Getting Noticed by Keikokin (PG-13)
Major Paul Davis helps Dr. Jackson get noticed.

Categories: Jack/Daniel
Characters:
Genres: First Time
Warnings: Fluff
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1
Word count: 1127 - Hits: 2418
Complete?: Yes - Published: 03/01/06 - Last Updated: 03/01/06

1. one shot by Keikokin



one shot by Keikokin
Getting Noticed
By Kenaf









Daniel looked up through his lashes at Jack from across the conference table. He took in the strong chin, chocolate brown eyes and silver hair that he adored. A sigh escaped his lips. "Daniel, are you okay?" Sam whispered. Daniel nodded. As soon as the meeting ended with Major Davis he bolted and made for his office.

A knock disturbed his hiding. "Doctor Jackson?" Major Paul Davis entered the office with a large smile. "Hey, you ran out of the meeting. Am I that boring?"

Daniel tried to smile. "No Paul. Sorry I just had to get out of there." With a look of sympathy Paul gestured to the chair in front of Daniel's desk. After waiting for the nod Paul sat down. "Look, he's not going to notice you unless you make him notice."

"I don't know what you are talking about," Daniel replied shuffling some papers.

Paul laughed. "Look Daniel. I'd make a play for you myself but I know you are in love with him.”"

Daniel's mouth fell open. "Paul? I-I don't know what to say."

Leaning across the desk Paul said, "Daniel I want you to be happy. As much as it pains me to say this, if he can make you happy I'll help you; on one condition." Daniel looked at Paul with pleading blue eyes that almost broke the Majors heart. He gulped. "Promise me if it doesn't work out that you'll give me a chance at least." Hoping against what he himself thought was a hopeless cause Daniel said, "Maybe we should cut to the chase and date now."

Paul walked around the desk and sat on the edge of it to look Daniel straight in the eye inches away. "You love him Daniel just admit it."

Daniel looked down and bit his lip. "What do I have to do?"

A pain sliced through Paul's chest but he smiled for Daniel's sake. "Follow my lead.”"

They walked together to the commissary for coffee. Seeing a cozy corner table Paul made sure he could see the entrance. "Now when he comes through I'll let you know. This will be hard for you at first but I want you to completely ignore him. Look only at me, laugh and act like we are best buddies." Daniel nodded. "Here he comes. Come on Daniel you can do this."

The blue eyes looked at Paul with pain. Closing his eyes, Daniel pretended it was Jack he was talking with and looked down then laughed loudly. Paul laughed back, patting Daniel on the shoulder. Brown eyes flashed at him and Jack sat so he could see Paul clearly. Paul gave Jack a look that clearly said,' he's mine eat your heart out-you waited too long.' "He's watching Daniel and turning green, smile Doc."

"Really?" Daniel's head jerked up, and he was smiling widely.

"Really, he's fuming and ripping napkins to shreds as we speak." Paul smiled widely for Daniel's sake, as he said this.

"Yes!" Daniel said loudly and threw his arms around Paul. As Paul accepted the hug, he looked over Daniel's shoulders to see Jack was squeezing an innocent carton of orange juice to death.

Whispering in Daniel's ear, "Sorry about this Daniel, pretend it's scalding hot and rip off your shirt." Paul then proceeded to ‘spill' his lukewarm coffee on Daniel's black tee shirt, front and back. "OH Daniel! I am so sorry!" Daniel yelped loudly and ripped off the shirt. Paul jumped up with a handful of napkins and with an excessive amount of touching helped dry Daniel off.
Paul took off his jacket and put it around Daniel's shoulder gently and possessively, but only after Jack got an eyeful of muscular back. "Let's go Daniel, but don't even say a thing." Paul whispered. As they walked together past Jack O'Neill and Samantha Carter, Paul said clearly. "Come on I'll get some ointment from the first aid kit to put on that for you." Paul looked over Daniel's shoulder to see Major Carter trying to keep Jack in his seat and napkin shreds covering the table.

As soon as they got back to Daniel's office Paul almost fell over laughing.

"You didn't have to feel me up at the same time!" Daniel yelled.

Paul winked. "Hey, I'm human Daniel and you have a beautiful body. Been working out with Teal'c again?"

Daniel nodded, grateful that he seemed to be outgrowing his blushing stage.

"Well, let's get the ointment out and put on the next act for when he bursts through here. Carter can only hold him for so long. Then I can go be comforted by her." Daniel's mouth dropped. "You planned this!"

Paul shrugged. "I work in D.C. and I always have a backup plan." Daniel shook his head and Paul ran to the door, putting his ear to it as Daniel got the ointment. "Here he comes! Oh and he's cursing up a storm!" Paul grabbed the ointment and Daniel turned his back as the first handful of ointment was put onto his skin.

"Get away from him Major!" Jack yelled coming into the office.

"Why?" Paul asked as he began to massage the ointment slowly on. Jack grabbed the ointment as Carter appeared in the doorway, gasping as if she'd run.

Jack stood possessively between Paul and Daniel. "Get out," Jack growled and Daniel shivered at the tone.

Major Carter dragged a pouting Paul out of the office as Jack began to roughly massage the cream onto Daniel's back. Turning slowly Daniel looked into Jack's eyes, "Why did you do that Jack? He was only being nice."

Growling again Jack rumbled, "Daniel you are so naïve.” He wanted more than to rub ointment on you! Hell, he probably spilled that coffee on purpose just to get you to take off your shirt!"

"Why would he do that?" Daniel asked softly as Jack began to rub ointment into his shoulders. "Because you are …" Jack began then stopped.

Daniel put a hand over Jack's to still it. "I'm what Jack? Please tell me."

Looking into the sapphire blue eyes Jack knew he was lost. "Beautiful. Gorgeous, ah hell.”" Jack closed the gap between them and kissed Daniel gently. "He can't have you Danny you're mine got that?"

"Does that mean you're mine too Jack?" Brown eyes crinkled at the edges with a smile. "Yes Danny it does, coffee stains and all."
Fin

This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/keikokin/viewstory.php?sid=98.