Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-01-20
Words:
117,658
Chapters:
39/39
Comments:
2
Kudos:
19
Hits:
18,571

To Be Loved

Summary:

(purplehaysc@hotmail.com) but if you want a response back from during the week email me at (cha005@latech.edu)
Disclaimer: these characters belong to One Tree Hill except for Margaret or any other characters you don’t recognize.
Distribution: Take it, but let me know. If you have any of my other fics, go ahead.
Comments: This is my first One Tree Hill Fic but email me if have an comments please

Chapter 1: part 1

Chapter Text

To Be Loved
by Christen

 

(To Be Loved by Curtis Stigers)

"Mind your manners
Watch your weight
Be a good boy
Just behave
What's wrong with you?
Settle down.
Keep your two feet on the ground.
Stand up straight
Sit up tall
Never falter
Never fall
Stay in school
Make the grade
Never fail
And never fade"

 

Lucas stood in front of the grave and put a rose on it and started to walk away. He took one last look at the grave "Dan Scott- a great father, husband and man 1964-2011"

"You coming?" Margaret asked as she turned around.

"Yeah, I think I'm ready." He said as she walked over to her and put her hand in his.

"Nathan, will be here soon. Haley called to warn me."

"Too bad our feud couldn't have died with out father." Lucas said sadly.

"I wish it had to."

 

 

"Apparently some things haven't changed since I left." Margaret Jackson said as she came downstairs.

"Mags, when did you get back? Why are you here?" Nathan asked confused.

"It's good to see you too, brother." Margaret said sarcastically.

"When did you get in?" Dan asked.

"About two last night. And before I forget to say thanks. I'll say it now. Thanks for picking me up for the airport." She said sarcastically.

"Did you get kicked out of school again?" Nathan asked.

"Tenth school, I think I'm going for a record."

"This isn't something you should be proud about." Dan said.

"I know."

"So what is it for this time?" Nathan asked.

"Disciplinary Problems, that's all I was told." She said looking at her stepfather.

"What did you do?" Nathan asked.

"I don't know maybe you should ask your father that."

"What are you talking about?" Nathan asked confused.

"Nothing, Nathan you need to get your books and so do you, Margaret. So you will get to school on time."

"Fine." Nathan said as he ran to his room.

"Don't do that again!" Dan said mad.

"Then don't get me kicked out of school and I won't have to."

"Oh don't act like you didn't miss me."

"Believe me I didn't!" Margaret said as she headed upstairs.

 

 

"So how was Chad's first day of high school?" Nathan asked as he came in to the garage.

"You mean your brother, right? Or are you still calling him your nephew?" Margaret said mad as she slammed the register close.

"He's not my brother."

"Yeah and either is my x-husband, right?"

"Speaking of your x-husband. I see he went to my father's grave today."

"He's his father too."

"No he's a man he despised. Keith Scott is his father. He most have just gotten the Scott's mixed up again. It's happened before."

"Nathan, why are you here?"

"Can't I just come see my sister?"

"No, you can't." Peyton said as she came in.

"Peyton, I just..." Nathan started to say.

"Leave now Nathan before I tell Lucas that you are here." Peyton said.

"Right so you're going to go run to your husband. Still as pitiful as ever." Nathan said.

"I'm only telling you one more time to leave." Margaret said.

"Fine, just tell your husband that Haley wants him to call him." Nathan said as he started to leave.

Chad passed him while he was coming in. "What was he doing here, mom?"

"He's just leaving, sweetheart." Margaret said.

 

 

"So are you planning on talking to me or are we just going to go to school in complete silence?" Margaret asked Nathan.

"That's my plan. What you have a problem with that?"

"Yes, I just got back from Europe where I've been for at least six months. I would like to think that my little brother would at least want to say hi to me. Or want to know how I'm doing."

"It's not the first time you've been gone for six months or longer."

"And you never missed me this whole time?"

"I've learned not to miss people. Not to miss you or mom."

"Speaking of our mother, have you heard from her recently?"

"I hear she's living with Pablo right now and she's very happy." Nathan said sarcastically.

"Leave it to mom to tell you everything when she calls you but yell at me when she calls me." Margaret said smiling.

"Well our mother is one of a kind I've got to give her that much." Nathan said laughing.

"Yes that she is." Margaret said also laughing.

 

 

"Where did you go?" Haley asked as Nathan came in the house.

"Went to get my car checked up." Nathan said as he put his keys down on the table.

"Did you pass my message on to Lucas? Because you know I would of preferred to do it my self."

"I tried but his wives stopped me." Nathan said as he sat down.

"And you're shocked?"

"Well they are my in-laws, hell one of them is even my half sister."

"Who you've treated like dirt every chance you got."

"So?"

"Nathan we've been through this before. This fight between you and Lucas was your father's fight. Your father is dead so should the fight."

"I would if he wasn't responsible for his death."

 

 

"Did you hear about you not being the only bastard sibling of Nathan's any more." Brooke told Lucas as he entered school.

"What are you talking about Brooke?" Lucas asked confused.

"You didn't know that Nathan had a half-sister did you?" Brooke asked shocked.

"Should I have know?"

"Well considering she's been going to this school on and off for at least ten years I thought you would of noticed her."

"Sorry I didn't. Is there a reason I should?"

"No, I guess not. Got to go bye." Brooke said walking off.

"Nathan, I go it. I think I can find my own locker." Margaret said as she walked over to Lucas. "Would this be locker number 214?" She asked Lucas.

"Yeah, right next to mine. Who are you any way?"

"Margaret Jackson, you are?"

"Lucas Scott. Nice to meet you." Lucas said extending his hand.

TBC