Just imagining how that interview between Jack and Emmett Bregman at the end of Heroes Pt. 2 could have gone.


Interview

by Night Spring


Emmett: So, how did you get involved in the Stargate program?

Jack: I wanted to die.

Emmett: .... Ah, you said...?

Jack: You heard me.

Emmett: Ahem. Would you care to elaborate on that?

Jack: Actually, no.

Emmett: Well... um, you obviously didn't die...

Jack: No, I didn't. Daniel did.

Emmett: Dr. Jackson? Are you referring to his, ah, what did he call it, ascension?

Jack: No. He died on the first mission. Saving me.

Emmett: He died? But...

Jack: He died, I died, Carter and Teal'c died, we've all been dead at least once.

Emmett: Oh. Um. And what is it like? To be dead?

Jack: Bad. Very bad. Won't recommend it.

Emmett: Oh... Ok, so Dr. Jackson saved your life the first time you went through the Stargate. But at the time you wanted to die?

Jack: Yes, he... Jack delivers a lengthy, passionate and idiosyncratic monologue on Daniel, which we don't really need to hear, do we?

Emmett: You obviously have a... complicated relationship with Dr. Jackson.

Jack: Takes that as an excuse to deliver another lengthy monologue on Daniel.

Emmett: So would you say you admire Dr. Jackson?

Jack: Well. Don't ask, don't tell and all that.

Emmett: .....!!!

Jack: Kidding. You don't think I'd really tell you something like that, do you?

Emmett: Um... So... Dr. Jackson?

Jack: Admire him? Yes, I do. waxes poetic over Daniel's body I mean, you've got to admire that, don't you think?

Emmett: .... Uh... well... I, um... That... that was enlightening. Yes. So. Moving on. Colonel, what do you think will happen when the world finally hears about the Stargate?

Jack: Well. Daniel would say...

Emmett tries to cut off another poetic monologue on Daniel Jackson and fails miserably.

Jack: Finally winds down. So. Did you want anything else?

Emmett: Uh... um... No, Colonel. That's fine, just fine. Thank you so much for your time.

Jack: My pleasure. Anytime. Leaves.

Airman: Sir? Where do you want this tape?

Emmett: Just... throw it away. I'm not going to be able to use any of that. Wait. On second thought, deliver it to Dr. Jackson. He'd find it... enlightening.

Airman nods smartly and walks out. Camera fades out on a shot of Emmett quietly shaking his head.


Back to Index