RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +







Story Notes:
A/N: So uhm, I gave this prompt over at the wonderful kink meme thingie st_xi_kink and then it got stuck in my own head and it wouldn’t leave. And then it grew beyond my wildest imagination and ate my life for the last two days. So yeah. *scratches head* I hope it’s acceptable to y’know, fill your own prompts? Also, this is they first time I’ve written Startrek in my life. It’s harder than it looks. Please forgive me any OOC. Also, I’m not really a pro at writing NC-17 material, so I hope it turned out fine as well.

A/N 2: Unbetaed. Forgive me any mistakes against the English language. Especially since it’s not my first language.



*~*~*~*~*


Disclaimer: I don’t own any of them, which is probably a good thing since I tend to let thme get hurt and stuff.

The sun will rise, the sun will save me from the night.
The sun will change me, change the way I feel.
The love I want, the love I need is sure to come,
Is sure to lead me, lead me home again.

The light is low, the night is burning.
My head is still, but my mind is turning, turning round again.
If only I could make it through this lonely night,
If I can do this, if I can drift away.

Then the sun will rise, the sun will save me from the night,
The sun will change me, change the way I feel.


James Brendan, The Sun Will Rise.



Jim closed his eyes, massaging the bridge of his nose. They had managed to beat the Narada in the end. Unfortunately they had not succeeded before the earth’s core had been breached and red matter had been injected into it. They had had to watch earth destroy itself, just as the planet Vulcan did. Save for the other federation ships, most of which were now at the same rendezvous point as the Enterprise with the surviving Vulcans, and some of Earth’s colonies “ there were almost a ridiculous low amount of humans left.

Jim felt sick as he realised that they “ just as the Vulcans “ could be considered an endangered species. Due to the several off-world human colonies, Jim figured they were slightly better off than the Vulcans who had but a few of those. He briefly thought about his mother and stepfather, who had moved to one of the outer farming colonies a few years back. He wasn’t sure if he should be relieved or feel something entirely else. Mostly, he felt numb. Mentally shaking himself to rally his wits, he opened his eyes and faced his crew. He couldn’t afford to lose it “ not in front of the people that now looked to him for guidance. They needed him.

“Uhura, what is the timing on Spock beaming back aboard?” He asked, looking at the lieutenant. She frowned at him but answered nonetheless.

“They should be beaming up any minute, captain.”

He nodded. Spock had joined the new Vulcan council in negotiations with remaining off-world earth dignitaries. With some luck they would have doctored out an emergency plan to follow. Not knowing what to do or where to go would kill Jim more easily than any space battle could.

Scotty’s voice echoed over the comm. “Scotty to Kirk. Vulcans request permission to board, captain.”

“Permission granted.” He spoke absentmindedly.

“Aye Captain. Energizing now.”

He frowned as Uhura almost smirked nastily for a moment, then he nearly jumped out of the captain’s chair as a loud crackle echoed across the comm. He shook his head warily, thinking the worrying of the last few days had finally done him in. It had almost sounded like phaser fire being released. He sighed and addressed Scotty.

“Kirk to Scotty. Tell Spock to meet me on the bridge.”

Silence echoed. A trickle of unease coursed through his mind - his gut screaming at him.

“Scotty?” Jim asked worriedly, thumbing his communicator again.

The turbo lift opening in the silence on the bridge seemed almost ominously loud. All of the crew turned to the lift and within seconds Jim’s bridge was filled with several uptight looking Vulcans holding armed phasers. Spock also entered the bridge armed. Jim’s mind raced to consider the implications as they all fanned out and kept the crew under fire. It was almost as if out of a bad mid 20th century Western. Jim stood quickly.

“What the hell do you think you’re…”

But before he could finish his sentence he was phasered down. Surprisingly, it wasn’t by any of the Vulcans but by a smirking Uhura. The last thing he saw before falling to the ground and blacking out was an angry Spock marching towards him “ catching him before he hit the deck.



