Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
460
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
13
Hits:
907

Evil 1: Good vs...Evil?

Summary:

Fandom: Stargate Atlantis
Pairing: McKay/Sheppard
Feedback: Welcomed
Season: First season up to the episode The Eye
Series: First in the Evil Series
Beta: Nope, all errors are my own
Archive: Area 52, WWOMB, Wraithbait and anyone else who wants it
Note: The recent discussion on the McShepSlash list about whether the Wraith are evil got me thinking (not always a good thing). I found the different viewpoints interesting, but I started to wonder what the characters on the show might think.
Thus this ficlet was spawned.

Work Text:

Evil 1: Good vs...Evil?
by Bruceybabe

 

McKay walks hurriedly to his lab passing one of the recreation lounges. When someone in the room calls his name. Upon entering he sees Sheppard, Ford , Teyla and Beckett sitting together apparently in a heated discussion.

Sheppard: Hey McKay, saw you going past, come join us.

McKay: I was just going to my lab to....

Sheppard: It'll only take a few minutes, you see we need another opinion because at the moment we're tied.

McKay: Huh?

Ford: Well you see we were talking about the Wraith, and I said something about them being evil....

Beckett: I disagreed...

Ford: Will you let me tell this? Okay so we started getting into it, and in the end, me and the Major think the Wraith are evil, and Teyla and the Doc don't.

Sheppard: So we want to know what you think.

A long pause as McKay looks from one to the other.

McKay: I don't care. I mean the Wraith are trying to kill us.

Ford: You see, just like I said, the Wraith are the bad guys.

Teyla: That doesn't necessarily make them evil. It is simply their nature.

Beckett: Aye, the Wraith survive by feeding on other living things, it's about survival.

McKay: That's not what I meant. Look when I said I don't care, I mean I *really* don't care. About the Wraith or the discussion. Now can I go to my la...

Sheppard: C'mon McKay, five minutes of your precious time.

McKay: Major...

Sheppard: *Five* minutes.

McKay glares at Sheppard.

Sheppard glares back.

Beckett and Ford share an amused look, Teyla sighs in resignation.

McKay: Ok, Fine. You want to know what I think. I think trying to put human morality on non-humans is frankly *ludicrous*. After all *Evil* implies a choice, knowing something is wrong but doing it anyway. We have no idea what Wraith beliefs are or what their society is like. They could be trying to wipe out the human scourge that has taken over their part of the galaxy, for all we know. The ones we encounter could be worshiped as heroes or saints among their own kind. Maybe they have a psychological aversion to people with pink skin. Maybe they don't like the way we dress or do our *hair*. I don't care if the people trying to kill us are good or bad Major because I'm kind of hung up on the part where they're trying to *KILL US*! There, happy? Good, I'll be in my lab.

McKay turns and stomps out of the room.

Sheppard: .......

Beckett: ........

Teyla: ........

Ford:.....So... Do you think the Genii are evil?

 

Fin