non-U
The Oxford University Folklore and FanFiction Society

Meeting Minutes - 22 January 2005
chez President of Vice, saturday 22 january, 2pm
present: Tyrannist, Co-Founder/non-Treasurer, President of Vice, PV's associate, Hat Officer, Head Boy
absent: Recording Secretary (minutes kept by President of Vice)


2:00pm - insults: 'gravitationally attractive'; Christ Church single parents getting turned down: 'the barren spinster'. general discussion of the college parenting system. discussion of the oxford tube as a sexual/reproductive metaphor, bringing a coach-load of new babies each term. 'I'm a classicist, I don't exist!' 'don't you try and out-latin me, science boy!' holmes & watson, whipped cream, blow jobs (it's a cocktail, ladies & gentlemen!), followed by the head boy's first foray under the desk for refuge. when he emerges, he admits that the earth is the centre of the universe, and 'you just have to curl one of your dimensions up a bit'. we discuss flat earth theories, and the gender of the great a'tuin. how can science-boy defend tolkien's elves' blatant ignorance of the laws of physics? how can classics-boy get away with saying 'but timothy dalton's so dreamy!'. it's been a good half hour of unstoppable hat officer/head boy banter, and we decide to set them up as a comedy duo, deinos and charleston. legions of naked oiled eddie izzards with spears? deinos: 'quiet, you!' charleston: 'ssh, dear.' we agree that they represent the ultimate dichotomy - like aziraphale and crowley, like harry and draco, light and dark, good and evil --- science and arts. deinos is camp, ancient, arty - a truly great old athenian man. charleston is modern, dry, neat, scientific, and incredibly repressed. he hides under tables when distressed or aroused.

3:15pm - Tyrannist called the meeting to order. Our topic for the day was discussion of the Ministry of Magic, and our conclusion takes almost two whole pages of my notes: "Not corrupt, but overly beaurocratic: more cock-up than conspiracy." We decide that Voldemort's power comes from his ability to say 'expecto computer graphic!' various discussions take place around the topic of the Presdent of Vice's pink fluffy handcuffs - the final rating for the depravity of the meeting is four trips under the desk by the Head Boy, and one foetal position on the floor. We make plans for this term, which include:
  • DIY legend: greek mythology?
  • story challenges
  • reading aloud, but not NC-17/R
  • re-enactments
  • busk-reading Harry Potter, with spells, having a plant in the audience to throw things that we 'Accio!

    after discussions of possible street theatre, everyone is now dressed up in the President of Vice's clothing. Hat Officer spanks Head Boy with the President of Vice's riding crop - 'you like that, don't you bitch?!' Hat Officer, in the jester's hat, looks like something out of Japanese tentacle manga, so the meeting dissolves into a search for 'The Cockmonster' on the internet, followed by various comedic flash animations.

    ADJOURNED.





    who we are | what we do | where to find us | and when | but why? | how to join
    home

    05 february 2005