*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*



Everything hurt and tingled as he came to “ nausea wreaking havoc with his systems. That phaser has been set to the highest stun mode before the ‘killing’ mode. Jim was adequately acquainted with that mode from his Starfleet training classes. He groaned as surprisingly deft and gentle hands skimmed over his body. The whizzing sound and puncture of something in his neck “ most likely a hypo “ made him open his eyes. A worried Bones looked down at him.

“Jim.” He spoke softly, voice trembling. Jim blinked trying to clear his head. “What happened?” He murmured. Bones was wrenched out of his field of sight by two Vulcans as another two hauled up upright. He groaned as the nausea threatened to make itself known once more.

“Easy on the goods fellas.” He joked, but his eyes flicked around the bridge. He took in Spock talking to what appeared to be his father and several older Vulcans. His crew save a restrained Bones and a smirking Uhura were tied up and guarded by younger Vulcans. He shook his head. He was trying to make sense of it, but it didn’t come easy.

“Can someone tell me what the hell is going on here?”

He spoke, raising his voice and drawing everyone’s attentions. Bones hissed at him to be quiet, but that had never worked well for Jim before. Spock turned to look at him and Jim felt like a bug about to be dissected. Then, Spock’s lips twitched “ almost as if he were about to grin. Jim was almost fascinated by it. Maybe he would be if his bridge hadn’t been boarded “ or something that very much resembled being boarded at the very least. A part of him hoped he was wrong, but he doubted it.

“We would be most willing to explain the situation.” Spock replied, his eyes still trained on Jim.

Oh you smug bastard.



*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*



Jim listened in disbelief to the Vulcan elder Sarek “ Spock’s father “ explaining the conclusions they had drawn. It all pretty much came down to this.

“Let me get this straight. Since we’re both more or less endangered species now, Vulcans more than humans, you’re going to take over and merge with us lowly humans as much as possible to rebuild a common species “ preferably with Vulcan dominant traits. And all this because you find it logical?” He ended on an incredulous note.

The Vulcans blinked at his summary.

“Essentially, you are correct in your summarization.” Spock said as if he had managed a somewhat startling feat. Kirk glared at him and bared his teeth, before turning back to face Sarek. Spock’s father was also watching him as vividly as his son. Frankly, it made his skin crawl. Father and son were a bit too much alike in their facial expressions for Jim’s tastes. Of course, they were Vulcans, so they all had the same facial expressions. He thought sourly.

“And you don’t think this is going to create bad blood between our two species?” Jim replied almost calmly, trying to hang unto a shred of sanity in dealing with the Vulcans. Something that proved to be far more trying than anticipated. Of course, diplomacy had never been Jim’s strong point at the academy. It should prove just his luck that James T. Kirk was responsible for negotiating on the behalf of the freedom and free will of the remaining population of his species. It boggled the mind.

The Vulcans blinked rapidly.

“Human and Vulcan physiology have proven to merge quite satisfactorily.” Sarek spoke. “There is no need to fear ‘bad blood between our two species’ as you say.”

Jim gaped for a moment. Damn literal Vulcans

“What I mean is that humans won’t look kindly on your little plan to save the species, since it essentially equals being enslaved on our part.”

Spock’s eyebrows twitched as he replied.

“This is immaterial. Both our species have a 78.63 percentage of a successful survival rate when combined logically. Should we not merge, the expected survival rate is reduced by 65.1 percent.”

Jim gritted his teeth. “That’s not the point. The point is that you’re planning on enslaving the remaining part of humankind in order to turn them into your Vulcan breeding machines.”

Sarek frowned at his insistent answers to their reasoning.

“Spock, this is futile. They will settle into their roles eventually.” He looked the scared crew over once, before settling briefly on McCoy. He faced Spock again.

“Chose your intended and claim the human. It is your right as captain of this vessel and esteemed Vulcan in the eyes of the council of new Vulcan.”

Jim laughed roughly. “What?” He scoffed. “Spock here gets first pick?” His eyes trailed to a smirking Uhura. It didn’t take much to figure out that she’d been into the thick of things, what with still being untied and having a phaser of her own. Kirk blinked as he realised that the bitch actually phasered him down.

