Crushing Blow by Keikokin (PG)
The gang is off world when Daniel gets caught in a crumbling ruin.

Categories: Jack/Daniel
Characters:
Genres: First Time
Warnings: Fluff
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1
Word count: 2832 - Hits: 2538
Complete?: Yes - Published: 03/01/06 - Last Updated: 03/01/06

1. one-shot by Keikokin



one-shot by Keikokin
Crushing Blow by Kenaf
Stargate SG: 1
**************************

‘Another planet, another ruin, another boring mission,’ Jack O’Neill thought. He looked over at Doctor Daniel Jackson who looked like a five year old in a sandbox whose parents had just given him all the toys he could use in it. ‘Well, at least someone was having fun. ‘ He thought. Looking to his right past the dusty beige crumbling ruin he saw Teal’c standing guard outside with Carter who had a dazed,’ I’m doing base 8 math in my head’ look.

Suddenly the ground heaved and shook. There was lots of noise and everything came crashing down.

“FUCK! DANIEL!” O’Neill yelled as the roof of the temple they had been exploring caved in on the SG-1 team. Jack shook himself off, coughing and doing a mental inventory. Lots of numerous scrapes and cuts but all in all he’d been lucky. He looked up to where Daniel had been and only saw rocks.

“DANIEL!!” O’Neill yelled over the radio. “CARTER! TEAL’C!”

“Sir, Teal’c and I are okay. What about you guys?” Carter asked nervously.

“Go for help. I can’t raise Daniel, he…I think he’s buried alive.” O’Neill had already had begun to dig with his hands

“Oh my god. I’ll be…” Carter began.

“GO!” Jack yelled clawing desperately. He had only recently admitted he loved the archeologist if only to himself, he couldn’t lose him this way.

“Daniel! God damnit Daniel!!” Jack dug and finally found a pair of familiar combat boots.

“Jack?” came a dazed voice through the rubble.

Jack sighed with relief. “God damnit Daniel why didn’t you answer me? Forget that, are you okay?”

“I can’t move Jack!” Daniel sounded panicked. “Hurry Jack. I don’t mind telling you this is scaring the hell out of me!” Daniel sounded totally terrified.

“Easy Daniel. I sent Carter and Teal’c back for help and I’m not leaving you.” Jack gulped taking in their situation. It wasn’t good. He had a small crawlspace of his own and could only make out Daniel’s feet. He began to dig some more with determination.

“Can you see anything Daniel?” Jack asked deciding that keeping Daniel talking was the best thing to do.

“No. I lost my glasses when the roof caved in and I just see beige blurs. The rock and sediment must be right up to me. I can’t move at all. Jack. Oh god. “ Daniel was panicking again.

“Easy Daniel. You and I have been through a lot worse than this,” Jack teased. He managed to work his P-90 free to dig with the butt of the gun. But he didn’t have a lot of maneuvering room himself.

“So Daniel,” Jack was beginning to wonder how much oxygen the archeologist had left. “Why haven’t I heard of you on any dates lately?”

“N-not interested,” came a gasping reply.

“Oh so have your eye on someone special?” Jack wondered whom it could be with half of his mind while the other half thought on. Dig. Dig. Dig.

“Yeah,” Daniel sounded winded. Dig damnit. Dig. Jack tried to sound upbeat even though he was sure Daniel was going to bite it any minute.

“Do tell,” Jack was getting winded himself. He wondered how much oxygen he had and knocked a bit around his own small air hole that was piping a ray of sunlight into his tiny spot. “What color eyes?”

“Big brown eyes,” Daniel sounded sleepy now. Oh not good, so not good. Dig. Dig. Dig.

“Tall, short?” Jack wanted to keep Daniel talking so he knew he was conscious. Maybe it was stupid on his part Daniel should probably try to conserve his oxygen but Jack needed to know this man was alive. Gawd Daniel was his better half in so many ways. Yes, many days he could strangle him but other days it was Daniel’s smile or joke that made him feel alive. Hell, if it wasn’t for Daniel Jackson he would have shot himself many, many years ago.

“Daniel? Tall? Short?” Jack repeated feeling some apprehension at not hearing a reply.

“Tall.” Daniel’s voice sounded far away. “Strong. Sexy.” Jack frowned. Was Daniel interested in one of those Russian women? They were certainly tall and strong. Sexy though?

“Sounds Russian,” Jack said a loud wiping the sweat from his brow, taking a moment to turn his hat around. Before going back to the task at hand. Dig. Dig. Dig.

“Irish,” Daniel giggled. Oxygen deprivation, Jack realized and put his back into freeing Daniel’s body.

“Who?” Jack asked tired of the game now trying to focus on the task as his hands began to hurt.

“Jack,” Daniel whispered.

“Right here Daniel.”

“No, Jack,” Daniel gasped.

