Model for Persuasion by Keikokin (PG)
It's career day at Smallville High. Clark isn't really interested until Lex gives him a reason to be that will change his life forever.

Categories: Clark/Lex
Characters:
Genres: First Time
Warnings: Adult Language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1
Word count: 5194 - Hits: 2220
Complete?: Yes - Published: 12/09/06 - Last Updated: 12/09/06

1. one shot by Keikokin



one shot by Keikokin
Beta: svmaria
Warnings: homophobia
Authors note: I'm not really sure I like this one, but it's done. So I suppose I have an obligation to put it out. But it's kind of like lost Led Zep tracks, if you know what I mean. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"What's going on?" Clark asked, looking over the crowd in the lobby of Smallville High and adjusting his backpack.

Pete looked back at him. "Hey Clark, there's modeling recruiters here. They're talent scouts!"

Clark bit his lip. Pete seemed very excited but Clark could hear his parent's voices in his head telling him to stay out of the limelight. Clark edged carefully around the crowd to his locker, trying not to be noticed. It was something he was good at. Hell, there was nothing like wearing flannel to make you invisible at high school; that is unless you wanted to be shunned. But once again that worked in regards to staying invisible. Clark sighed and tossed his book bag into his locker and grabbed what he needed for the day.

He headed to his first class trying to ignore the excitement in the air. Girls ran by him pointing at brochures talking about becoming models.

"Attention all senior year students, there will be an assembly after homeroom. All morning classes will be cancelled for today. The focus of the assembly will be the world of professional modeling." Clark groaned and headed back to his locker. It was going to be a long day.

Clark slumped down in the seat after the modeling agency gave its recruitment speech. They were looking for the new faces that would launch 1,000 products. Sexy, confident, alluring were only some of the adjectives used. Clark felt awkward and out of place. He didn't want to be picked because his parents would never allow it. Yet everyone else wanted to be picked. Wasn't he supposed to try to fit in? Wouldn't it be weirder if he wasn't interested?

Applications were handed out to the entire student population to fill out. The papers were to be passed forward and Clark realized there was no way out. So he filled out the application and passed it forward. Once this was done several professional models and ones new to the life were brought out to answer questions. After the question and answer session they talked a bit about themselves. The auditorium fairly thrummed with excitement.

When the assembly ended for lunch, Clark had never been more relieved. But it was not over yet. The lunch room was buzzing with people's reactions. Chloe was the only one who seemed to care less. She simply rolled her eyes when Pete and Lana asked her why she wasn't excited.

"Oh, please. I want a real career. Someday I'm going to be a top reporter. And I'll be able to eat what I want and still have a job when I'm ugly and old. Show me a model who can say that and I'll be excited." Clark smiled; glad to hear someone wasn't interested.

Lana laughed. "I think it would be great to be a model!"

"Yeah, me too!" Pete joined in, "And just imagine all the beautiful women you get to meet!"

Clark laughed. "Well, here's your chance. One of those recruiters is headed our way. I'll see you later," and with that Clark quickly got up and left the room. Taking what was left of his lunch, he went outside to eat. Finding a bench he sat down to eat, wary of any recruiters that might head his way. But he managed to eat in peace and spent the rest of the day ducking from classroom to classroom, making sure not to be noticed.

He breathed a sigh of relief when the last bell of the day rang. Unable to bear hearing anything more about it, he cut across the corn fields and ran home. He quickly did his chores, had a snack and asked to go to Lex's. It was sure to be a sanctuary of calm compared to the day he'd had. Knowing he was upset by the modeling agency at school and commending him on his ability to stay away from them, Martha agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Clark arrived he found Lex in his entertainment room, laughing with a man he didn't recognize. "Clark!"

"Is this a bad time? I could –" Clark began feeling instantly stupid for not calling first.

"Don't you dare," the other man stood and as Lex smiled, began to circle Clark like a hawk.

"Clark, I'd like you to meet Rex Sandler. He owns the modeling agency that was at your school today." Lex looked very proud of himself. "We were just talking about you."

