RSS

Printer
- Text Size +







Story Notes:
Another in the small progression of Gravitation fics.
Please let me know what you think.



*~*~*~*~*


"Yuki... Come here... please." Shuichi called as he sat in the living room with his feet up, watching some music video channel. The writer got up from his computer and hurried into where his husband of one month sat with his hands on his barely evident belly.
"What's wrong?" Yuki asked as he settled his hand over Shuichi's, while kneeling at the side of the couch watching his husband closely.
"Nothing... I just was sitting here and I realized... I can actual feel him... her... which ever. I don't think you can just yet but I can sort of feel little things. Stretches and flutters... I guess it just makes what's happening in there more real or something." As he was talking Shuichi's eyes filled up and Yuki drew him close smiling a little as he rubbed his back.
"Soon I'll be able to feel the chibi moving too." Yuki told him with a soft voice as he pulled back and brushed Shuichi's hair from his face.
"Yeah... Umm... Yuki... since you're already up, could you get me an orange? I would get it but..." Shuichi left off with a shrug and Yuki just shook his head.
"Of course I'll get it for you. If you're wanting healthy *anything* I'll get it for you." Yuki grumbled under his breath as he went and picked through the fruit on their dining table. After peeling and sectioning it, Yuki put it into a bowl and brought it into him. Shuichi had his hands reaching for it and snatching it as soon as he was within reaching distance. Yuki settled beside him as Shuichi made short work of the fruit.
"Umm. Thanks Yuki." Shuichi turned slightly and gave Yuki a quick deep kiss.
The writer simple sat there smiling slightly as he rubbed his hands over Shuichi's stomach, wondering how long it would be before he felt their baby move.

***** "No." Shuichi said as he glared at the stuff on the plate Yuki held.
"You've got to have your vegetables, Shuichi. Otherwise the chibi won't be healthy." Yuki sat the plate in front of his husband and put a hand on the almost exposed flesh of Shuichi stomach.
"But they taste gross! Isn't there something else I could eat in place of that? I mean, I eat fruits and stuff all of the time. They're healthy and they taste good... This stuff doesn't.
What about stir fry of some kind?" Shuichi pushed the plate away from him and glanced longing at a cabinet over Yuki's shoulder where he knew a large box of peanut butter cookies were.
"I'll agree to stir fry... As long as I make it. Okay?" Yuki knew that he wasn't going to get the health mix the doctor had suggested into his lover, but he had to try.
"Okay... Yuki..." Shuichi left off giving Yuki a big eyed loving look.
"No cookies until after you've eaten stir fry. Got it?" Yuki gave him the sternest look he could muster before going to the refrigerator and pulling out the stuff for their dinner.
Shuichi pouted but then smiled, knowing that he'd be able to talk a couple more cookies out of Yuki later if he didn't push the issue now.

*****
"Yuki? Are my feet still down there?" Shuichi asked as he tried to look over the sides of his stomach.
"Yes... they are. Idiot." Yuki muttered the term affectionately.
"It's like that question of 'if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is there to hear it, does it make a sound.' I mean you know the tree falling makes a noise, but there's really no one there to say so. I mean, just because I can feel them, sometimes it's just better to be able to *see* that they're there. Does that make any sense?" Shuichi asked after he spoke, still trying to see around or over his stomach.
Tilting his head to one side, Yuki nodded slowly. "In an odd 'only-Shuichi-would-think-of-it' sort of way. Maybe I can help with your problem though." Rising Yuki went and got a large mirror and stood it in front of Shuichi. "See. Your feet are still there." Looking at himself Shuichi smiled for a moment before really looking at the picture he presented. "Yuki... I'm fat!"
Sighing softly, Yuki set the mirror aside and took Shuichi into his arms. "You're not fat. You have a baby inside of you. You don't expect the baby to be healthy if you are your normal size, do you?"
After chewing on his lip for a moment Shuichi shook his head. "I guess I'll just have to work hard to get the extra weight back off when the baby is born, huh?"
"With your metabolism you're not going to have to do anything more than be you're normal self. You bounce most of your calories off." Yuki ruffled Shuichi's pink hair and shook his head at his lover's strangeness.

THE END