Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
453
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,262

Decisions Decisions

Summary:

Fandom: Crossing Jordan
Pairing: None

Summary: Woody's considering dating options
Archive: Yes
Feedback: poet77665@catlover.com
Status: Finished
Disclaimer: I did not create the characters here, I don't own them. I derive no profit from this effort. I mean nothing but respect for the creators, owners, and the actors and actresses who portray them.
Websites: http://www.angelfire.com/grrl/scribescribbles and http://www.angelfire.com/grrl/foxluver
Notes: It occurred to me that Woody seemed to be making his way through the female staff at the morgue. Why just the female staff?

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Decisions, Desicions
By Scribe

Jordan, Devon, Lily. I seem to be trying to make my way through the morgue's female staff, but I swear I didn't start out to do that. It just seemed easier. I mean, a cop's life is complicated to start with, and there are extra strains on relationships. Going with someone you work with would just double the frustration instead of cutting it, but someone you didn't QUITE work with, someone who had an idea of what you go through... That seemed like a good idea.

Seemed like. Jordan--hot, but about as complicated as quantum physics. More baggage than LAX during the holiday travel season. Devon--I got out of that one fast. I have no problem with giving my bed partners what they want, but... Ask Nigel about her patience sometimes, and I kept expecting her to pull out a strap on. And Lily. Now, Lily is the sort of girl I could bring home to meet the family. She's a sweet girl--really sweet. Very, very sweet. Kitten-dipped-in-honey sweet. Pat on the head sweet. Except for that time in the break room where she was asking me if I'd have sex with her. I'm not ready to deal with someone that schizophrenic.

So here I am looking again. The other female staffers are married or approaching mom stage, so that leaves the XY side of life, which is fine by me.

Nigel. Oh, yeah. But... Well, I'm not really sure about Nigel. He flirts with everyone--it's like breathing for him. I love hanging with the guy--he's a lot of fun. But he enjoys jerking my chain WAY too much to make long periods of time comfortable. Nigel would be the person to go to for a dirty weekend in Vegas, no doubt about that. But then there's the problem of work. Sure, things are a lot more tolerant on the force these days, but steady dating someone the least bit flamboyant could still get me more heat than I'd like. In a perfect world... But this isn't a perfect world.

What I need is someone with a hint of Jordan's mystery, a touch of Devon's 'take no shit' attitude, a smidge of Lily's cuddliness, and a bit of Nigel's off-beat sense of fun. That's why I'm coming in to the morgue lab on my own time. I grin the moment I see the compact man in the white lab, sleek dark head bent over a microscope. He hears me and looks up. His expression doesn't change, but there's a little curiosity in his usual even tone. "Hey, Woody. Are we working on one of your cases?"

"Hey, Bug. Just thought I'd drop by."

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Scribe.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.