"Yes, Lex told me what an exceptionally handsome young man you are but he didn't do you justice." Rex shook his head then looked back at Lex. "His cheekbones and lips, the girls will fall over themselves to buy a magazine with him on the cover!"

Clark blushed. "Don't be silly. I'm just a farmer from Kansas. No one would be interested in me."

"I told you he was shy," Lex chuckled. "You saw how photogenic he is."

"You have pictures of me?" Clark asked in surprise.

Lex nodded as Rex grabbed his chin turning it one way and then the other. "Fantastic. Not a single blemish and your eyes are beautiful." He stepped back. "But these clothes have to go."

"Clark, could you please go put these on?" Lex looked at Clark while handing him a garment bag. Seeing Clark was about to argue, he turned to Rex. "Could you give us a minute?"

Rex nodded, looking very pleased. Lex grabbed Clark by the arm and dragged him from the room, up the hall to the stairs, then up to his bedroom, closing the door behind them. "Clark, before you even start, your mother needs the money. You know it and I know it. If she's worried, I can act as your manager and be there every step of the way. Or don't you trust me anymore?"

Clark bit his lip. Yes, he and Lex had a lot of problems recently. But Lex had done his best to put it all behind them. They had both lost their fathers and in some ways it had eased a lot of the tensions between them. "I trust you, Lex it's just that you don't have to do this favor for us. I appreciate what you are trying to do with all that flattery downstairs but I'm not the modeling type, you know it and I know it."

Lex grabbed his arm again and pulled him into a dressing area. He turned on the light and Clark could suddenly see himself in several mirrors. "You're beautiful, Clark. And beauty like that should be shared with the world. You are incredible."

Reaching around from behind him, Lex began to unbutton Clark's flannel shirt.

"Lex! What are you doing?" Clark gasped, too stunned to move.

"Helping you to see what I do," Lex laughed. "Relax, Clark, I won't bite."

Clark shivered but tried to relax into Lex's arms. Lex took of his shirt, slipping it off his arms. "Open your eyes, Clark."

Nervously, Clark opened his eyes and instantly blushed. Lex's hands swept over his chest, his stomach and his nipples. Clark gasped and arched into the sensation. "Beautiful. I want you, Clark. And the whole world will want you once they see you."

Clark looked in the mirror once more, surprised at the wanton figure looking back at him with half closed eyes. "I look so different."

"What do other's models have that you don't, Clark?" Lex grinned looking over his shoulder. Clark looked on in confusion. "A billionaire manager that could make your dreams come true Clark. You could skyrocket to the top if only you let it happen."

"You've never touched me like this, Lex." Clark whispered watching Lex's hands glide over his chest. "Do you really want me?"

Lex pressed into Clarks' backside making his erection known. "Yes, I do. Does that bother you, Clark?"

Clark blushed but smiled. "No, I, um…"

Lex smirked and ran his hand over Clark's button fly. "Have you wanked off to me, Clark? Do you dream of me sucking your cock and fucking you?"

"Oh god," Clark arched into Lex's fingers, "Lex, please."

"I'll make you a deal, Clark. If you agree to give modeling a try, I'll agree to be your lover only. I won't go near anyone else and only you'll warm my bed from now on." Lex traced the bulge of Clark's erection through his jeans while his other hand circled a nipple.

"That's blackmail," Clark half-gasped and half-moaned.

"I'm a Luthor." Lex smiled.

"And if I don't?" Clark asked arching into a nipple twist.

"Then you go home and watch your mother worry over bills. And you can go back to wanking off to dreams of me." Lex shrugged. "Even for my own pleasure I don't do something for nothing, Clark. And I'd like to think exclusive placement in my bed earns me at least this favor in return."

"But I've never –"

"Never slept with a man?" Lex nodded. "I know. And I've never been in love with a man, so we're even."

"You love me?" Clark smiled happily.

"My father always said my emotions were my weakness. Well Clark, what will it be?" Lex reached back and held out the garment.

With a shaky arm, but a smile on his face, Clark took the garment back. Lex kissed the side of his neck and left the room, closing the door behind him.