“Daniel can you feel me?” Jack shook his head Daniel wasn’t making any sense. He grabbed Daniel’s legs firmly.

“Yeah Jack,” Daniel replied sounding drowsy. “You’re at my feet.”

“Good, now when I can get a firm hold I’m going to pull you toward me, cover yourself the best you can.” Jack said in his best confident voice.

He continued to dig ignoring what it was doing to his hands and concentrating on freeing Daniel. He only hoped that when he tried to wrench Daniel free it didn’t cause him further injuries or worse yet bury him completely. He shook his mind of the thought and tried to think like a robot. Dig. Dig. Dig. Daniel has to live. Dig. Dig. Dig. Daniel wasn’t going to die on his shift. Dig. Dig. Dig. Some rubble fell and Jack covered what little bit of Daniel he’d uncovered, which was about up to his waist.

“Daniel?” he asked hopefully. No answer. Oh god. “DANNY?”

Still no answer, okay no time to waste. Jack grabbed a hold of Daniel’s feet and lower legs and bracing himself best he could he pulled with all of his might. Daniel came out in a cloud of dust and debris and Jack had to shield the archeologist with his own body again as more rubble fell. He instinctively went to find a pulse. Nothing. He swept debris and dirt from Daniel’s face and nose.

“Please Daniel, don’t do this,” he pleaded then began to give CPR best he could in the tight space. Daniel began to cough and splutter, so Jack gave him space. His glasses were indeed gone and he was covered in minor abrasions.

“Space monkey,” Jack smiled into the blue eyes looking up at him.

“Jack,” Daniel’s arms came around Jack’s shoulders and pulled him into a weak hug. Jack wondered idly why he was crying. Or were they both crying?

“It’s okay Danny. I’ve got you. There was no way I was going to let you go.” Jack tried to ignore the fact they were both shaking. “Shh.” He rubbed Daniel’s hair affectionately before he passed out in his arms.

Moments later a familiar voice filled the space. “O’Neill?”

“Teal’c!” Jack looked up and saw the Jaffa’s smiling face in the air hole he’d made.

“Are you both uninjured?”

Jack looked down. “Daniel passed out. But it might be lack of oxygen. Can you get us out?”

“Indeed, stay low,” Teal’c began to dig using his staff weapon. In minutes he had dragged the two men to safety. Teal’c carried Daniel back to the Stargate. Carter, the medical team and what looked to be two SG teams with shovels greeted them on the other side.

“Stand down,” General Hammond called out over their heads. “Welcome back Colonel. How is Doctor Jackson?” He looked with concern as Teal’c lowered the Doctor to a gurney and was immediately given oxygen then hurried off to the infirmary.

“Oxygen deprivation, minor lacerations, might be internal damage I don’t know,” Jack bit his lip.

General Hammond nodded patting him supportively on the shoulder. “Go get checked out son. You don’t look so hot yourself.” Jack looked at his hands in surprise. They were swollen and bleeding profusely. He went a little weak in the knees looking at the hamburger that used to he his hands.

“Whoa there,” the General put his arm around Jack and barked over his head, “delayed shock better get him to the infirmary!” Jack heard it all as if he was underwater. He was dazedly aware of being helped to a bed and Janet’s face swimming into view.

“You have brown eyes,” he said to the doctor.

“Yes Colonel good of you to notice.” Janet shook her head. Jack was definitely going into shock.

“But you’re short.” Jack added. Something was trying desperately to make itself known in the back of his head. It was like a little mosquito buzzing around his head. He tried to swat at it and got yelled at for not lying still.

“Well, I can see why you don’t have an active social calendar,” she snorted at him.

“Are you Irish?” Jack asked.

The Doctor laughed. “No, Colonel I’m not Irish. Wow, are you out of it! You’re going for a little rest now.”

“Danny okay?” Jack turned and saw Daniel being checked out on the bed next to his.

“Colonel, you need to go get some rest now. I’m going to give you a little shot to get you there,” Dr. Frasier commented as she put the needle into the tube running into his arm. He would need to be out cold so she could access the damage to his hands.

“Emerald City?” Jack asked hopefully.

“Yes Colonel the Emerald City.” The room went dark, but not before he turned to see a pair of dazed emotional blue eyes looking at him in gratitude.

qpqpqpqppqpqpqpqqpqpqp

Debriefing was held a week later after both Jack and Daniel had been released from the infirmary. Daniel had bruised ribs, multiple lacerations and a concussion. Jack had suffered serious damage to his hands and even now they were both heavily bandaged. Daniel felt guilty every time he looked at them. They had yet had a chance to talk and Daniel hoped with all of his being that he hadn’t said what he thought he’d said before he blacked out or that Jack hadn’t remembered before he had blacked out.

