Reasons to Love by Keikokin (PG-13)
Lex’s perseverance pays off.

Categories: Clark/Lex
Characters:
Genres: Established Relationship
Warnings: Fluff
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1
Word count: 438 - Hits: 2069
Complete?: Yes - Published: 02/01/07 - Last Updated: 02/01/07

1. one shot ficlet by Keikokin



one shot ficlet by Keikokin
Disclaimer: This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by DC Comics, the WB and CW. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended. Nor is any maliciousness intended toward the wonderful actors and actresses who portray the characters on TV, past or present.
Warning: Unbound



Lex Luthor stepped on the snow covered step and glared at his car. He’d meant to arrive well before midnight but the Ferrari danced all over the roads and Lex saw his pathetic life flash before his eyes several times on the way from Metropolis. Knocking on the door, he was greeted by Martha Kent firmly ensconced in her husband’s arms.

“Happy New Year,” they greeted cheerfully. Jonathan looked over Lex’s shoulder. “Ever think of getting one of those fancy Hummers?”

“I’ve had the thought many times on the way here. How mad is he?” Lex asked tentatively.

“You can make it up to me,” Clark said from his parents, slowly edging his way forward. “Come in Lex.”

Jonathan winked knowingly at his wife. “I think it’s time to retire for the night. Don’t stay up too late Clark. The cows don’t feed themselves. Goodnight Lex.”

Lex waved at the couple, grateful now for all the time he’d spend seriously brown-nosing. After two years it had finally paid off in spades and he’d gotten permission to date Clark. Not an easy feat by any means.

“Hi,” Clark closed the door behind Lex and pulled his snow covered lover into his arms, leaning his forehead against the slightly shorter man. “I was worried about you.”

“It was well deserved, believe me,” Lex sighed. “I should have taken you up on the express trip.”

Clark grinned as he recalled trying to talk Lex into it, but his lover insisted that Clark be more careful, earning even more respect from the Kent’s in the process. “I’m sure its turning midnight somewhere in the world right now.”

“I’m wet,” Lex grumbled trying to shrug out of both Clark’s arms and his snow covered coat.

“I don’t care.” Clark announced pulling Lex in for a hungry kiss.

“You are incorrigible,” Lex smirked when Lex pulled away.

“Yes, but you love me anyway.” Clark grinned helping Lex out of his wet coat and pulling him over to the couch that was covered in a nest of inviting blankets in front of a roaring fire.

Lex looked over the scene then back at Clark. “More every year.”

This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/keikokin/viewstory.php?sid=858.