Ten minutes later Clark came downstairs, blushing brightly as he walked into the office where Lex and Rex were. Clark had on a slim leather collar, a see-through black mesh shirt and a pair of form fitting black leather pants, which could have been painted on.

Rex jumped to his feet. "Incredible! Look at the body you've been hiding!"

Lex gave him a smile of approval. Clark blushed further. Out of nowhere, Rex produced a camera and started to take shots. He moved Clark this way and that, trying to make use of the limited sunlight in the castle. Before Clark knew it, Lex and Rex were haggling over studio times and fees. Clark thought he'd die of embarrassment before Rex left. But finally the older man left and Lex grabbed him around the waist and led him to the sofa. "You did great, Clark."

"Really?" Clark looked up shyly through his lashes. It was too much for Lex, who leaned over to kiss him. Clark sighed happily wrapping his arms around Lex's waist. When they stopped, Clark almost pouted then sighed unhappily. "My mother will throw a fit."

"Don’t worry. I'll talk to her and make her understand that I forced you into it… evil Luthor that I am." Lex cradled Clark's cheek. "Now, unless you want me to take you right now, you better get changed."

Clark blushed again and took off for upstairs to change. Lex put on his sunglasses when he returned. "Come on; let's go talk to your mother.” He grabbed a briefcase and followed Clark outside. Clark sat down in the late model Ferrari and tried not to be overly nervous. His mind was racing between the idea of actually being a model and what Lex had done to him. No one had ever touched him like that and he wanted more.

He looked over at Lex, who smiled at him knowingly. "Once she agrees Clark, you and I can spend a lot more time together." Clark felt himself blush and Lex chuckled. "I suppose I should enjoy that while I can, once you become famous you won't be blushing anymore."

Pulling up to the farm, they noticed Martha working out in the garden. Clark went to her immediately to offer his help while Lex followed at a more sedate pace. "Mrs. Kent, I wonder if I could speak to you inside?" Lex asked in his business voice.

Martha looked at him oddly, but agreed pointing out to Clark what still needed to be weeded and led Lex into the house. She served them some molasses tea then sat down at the table herself. Lex sat across from her. "Did Clark tell you about the assembly he had in school today?"

"Yes," Martha's face went tight.

"When Clark came over to visit he ran into a friend of mine who happens to own the agency that was at Smallville High. He immediately saw Clark's potential." All the color drained from Martha's face. "Now, please Mrs. Kent, before you run me off the property, let me just point out a few things. I have the means to be able to oversee all of Clark's photo shoots. Clark's income would also be enough to save the farm and secure his future. I can make sure his contracts are dependent upon Clark having a regular college life. His shoots would have to be scheduled for weekends, breaks or holidays."

He reached over to open his briefcase and pull out the tentative contract for Clark. He outlined all of it for Martha. He also showed her a shoot schedule and how an average day would go. Clark came in as they were looking over the sample schedule. Lex was asked to sit on the porch while Clark and Martha talked.

Clark was starting to understand why everyone in school was so excited. Martha was very understanding about his excitement, but was wary of his ability to keep his powers secret in such a setting, "And what about a social life, Clark?"

"Mom, any job I got could affect that." Martha sighed. Clark wondered if it was safe to tell her about Lex and him yet, but since he wasn't sure what to say about it, he decided it was best not to mention it… for now.

"What happens if you start this and you don't like it?" Martha asked looking at Clark with concern. "I don't want you to be stuck in some contract."

"I'd have to ask Lex about that," Clark got up and went outside to the porch to talk to Lex, leaving Martha to look over the contracts. Her eyes drifted up to the picture of Jonathan on the mantle, wishing he was there to help make this decision. She smiled imagining his reaction then shook her head looking over to the desk she used for bills. It was covered. If she didn't do something soon they would lose the farm that had been in the Kent family for generations. She closed her eyes and prayed for guidance.

