Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,059
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
11
Bookmarks:
3
Hits:
1,958

Now You Know

Summary:

A late night visitor.

Work Text:

Now You Know
By Sonia


*This better be good. It's 4:30 in the fucking morning!!*

Tony thought as he approached his door. He pulled on a sweater and a pair of pants. As he ran his hands through his mussed hair, he became even angrier. Why someone was over here at this time was beyond him. It had been a humiliating day as it was. His most recent case had ended with the death of "Amanda Reed" aka Lt. Cdr. Voss aka The He She as "it" was now being called all over the office. As he went to the door, a strange
thought occurred to him. He ran back to his bedroom.

With his gun loaded and cocked he shouted "Who is it?!"

"It's Gibbs, DiNozzo. Open the damn door."

He and Gibbs had been dancing around each other for months. Tony was never sure were he stood with him. They would be "fuck buddies" for a few weeks then nothing. The first time Gibbs cut him off, Tony went home, closed the blinds and ate an entire Mrs. Smith's Apple Pie. A few days later Gibbs showed up at his place, clapped his teeth to side of Tony's neck and fucked the life out of him. They have never had a conversation about any of it. If something happens between them it happens when Gibbs wants it, how he wants it and where he wants it. That used to suit Tony just fine. He just wanted to be in the game.

Things ran smoothly for awhile until the "incident" with the terrorist. Tony hadn't realized how deep his feelings had gotten for the former Gunnery Sergeant until then. Seeing Gibbs lying on the floor, blood pouring out of his shoulder wound was a wake-up call. When he was well enough, Tony promised himself he would "say something" to him. There never seem to be an opportunity to talk to him once Gibbs came back to work. Anybody else he would have just called them at home. That wouldn't work with Gibbs. Then one evening after everyone was gone, he sidled up to Gibbs' desk. He waited until Gibbs looked up at him and he smiled.

His eyes were dead as he said "It's over, DiNozzio." He got up turned off his lamp and walked away. The blood rushed around Tony's head in a loud way. He had to clutch the desk to remain standing. He had been foolish enough to think they could pick up where they had left off. What they had wasn't much but Tony had come to need it. If he couldn't have him emotionally at least he had his still amazing body. Now he had nothing. They had never even gotten to the stage of using their first names outside of work.

The job was the job. Nothing had changed there. Except that Tony had really fucked up this time.

He unlocked the two deadbolts and cracked the door open.

"What's going on Boss?" he said with a "please don't kill me" smile on his face.

"Aren't you gonna let me in?" Gibbs growled impatiently.

"Sure." Tony stepped back and let his supervisor all the way into the apartment. Gibbs scanned the room as was his habit.

"At least it's neater than the last time I was here."

"Thanks. I've made an effort. Um, is there something....it's kinda of early you know." Tony stopped when he saw the look on Gibbs' face.

"You got any coffee? I missed a few cups today." He grumbled as he removed his jacket.

*Making himself comfortable. This can't be good.*

"I can microwave some for you?"

He received the Gibbs version of please. "What are you waiting for?"

"I'll be right back." Tony moved off towards his small kitchen. He was surprised when Gibbs followed him. He leaned in the doorway and folded his arms.

"How's your head?" Gibbs asked as Tony put a mug full of water into the microwave.

"It's fine, just a little fuzzy around the edges."

Gibbs smirked "I bet it is. You took quite a hit."

"No biggie. It's made of mahogany, remember?" Tony quipped reviving an old running joke. He didn't see the look on Gibbs' face when he turned to the ringing microwave and removed the hot water. He added three scoops of instant coffee, stopped, thought about it and added a fourth.

"She could have really hurt you Tony. You've got to be more careful."

Tony handed the mug to Gibbs. Their eyes locked for a moment and Tony's mouth fell open.

Gibbs' blue eyes penetrated him body and soul. He put the cup on the counter and moved closer to Tony. They could feel each other's breath on their faces.

"Boss?" He barely managed to squeak out.

Gibbs shook his head.

"Jethro."

He put his hands on each side of Tony's face and brushed his soft lips against his. Tony held Gibbs' trim waist and pulled him closer. Gibbs' hands came up into Tony's hair as he plunged his tongue further in. The kiss deepened into a passionate tug of war. Jethro let go of Tony who almost lost his balance with his withdrawal.

"Tony, you answer your goddamn phone, when I call you. You hear me. I don't care if you are about to slide into home with some girl or guy, you stop in midstroke and answer your goddamn phone."

Tony wrapped his long arms around Gibbs. He breathed in the always present scent of coffee and wood from his boat. He kissed him fully.

"I'm sorry I scared you. It won't happen again." Tony took a chance and grabbed Gibbs' hand. He started leading him to his bedroom.

Gibbs stopped him and dropped his hand. Tony was thunderstruck. Had he gotten the signals mixed up?

"Yes it will happen again. That's what scares me. I didn't know...I could still feel this way...about someone." Gibbs looked at him with frightened eyes.

Tony smiled and held him close. He played with the lock of gray hair that had fallen onto Jethro's forehead.

"Now you know."



*The End*