“Yes, he does.” Sarek spoke, drawing his attention back to the Vulcans. He saw Uhura shifting closer to him and Bones. Spock started walking in her direction. There’s a surprise. Jim thought bitterly. Well, She’ll find out what happens to traitors soon enough, no doubt. He looked at Bones, who was still restrained by two of his own goons. He tried to smile reassuringly at his best friend, but probably didn’t quite manage it. With his attention on Bones, he failed to miss Spock walking past a stunned Uhura. He also missed two of the remaining Vulcan guards restraining and disarming her as she moved to follow Spock. She only gasped audibly however as Spock stopped in front of Kirk himself.

Jim turned to face Spock surprised, blinking slightly at finding the Vulcan standing so close. The Vulcan was seriously creeping Jim out more than usual.

“What the fuck are you looking at you traitorous bastard!?!” He snapped, trying to remain in control of his reactions to the best of his limited abilities. Spock really brought the worst out of his at times. Now seemed to be one of those times.

“She’s standing over there.” Jim spoke, nodding at a restrained Uhura. He frowned at the Vulcans holding her back though. Something niggled at the back of his mind “ as if he wasn’t quite on track with was happening. Jim thought he deserved a little slack, especially considering the past week he had had.

Spock reached out a hand and trailed it down Jim’s face, whose stomach fluttered at the touch. Jim tried to pull back in startled response, but the grip of the two Vulcans holding him tightly didn’t permit much leeway in manoeuvring. He mentally grumbled. He was going to have bruises for sure.

“You are incorrect in your deductions. I have chosen another intended.”

Jim blinked, processing the statement. He heard Bones curse and struggle as it slowly seeped in beyond all reason that Spock choose him of all people.

“Don’t you touch him!” Bones roared, drawing their attention. He struggled against his Vulcans guards, who pushed him to his knees. The doctor gasped as the Vulcans applied pressure to this arms and wrists.

“Bones!” Jim cried, pulling uselessly against the grip of his own guards.

Spock held out a splayed hand and the Vulcans ceased their actions. Jim looked from his friend to Spock and back. Spock forcibly gripped his chin and made Jim meet his gaze.

“I wouldn’t want to see the doctor come to any unnecessary harm.”

Jim swallowed at the threat, his eyes flicking to an ill-looking Bones. The grip on his chin tightened. He gritted his teeth, struggling not the react at the show of strength from Spock. They’d been here before and it had lead to a bruised throat for Kirk. Now, there was no emotionally compromised clause to fall back upon.

“I’m male.” He choked out. “I can’t give you children.”

Spock’s lips stretched into an approximation of a human smile. “The Enterprise is equipped with everything necessary to perform the male carrier procedure. It is part of the diplomatic arsenal of the Enterprise as a Federation diplomatic warship.”

Jim closed his eyes briefly against the inevitable.

“That procedure is still experimental.”

Spock’s fingers trailed down Jim’s throat. “Yes, but all the results so far have been most promising.”

Jim opened his eyes “ meeting Spock’s gaze squarely.

“My crew?”

“They will remain mostly unharmed. It is the Vulcan intention to create as many bonded pairs as is possible to ensure a clear line of succession and reproduction. Vulcans also thrive better when having a bonded mate. Those humans that are not immediately claimed will be put in housing that allows unbonded Vulcans to sample them “ before possibly choosing them as their intended.”

Jim felt sick. They were essentially going to turn his people into Vulcan fucktoys. His eyes went to his crew members, trying to minimize the damage.

“Will they stay on the Enterprise?”

“Some.” Spock said. “Bonded humans belong with their mate.” Jim felt hysteria bubbling.

“Bones.” He spoke to Spock. “I want him and Sulu and Chekov and Scotty to “.”

Spock interrupted him. “I will see what I can do, as long as you indulge me in my own need for an intended. You are of more use to your crew and your friends as my intended.”

Jim met the gaze of a mute Bones, desperately shaking his head. He looked at Spock, who already knew the answer before he gave it. Jim would do anything conscionably possible to help his crew and he would do the unthinkable to make life a bit more bearable for his friends. Even Spock saw that as clear as day.

“Fine.”