Clark and Lex walked back inside. Sitting down with a smile, Clark watched Lex point out the part in the contract that gave both the modeling agency and Clark an open ended ability to walk away with very little notice at all. Martha nodded. "Okay you can give it a try, BUT if your school work suffers I'm pulling the plug on this, do you boys understand?"

Lex and Clark both nodded with smiles on their faces. Clark gave Lex a hug. Lex pulled back still smiling. "I'll call Rex; get some sleep tonight, Clark. I suspect Rex will want to start working with you this weekend." Clark was fairly bouncing as he walked Lex out to his car. As he opened the door, Lex whispered. "I'm looking forward to spending more time you too, Clark. And I meant what I said, I'll watch out for you."

"Thanks, Lex."

Lex nodded, got in the car and drove away. Clark went inside to work on his homework and try to act as if nothing happened, knowing how lucky he was that his mother had agreed. It was easy to see how good Lex had to be as a businessman if he could change his mother's mind.


"WHAT!?" Pete roared furiously. "I thought you didn't even want to become a model!"

Clark shrugged, unable to wipe the smile off his face. "I didn't really, but Lex –"

"Oh sure, Lex Luthor! I should have known!" Pete spat. "Of course, your new best friend can talk you into anything, can't he? Don't you see he's using you, Clark? Just like he used –"

"Pete, god, so help me, don't bring your cream corn factory into this again. That was a deal with Lionel, not Lex, and grown men. Neither Lex nor I had anything to do with it. And they both got paid for that plant!"

The sounds of clapping made them turn in their seats. Chloe had just set a lunch tray down on the table next to them. "Thank you, Clark. I am so sick of hearing about that. He's right, Pete, let it go. Thanks to the Luthor's your brothers all got to go to college and you will too."

"Figures, he's going to turn you all against me," Pete scowled, picked up his tray and walked off to go sit with some football players instead.

"Whoa, what's with him?" Lana's tray clattered to the table before she pulled out a chair. Sitting down she grimaced at the food. "Eww, is that meatloaf?"

"Put some ketchup on it and it all tastes the same," Clark smiled handing over the bottle. "Pete's upset because Lex talked me into modeling and he’s going to be my manager."

Lana's eyes about rolled out of her head. "Really? Wow, that's great! I'd like to try, but I'm too busy with the Talon."

"Well," Chloe began pushing the food around her tray and opting for her yogurt instead, "I think you're going to have a tough sell with Pete. He really thought he was going to be the next GQ model."

"He's too short," Lana shook her head. "But you are going to try to talk to him, right Clark?"

"I don't know what to say to him. All he sees is the evil that are all Luthors!" Clark sat back drinking down another carton of milk, looking peeved.

"Well, you better go after him," Lana pointed with her fork. Pete was leaving the cafeteria. Clark nodded, said his goodbyes and putting away his tray went to talk to Pete.

Chloe giggled watching him go. "What?" Lana asked curiously.

"You realize this means Lex will get to spend more time with Clark, don't you?" Chloe grinned.

"So?" Lana grabbed the ketchup bottle in desperation to cover her lunch.

"Oh, come on, you never noticed the eye fucks Lex gives him?" Chloe smirked.

"CHLOE!" Lana looked around hoping no one heard Chloe. She looked back at her, only to be met by her most serious gaze, "You don't think that Lex is going to go after Clark, do you?" Chloe nodded knowingly. Lana was speechless for the rest of the lunch period.



Clark was up in the loft doing homework after dinner and chores when he heard the familiar sound of Lana's horse clip-clopping up the drive. Putting aside his homework, Clark leaned out the loft opening, "Hey, Lana."

"Hi, Clark, mind if I come up for a visit?"

"Sure, I was just finishing up my homework anyway," Clark waved her up and in a blur of speed quickly tidied up before she arrived.

"Are you sure you don’t mind me stopping by?" Lana asked as she reached the top step, nervously tucking her hair behind her ear.

"No, of course not," Clark gestured to the couch and pulled up a chair. Lana frowned at the distance and looked down at the floor. "Lana, is there something bothering you?"

