Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,402
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Bookmarks:
4
Hits:
2,938

The Trouble With Tony

Summary:

Tony is kidnapped

Work Text:

The Trouble With Tony
by Belladonna

 

Tony looked up, his gray blue eyes sparkling as Gibbs walked in. "Hey Boss."

Gibbs grunted and took a sip of coffee, walking by without comment. Cait looked around in surprise, then looked at Tony, "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." she said sotto voce.

A grin greeted this apt observation, "Or he woke with the wrong person."

Cait smiled and shook her head.

"DiNozzo!" Gibbs barked, "I'll thank you not to talk about my private life!"

"Wasn't Boss, since I didn't know that you had one." Tony replied. Cait laid her head on her desk, her shoulders shaking with laughter. As long as it wasn't her baiting the man then she'd enjoy it.

Gibbs was about to unleash when Ducky walked in and cleared his throat, "Good morning Jethro."

"Ducky."

"Can I see you in my office?" The look on Ducky's face brooked no argument and Gibbs nodded, "All right."

Cait and Tony watched as the two men got into the elevator and the door closed. Cait shook her head, "Man, I thought he was going to tear you a new one."

There was a thoughtful look on his face, "I wonder what's the matter?" Tony asked, genuinely concerned. "He's been really out of it for the past couple of days."

His co-worker shook her head, "I know, usually he's so self contained." They both gazed thoughtfull at the elevator, then Cait shook her head, putting the mysteries of Agent Jethro Gibbs out of her mind, "I've got to finish this report." and she got to work.

~*~*~

Ducky gestured for his friend to take a seat, glaring when the man was about to refuse.

"What is the matter Jethro? You've been unhappy and ill tempered for several days now." Ducky asked.

Gibbs closed his eyes, "It's nothing. I'm dealing with it."

"Oh yes. Abby noticed how you've been 'dealing' with it. She was very hurt by your comments yesterday."

A wince, "I'll apologize and get her a couple of gallons of her favorite Ben and Jerry's." Gibbs said guiltily.

"And what are you going to do about young Anthony? He worships the ground that you walk on. Using him as a kicking post will not make what ever is bothering you disappear." This was said sternly.

Gibbs got up at the mention of his co-worker and he paced, then turned around, "Someone's threatened DiNozzo. I've been watching him at night to make sure he's ok."

"What? And you've told no one?" Ducky was aghast.

Gibbs ran a shaky hand through his hair, "It's someone who knows me well enough to realize that I care for him far more than I should."

There was a knowing look on Ducky's face and Gibbs cursed, "Am I so obvious?"

"Only to those who know and love you Jethro."

~^~^~

Tony finished up his own report and stood up and stretched, "I'm gonna go outside for a quick walk, I feel petrified from sitting here." Cait nodded absently and continued to type. He walked to the elevator and took it down to the ground floor and walked out into the sunshine. He was walking across the parking lot when a car screeched in and almost hit him.

"Son of a bitch, are you crazy?" He yelled. The man got out and pointed a black Sig Sauer at him, "Take off your gun and get in."

Tony raised his hands cautiously, one hand undoing the straps and letting the weapon and brown leather harness drop to the black top. "What do you want?"

The man laughed an ugly laugh, "To take you away from Gibbs. Now get in."

There was a shocked observer from an upper story window and he quickly wrote down the license plate number, watching as the car zoomed away. McGee ran for the elevator to let the others know.

~^~^~

Gibbs walked into the office area and immediatle looked for Tony, "Where's DiNozzo?" unease suddenly unfurling in his stomach.

Cait looked up, "He went outside to stretch his legs."

The older man paled, "Oh goddamn." the elevator doors opened and McGeee burst in, "I just saw Tony get kidnapped from the parking lot. He thrust a paper into Gibbs hand, "Here's the plate number. It's a black Ford Explorer."

Cait stood, shock on her face, "Kidnapped? By who?"

Gibbs handed the piece of paper to her, "Get this to Abby, see who it is." His phone rang and he walked over, "Agent Gibbs."

"Hello Jethro, are you missing a plaything?" came a familiar voice.

"Marcus, this has nothing to do with Tony, let him go."

"This has EVERYTHING to do with him! I told you that you were mine but you left me anyway. So now I'm taking what is yours." and he hung up.

Tony shook his head at his captor, "I don't know what you've been smoking but Gibbs and I aren't together." he said calmly. His heart however was racing, he'd wanted the older man forever but knew his policy on dating co-workers.

"Maybe not but he wants you. Once I get rid of you he'll want me back." the man growled, the craziness in his eyes making Tony nervous. Seeing a concrete abutment along side of the back road that they were on, Tony made a snap decision and grabbed the steeering wheel, jerking it out of the crazed mans' hands. There was alot of cursing as Tony punched the man in the face and suddenly there was a crash and everything went black.

Abby was about to get up when Gibbs strode in, "Abby, can you trace DiNozzzo's cell phone?"

She nodded, "Sure, it's one of the newer ones with the GPS chip." she began to type quickly, "I have who owns that Explorer." she said as she typed.

"I know who it is." Gibbs said grimly.

"Ah, here he is, andhe's not moving. Route 313 and Jackson Rd. towards Alexandria." but Gibbs was already gone.

There was grim silence in the car as Gibbs drove Cait and Ducky towards where he hoped Tony would be. "He'll be ok Gibbs." Cait said quietly.

The look in Gibbs eyes frightened her and she glanced back at Ducky who just shook his head. "Jethro, look." there was a column of smoke rising over the trees and as they heade around the curve they could see what was left of the black SUV wrapped around the bridge abutment.

He pulled up with a squeal of the wheels and jumped out, "Tony!" he roared and raced for the burning wreck, Ducky and Cait on his heels."Jethro be careful." Ducky called.

Gibbs was on his knees looking in and saw Tony leaning on the air bag, his eyes fluttering open, "Boss?" Gibbs cupped the bloody cheek, "Shh, it's ok, let me get you out of here." He jerked open the door and he and Cait gently and carefully slid the injured man out of the wreck. Ducky checked the other man but shook his head, "He's deceased."

"Leave him." Gibbs said.

The strong smell of gas made Gibbs heft Tony into his arms and walked over to the green verge and lay his precious burden in the grass. There was a crackle then the damaged car burst into flames

Cait was back at their vehicle calling the ambulance when Tony's eyes opened again, "Owie, my chest hurts." he complained. Ducky snorted, "And so it should Anthony, you have three broken ribs but I don't think anything is punctured."

Gibbs, who was clasping Tony's hand, closed his eyes in relief, "Oh god Tony." and he pressed a kiss into the palm he held. Tony glowed, "You do care for me?"

The older man leaned over, "And I promise I'll tell you everyday." and pressed a gentle kiss to Tony's lips. In the distance they could hear the ambulance sirens and Tony smiled, "Then it's worth a little pain."

Gibbs chuckled, "The trouble with you Tony is that you're never just a litte pain." and he kissed the man that he loved again.

 

END