Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
406
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,061

Exiting From Existence

Summary:

CLASSIFICATION: Cordelia/Angel
SUMMARY: When Angel dies, he sees someone he's missed a lot.
SPOILERS: Post "Not Fade Away."
DISTRIBUTION: Any sites with my fic up; you all have unspoken permission. I write it, you can post it. Everyone else just keep my name on it and let me know.
DISCLAIMER: If you don't recognize it, chances are it's my own creation. If you do, I don't own it. Joss Whedon, Kazui Sandollar, The WB, UPN, et. al. most likely do.
FEEDBACK: Please send it offlist and let me know it's feedback; I do rapid delete on my account due to a lot of spam
AUTHOR'S NOTES: Aaronlisa had a holiday wish list up at her LJ, and one of her wishes was for a post-"Not Fade Away" C/A fic. This is my wish fulfillment. Also for Jessica, who wanted A/C fic.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Exiting From Existence
By Ragna

 

Angel wasn't sure what had happened at first. Everything had been so fast. He was going up against a Maleirce demon, one of the hundreds of demons that swarmed Los Angeles during what was so aptly termed by Spike as "the final showdown," and now he was in a white room.

"You're dead."

He'd recognize that voice anywhere.

"White room is kind of typical, don't you think? Don't worry, once you're orientated, and I use the term loosely, you get to leave and go wander around."

Angel whipped around and saw Cordelia staring at him, smiling. "Is this real?" he asked.

"Yeah, it's real. Turned out I hadn't used up all my favors," she said. "I got one more. I knew you weren't going to make it. I just didn't pass that particular part of the vision on to you."

Angel smiled slightly. "You knew if I saw that, I'd do everything I could to prevent it."

Cordelia nodded. "Yeah. And we win, don't worry." She cocked her head towards the door that had materialized. "Wes is already here, so's Fred. I guess when her soul disappeared it was a death, so she got sent here. And Doyle's here, so's a few of the Sunnydale people."

"Doyle?"

"Yeah. He's having an interesting time. He and Wesley actually hit it off well."

"Doyle?"

Cordelia snapped her fingers. "Yes. Doyle. Along with your son's mother. How Darla ended up here I'll never know. She's with Lawyer Boy."

"Lindsey?"

"Yeah, him. I guess he did something worth a trip up here. Think of this as a big reunion."

Angel bent his head. "Connor?"

Cordelia shook her head. "He's got a long life ahead of him." She reached out and put her hand on his shoulder. "He's going to be fine."

"Good." He reached up and took her hand. "You know, there was a lot I never got to tell you."

"Like that you love me?"

Angel nodded. "Among other things."

"You have the rest of eternity to tell me." She walked to him, wrapping her other arm around him. "We're together now, and we'll do some good. We'll be doing what we planned from the beginning of Angel Investigations."

He let go of her hand and embraced her. "Cordelia? Do you..."

"Yeah, Angel, I love you too." She pulled back and looked him in the eye. "Come on. There's people waiting for you..."

 

END

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ragna.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.