Lana blushed. "Well, it's none of my business really, but Chloe has this idea in her head that… um… well, that…"

"Lana?" Clark moved over to the couch. "It's okay, you can tell me anything."

Sighing Lana smiled. "I know. It's just that this is so weird." She rolled her eyes. "But it makes so much sense." She got up and crossed over to the open loft window.

"What makes so much sense?" Clark asked coming to stand next to her at the window.

"Well, Chloe thinks that Lex likes you." Lana giggled nervously. "And that you like him too." Before Clark could answer he heard the sound of Lex's car purring up the road about a mile away. A large smile crossed his face. "Oh, wow, she's right, isn't she?"

"Hmm? What?" Clark tried to refocus on what Lana was saying and not letting his mind stray to the possibilities that a visit from Lex now offered.

"Are you in love with him, Clark?" Lana asked curiously. "I mean, you don’t have to tell me."

Clark turned back to her. "This bothers you, doesn't it?"

Lana put her hands in her pocket and walked around the loft, looking at things. "It's just, well, you know, I guess everyone always thought that you and I would …"

"Did you think we'd get together? The timing just never seemed right Lana. There was you and Whitney, then you and Jason and I was starting to think that you liked Lex too. But it was never about me, was it?"

Shaking her head, Lana looked down at the floor boards. "You're right, of course. And yes, I did like Lex for awhile, but we didn't really work out. But I never once thought that you and Lex …"

Lex pulled up outside as if on cue. Clark waved to him and noticed Lex's frown as he passed the tell-tale paint mare tied up at the barn, happily munching on some tall grass. "I never did either, Lana. Well, I had hoped but, it just sort of happened. I still don't see why this bothers you. You never really wanted to date me and everyone else came first. Is it so wrong that I want to move on?"

Lana looked shocked. "No, Clark that isn't what I meant at all." Clark walked toward her.

Lex knocked on the railing. "Am I interrupting something?"

"Oh, uh, hi Lex," Lana stammered.

"Hey," Clark looked at him a bit helplessly and a bit angry too. It was just starting to settle in his mind how much Lana had taken his feelings for granted, that he would always be there as a backup plan for her future.

Lex crossed over to Clark in two easy strides and slipped a possessive arm around his back. "Do you mind, Lana? Clark and I have a lot to talk about, business and such. I'm sure you understand."

Lana's lips disappeared and she turned her pink dusted eyelids hopefully toward Clark. "Are we done, Clark?"

Clark took a deep breath. "Don't worry, Lana, I'll find time for my friends."

Lana hung her head, nodding sadly, re-tucking her hair behind her ears as it fell forward. "I guess I'll see you at school on Monday then."

"Bye Lana," Lex added with a wave. Clark moved away from Lex and walked over to the window once more. He watched her mount her horse and trot down the lane. "Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah, I just never really understood how she saw me in her life until now. I was just someone she could fall back on. She would never love me but she knew I'd be there. And I spent all those years waiting and hoping." Clark shook his head. "I feel so stupid."

Lex pulled Clark into his arms. "I know I sort of forced you into my life, but only because I thought that being exclusive to one another would work out best for both of us. It wasn't all about what I wanted because I was in love with you."

They turned at the sound of a tray hitting the floor. Cookies rolled all over the floor. Martha Kent had one hand on the rail holding herself up by sheer willpower and the other covering her heart. "Jonathan was right all along about you. Clark, get away from him!"

"Mom, Lex hasn't even kissed me or anything! And in case you forget, I can take care of myself. Dad wasn't right about Lex at all. He loves me and wants to help take care of me by giving me a real future!"

"No Clark, he's brainwashed you. He just wants to get …to have his way with you!" Martha picked up a broom and brandished it wildly. "Get away from my son, you… you pervert!"

"MOM! Stop it! If Lex is a pervert than I am too! Please mom, just calm down!" Clark stood protectively between his mom and Lex. She took a wild swing at Lex and Clark put up an arm and didn't even blink when it broke in two. Lex gasped from behind him but Clark ignored it.

"I think I better go," Lex said in a soft voice from behind Clark.

