Ask the Minotaur
Search the Database
Browse the Database


Your search turned up 3 hits

MB asks,

I have some questions about fisting. A friend and I want to use it in our fic, but we're wondering about the psychology, motivation, turn on. In other words, we don't want to do it if it's not in keeping with the characters' relationship.

I haven't read too much about it, but what I have read seems to indicate that it's a lot about trust.


Dear MB,

Well, trust is definitely a part of it - trusting someone enough to open up your legs and let them shove their whole hand inside you. But remember also that for guys sex is not so much issue oriented, it's more about power and sensation, hormones and adrenaline and sweat. This particular act is not one I've ever participated in personally, but I can see the attraction - if a big dick feels good, a bigger hand will feel even better. There's also the whole "pushing your envelope" thing, testing your own limits and passing them. I'd think, depending on who the characters are, that the most realistic scenario would involve one party saying to the other "let's try this...", and then both of them discovering how much fun it can be.

-- Minotaur




Jeanita asks,

I have a question I'm hoping you can either answer or refer me to some place where I can find the answer. I'm doing a story in which one partner is fisted and bleeds enough so that the other partner gets worried and takes him to the hospital. I need the injury to be serious enough to require treatment, but not so serious that the person's life is in imminent danger. Do you know where can I find out about more information about this subject? Fisting sites, mailing lists, archives?


Dear Jeanita,

I don't think you need to worry. Any substantial bleeding from the anus would freak someone out, especially a novice at fisting. A tear in the outer sphincter could easily become large enough to bleed enough that they might freak out and head to the ER, but not actually be life threatening.

-- Minotaur




Shirin asks,

You mentioned that the inside walls of the rectum does not have nerve endings, hence is quite insensitive. What about the actual sphincter - the inner lining of the anus? There definitely is feeling there, but I wonder if that is what the bottom 'feels' when he is penetrated. Gee..hope that question came out right...

Next, butt plugs. I suppose the purpose to them would be to stretch and/or relax the anal sphincter? True or false? I just wondered as the muscle is pretty pliant, it wouldn't really matter how big the plug was. The sphincter would just revert to its normal elasticity - but it may help in 'training' the individual. What say you?

Finally, on the subject of fisting. It definitely sounds tantalizing, but as you say, experience counts. What I have read sounds really messy - tons of Crisco involved. Does it really need that much lube? Won't KY do? Or isn't it potent enough? The term refers to 'fisting' but most descriptions I've read doesn't seem to show that a fist is actually involved, but a hand. Fingers first followed by the rest of the hand. How far is this applicable? And when the say 'all the way to the elbow', all I can say is, 'Really???' What - other than really stuffed - would the fistee feel?


Dear Shirin,

Actually the answers to all three of these are pretty closely related.

The sensation of the outer sphincter being stretched open can be quite pleasurable in and of itself, but the real thrill of having anything up your butt is the prostate stimulation. This includes fingers, dicks, dildos, butt-plugs, and fists. The inner walls of the anal canal don't have any nerve endings, so the sensations there are only of pressure, or fullness, and the secondary pressure this puts on the prostate. It's the direct stimulation of the prostate gland by the whatever that really causes all the fuss.

As for the fisting, yes it does require a great deal of lubrication. Crisco is the traditional favorite, don't ask me why, it's just one of those things. KY, or other non-petroleum based products will work just fine, but true aficionados prefer a big old tub of Crisco. And while the initial insertion is with the fingers, once they're all in they're often clenched into a fist to make for a larger 'head'. I have personally witnessed (though not participated in) someone take an arm all the way to the elbow. And for what they would feel... I'm not quite sure, but he certainly looked like he was enjoying himself.

-- Minotaur