The doctor had released them both but only on the basis that the team was on stand down with two members out of commission. Daniel bit his lip wondering how Jack would function at home with both of his hands bandaged. So after debriefing he approached the man nervously. “Um, Jack you are welcome to stay at my place.” He gestured toward Jack’s hands. Jack sighed in defeat. He looked at Daniel who seemed very eager to make things up to Jack.

“It’s not your fault Daniel. It was just an accident. Frasier says my hands should be as good as new before long.” Jack tried to smile. He didn’t want to think of how scarred up they would be this time.

“Please Jack it’s the least I can do,” Daniel looked at him over crossed arms. Jack supposed this was Daniel’s firm mode. It was almost laughable. No one could look like Daniel and manage to look fierce at the same time. Jack shrugged. What could it hurt? Better to get Daniel over this and the team back on track.

“Okay but just until these are back in shape,” he gestured with his chin toward his bandaged hands. Daniel sighed in relief then led Jack out to his car. He stopped first at Jack’s so Daniel could pack him a bag. Then they headed toward Daniels. The archeologist put Jack into his own bed, and then made himself a spot on the couch after a short argument in which Daniel used Jack’s knees to win.

“So Jack do you want beer or your pain medication?” Daniel asked as he tried to figure out what they could have for dinner.

“Won’t let me have both, huh? Bully. Okay the second, but just so I can sleep,” Jack snapped. Daniel sighed it was going to be a long night. He made Jack a milkshake and later some soup figuring he could use a straw for the milkshake and by then his meds would kick in so he could pick up the thermos Daniel had put the soup into for him.

In fact Jack was so snappy that Daniel had to leave the room several times to avoid a fight. He was highly tempted to take Jack to his house and let him suffer, but each time he thought it he felt guilty. The only reason Jack was in this condition was because he had saved his life. But maybe Jack would feel more comfortable at home? It was worth a try. Taking his life in his hands he approached the grouchy patient once more. “Jack would you be more comfortable if we did this at your house?”

Jack hung his head. “Maybe but …oh hell Daniel I have to…um…” Daniel cocked his head in question as Jack gestured toward his groin.

His blue eyes lit up with sudden understanding,” OH, you have to go!”

“Yes, Daniel like a racehorse and I don’t think I can…” Jack looked embarrassed. Daniel nodded his head then they got up for the bathroom. On the way they decided if Jack said ‘racehorse’ it would be their codeword. Feeling a bit odd, Daniel undid Jack’s pants and sliding them down with his BDU’s he was rather surprised to see Jack had two problems. He was hard and had to go to the bathroom. Jack gulped and looked away when Daniel raised an eyebrow in question, it was enough of a dampener that Jack was able to go. Daniel didn’t know what to say so for a moment so he let it go much to Jack’s relief.

Daniel sat down at the piano and began to play as he sorted out his thoughts. Either Jack was attracted to him and that’s what gave him the hard on, or he was really kinky or it had been a really long time since he’d had any. Deciding they needed to talk about it he looked up to see Jack was gone. He found him sitting on the edge of the bed. Maybe this should be tabled until morning?

“Are you ready for bed?” Daniel asked tentatively.

Jack nodded then said quietly. “If you can just take my shoes off I can just sleep like this.”

“Don’t be ridiculous I can change you into some sweats if you prefer,” Daniel watched a myriad of emotions cross Jack’s face before he nodded. “You really hate this don’t you?”

“Ya think?” Jack snapped.

“Jack, it’s me you know I’d never hurt you on purpose,” Daniel said softly helping Jack out of his shoes first. Then he took off Jack’s over shirt, and started to take off his pants. “This is hard for me too. Do you remember what I said to you on the planet?”

Frowning Jack tried to think what Daniel had said,” You mean about the new girl you’re dating?”

“You asked who I liked and I answered,” Daniel replied pulling the pants off Jack before turning to grab a pair of sweatpants.

“No you didn’t you said she had brown eyes and was Irish, then called out my name…” Jack stopped putting it together, tall, Irish and had brown eyes. Daniel had told him whom he liked and it was HIM. Daniel as further proof took off his own pants leaving him in a t-shirt and boxers. As they stood erection to erection a large smile crossed Daniel and Jack’s faces.

“Why Dr. Jackson you never cease to amaze me.” Jack beamed.

“Is that a P-90 in your shorts or are you happy to see me?” Daniel retorted.

“I can’t believe this is finally happening and I can’t touch you,” Jack pouted.

“Then I get to be in charge of things for a little while,” Daniel smirked. “Prepare to be catalogued, studied and de-briefed.”

“Are you comparing me to an old relic?” Jack looked a bit unhappy as Daniel helped settle him on the bed.

“More like a priceless artifact that needs to be loved and cherished for a very, very long time “ no one night stand here Jack. Oh and by the way I should warn you a doctorate in linguistics and speaking over 23 languages means I have a very, very nimble tongue.”

Jack was speechless with anticipation and overwhelming happiness.

This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/keikokin/viewstory.php?sid=93.