"And you stay away from my son!" Martha ranted.

"No mom, I'm not going to stay away from Lex. I'm of age and if I want to have a relationship with him I can. Besides, I also signed those contracts and I want to do this. You agreed!"

"That was before I knew that he was forcing you into a relationship!" Martha screamed.

"Mom, it wasn't like that." Clark rolled his eyes. "He knew I wanted him and he agreed to be exclusive to each other if I gave modeling a try. It was his heart on the line. He told me he was in love with me. Can't you see I'm happy about it? Don't you think I was sick of chasing after some dream that you and dad had of who I was supposed to be? Just once I'm trying to be who I want to be and be with whom I want to be. If you can't be happy with that then I'm out of here!"

Lex gasped.

"CLARK, NO!" Martha yelled. Clark grabbed Lex by the arm roughly and using the other arm to grab his book bag, began to lead him from the barn.

"Clark, are you sure you want to do this?" Lex asked quietly hoping he could be heard over Martha's howls of protest.

Nodding, Clark turned to look at his mother. "Let me know when you can see beyond your prejudices. I'll still come back to take care of chores, because it's what Dad would have wanted. But I can't live here anymore if you can't live with the fact I'm growing up."

"Clark, please don't do this. If you want to live with me, that's fine but you shouldn't leave things like this between you and your mother. What if something happens? You'll never forgive yourself, believe me… I know." Lex looked at him seriously.

Turning his attention away from Lex and back to his mother, Clark said very calmly. "Did you hear that mom? If he was a horrible man, wouldn't he be concerned about his own agenda right now? No. He's concerned about me and you… us. That's the kind of man Lex is. I wish you could see that. But when you do, you'll know where to find me."

Clark hopped into Lex's car and Lex stood awkwardly at the door. Martha was crying with her hands cupped over her mouth muttering over and over. "My baby can't be gay, he can't be!" Lex shook his head, got in the car and drove back to the castle.

Neither man said a word on the way, but Lex held Clark's hand tightly to let him know he was not alone. Clark remained silent long after they'd both sat down in front of the fireplace in the office. "Clark, are you okay?"

"You didn't ask about how I broke that broom." Clark commented seemingly out of nowhere. Clearly he didn't want to discuss his mother.

"No, I didn't and I won't press the issue either." Lex knew if he did Clark would only lie to him.

"I told you once but then the treatments you received in Belle Reve took it away from you. I'm not exactly from around here, Lex."

"I know." Clark looked up at him curiously. "I managed to get a hold of some of Virgil Swanson's research. What can I say? I'm a curious bastard!"

"How long have you known?" Clark asked in surprise.

"Not long and I was surprised to see your abilities in action." Lex sat down and took one of Clark's hands in his own. "I'm not going to hurt you Clark, I hope you know that." Clark nodded then leaned into Lex's shoulder. Lex's arm came around and held him there. "What do you want to do now?"

"Lex, I think I just want to get my GED and become a full-time model and be with you. Is that too much to ask?" Clark looked hurt.

"I'm just worried that you'll regret it, Clark. What about your friends and your mother?" Lex reminded him.

"I've seen lately exactly how jealous and manipulative my 'friends' are. And the way my mom reacted, I don't think she'll forgive me being a model and in a gay relationship with you. Her father is loaded. She can sell the farm and move back with him. Now that Dad's gone, he'll take her back."

"You've given this a lot of thought, haven't you?" Lex asked in surprise.

"People think I'm stupid because I'm quiet, but I'm usually thinking about different things and scenarios. With my abilities, I can't afford to be single minded." Clark smiled at Lex. "You taught me that. To always think and plan a few moves ahead of everyone else to stay on top."

"I'm impressed, Mr. Kent." Lex kissed Clark gently, moved beyond words that Clark had taken so much of what he'd said to heart.

"What do you say, Lex? Are you ready to take a chance on me?" Clark asked between kisses.

"Yes Clark." Lex muttered happily, "Anything for you."

The end

This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/keikokin/viewstory.php?sid=824.