Teyla Emmagan

Played by: Fandom: Stories:
Rachel Luttrell Stargate: Atlantis The Soldier and the Scientist
Soldier to Soldier
Rogue

Life story:
Teyla Emmagan is one of the first people the Atlantis expedition meet in the Pegasus Galaxy. She is a leader among her people and introduces herself as 'Teyla Emmagan, daughter of Turghan'. It is never actually explained if Turghan is her mother or father, even though Colonel Sumner assumes it is her father.

Shortly after meeting John and the group sent through the gate to look for assistance, Teyla takes John on a tour of the area, including the ruins of the old city. John finds a necklace that Teyla says she lost when she was a child. Unknown to everyone, the necklace is a beacon for the Wraith and John had inadvertently activated it when he touched it.

Sergeant Bates, who doesn't like John or the Athosians, is convinced that Teyla is a spy for the Wraith since they show up everywhere John's team go. It is eventually discovered, at John's instance, that it is the necklace and not Teyla herself.

Almost immediately, John asks Teyla to teach him her fighting style, knowing that to be a good leader he needs to know as much as possible about the people under his protection. Teyla, likewise, begins learning what she can from Rodney and the other scientists.

As time passes it becomes clear that Teyla has developed feelings for one of her childhood friends. She tries to keep the relationship quiet because she knows the members of her team would tease her mercilessly about it. But when she becomes pregnant she has to admit to the relationship.

With her people held captive by a hybrid Human/Wraith named Michael, Teyla and her team do their best to find and rescue them before Teyla gives birth or Michael kills them. The team eventually finds the Athosians and Teyla; just as Teyla goes into labor. Rodney has to deliver the baby while John and Ronon search the hive ship for the Athosians.

Back in Atlantis, Teyla names her son Torren John Emmagan after her father and John Sheppard. Rodney is hurt that the baby wasn't named for him since he delivered him but when Teyla makes him the child's godfather he is appeased somewhat.

It is unknown if Teyla has a Soul Mate or not but John feels that if she does, it'll be Kanaan, the father of her son. Teyla currently has no plans to be Turned.

character list | email me

This site and its contents ©2009. All rights reserved.