Ask the Minotaur
Search the Database
Browse the Database


Your search turned up 5 hits

Sammy asks,

I read about a enema that is part of the shower. How does that work, and is it necessary before every time gay man have sex?


Dear Sammy,

Go to www.mgleather.com and search for "enema". You'll find a picture of the device. It's a metal (or sometimes plastic) tube that hooks into the shower head and ends in an enema/douche nozzle.

And no, an enema isn't necessary every time. In fact, it's not a good idea to use enemas too often - your body can become dependant on them. If a guy practices normal hygene, cleans himself regularly, and listens to his body, there's no reason for enemas. Some guys like them, some guys are more "natural" (by which I mean that they empty their bowels without any help, and just use soap and water to keep themselves clean).

-- Minotaur




Mary asks,

I'm doing a story about two guys being stranded on an uninhabited planet. There came a question up for me. I've often read that an enema should be used before anal intercourse. So would it be a good idea for the guys in question to engage in anal intercourse for they didn't have any items for an enema on the planet?


Dear Mary,

Enemas are not necessary before anal sex. Some guys like them, just as some women prefer to douche before sex. But they aren't required. Some guys never use them, and nobody should use them too often (they can confuse your body after a while, and damage the natural internal process). So being stranded on an uninhabited planet with no drugstores wouldn't stop these guys from having fun.

-- Minotaur




Sutremaine asks,

If you were doing an enema (or a douche or whatever), and you needed to improvise, what would you do (is it a hose pipe job?)?


Dear Sutremaine,

Umm, "hose pipe"? No!

I'm looking around my house, trying to figure out what I would use to improvise a douche.... and nothing is leaping out at me. I suppose you could use a turkey baster - the tip is about the right size - but you'd have to refill it a couple times. Usually you'd use 10-20 oz's of liquid. That's pretty much all I could find.

You would need a tip of some kind, about a big around as a single finger, and a hose of some kind to attach it to something flexible that could contain liquid. Why flexible? Because the liquid has to be forced up into the body - gravity alone is not strong enough.

I would think that any guy who made douching a regular part of his pre-sex cleaning would own a douche kit, or stock up on the commercial "Fleet" type enemas.

Go to www.mgleather.com and search for the term "douche" to see a couple of examples.

-- Minotaur




K'Kathy asks,

Just what does being inside a rectum feel like? I've read it described as 'hot', 'tight', 'smooth', 'velvet', 'gripping', etc. Truth or literary license?

Can you feel muscles clench around your cock if the bottom squeezes? I've read this described as a moving cock ring.

How necessary is douching or an enema to each partner's pleasure? What's the pc term, anyway? Do most bottoms do this before anal intercourse?


Dear K'Kathy,

Mostly true. The inside of a man is all of these, and more. Being inside a guy, looking down at his face as you slide gently in and out of him...his body willing open to you. It's incredible.

Only the outer sphincter. There are muscles inside the rectal canal, for peristalsis, but they aren't strong enough to provide that kind of sensation. If the bottom is experienced and into it, he can squeeze that outer ring muscle to provoke a greater response from the top.

Simply using a condom doesn't eliminate the need for cleanliness. After the act, pulling out a brown stained condom is every bit as unpleasant as without. The aesthetic is to prevent unpleasant smells. It's also important to be clean if you want to get rimmed. Enemas aren't always needed, it depends on how full the bottom is. Some people like the feeling of being emptied out this way and make it a part of their pre-sex preparation ritual. I imagine it must be similar to douching for women. Usually it's referred to as "douching" or an "enema".

-- Minotaur