Magical Profiler by Keikokin (PG)
Harry discovers a new power while under the care of the Malfoys. Written for Les. The profiler idea comes from Nefernat. Snupin. Background Character Death.

Categories: Harry/Lucius
Characters: None
Genres: First Time
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1
Word count: 7126 - Hits: 5211
Complete?: Yes - Published: 27/08/06 - Last Updated: 27/08/06

1. one shot by Keikokin



one shot by Keikokin


The Order of the Phoenix stood solemnly. Headmistress Minerva McGonagall had been waiting for the news, knowing Voldemort would strike soon with Dumbledore gone. The Order had taken the expected news with resolution written across their faces. But it was Harry Potter, for whom she was most concerned. He was so young to be facing such a rival. As the Order filed out of the room to make ready for the battle, she locked the door behind them.

Instantly there was a rustle of fabric as Lucius Malfoy removed the Invisibility Cloak. "You look worried."

"OH Lucius, Harry is too young for this. Albus knew it as do I." She slumped into her chair, facing the spy.

"Nevertheless it is his destiny. I only wish Draco had been so courageous." Lucius sighed, wondering if he'd finally get to see his son who'd gone underground with the attack of Malfoy Manor and subsequent death of Draco's mother. He owed Minerva two life debts for saving not only his life but also his son’s. But she hadn't been in time to save Narcissa. Lucius had paid one debt by joining the Order of the Phoenix and becoming a spy for the Light. He suspected he was about to pay the other.

"Lucius, it is unlikely that I will survive the war. I'm too old for such things. Of course I'll make them work for it," she said with a gleam in her eye. "Us Scots don't go down easily!"

He nodded in understanding, rather than insult her intelligence with platitudes.

"As such, I must ask you to watch over Harry on the battlefield. I'll consider our debt between us to then be paid in full." She took out a pen and paper and began to write. "I'm also writing this letter for the Ministry of Magic and anyone else it may concern, so that they may be aware of the great deeds you have performed for our side…regardless of the life debts." As she finished she handed him the document, which he immediately tucked into the Invisibility Cloak.

"Potter does not care for me. He may not want my protection," Lucius stated simply.

"Pish-posh." Minerva waved a hand in dismissal. "He's as stubborn as they come, you should get along famously. In time he'll come to understand you as I have."

"Hmm." Lucius started to cover himself in the cloak once more.

"Lucius, please be careful out there. If I do survive, I'd like to celebrate with some fine scotch." Minerva's eyes twinkled but her face was sad.

"As do I."

It was not to be.


The "Battle for Everything" as it came to be known, took place at the first signs of dawn. Screams soon rent the air, as blood stained the ground red. Soon the dead, dying and petrified, lay upon the ground.

Lucius fought his way through the haze, stunning those on the side of the Light while killing the Death Eaters. Even now he could not risk being found out. The mental struggle and physical wear was taking its toll. His emotions came to the forefront as he watched Minerva fall to the ground, a circle of dead Death Eaters around her. She had left this life as she'd come in, fighting all the way.

Remembering his vow to her, he scanned the grounds for Harry Potter, only to see him fall at the same time Voldemort did. He ran quickly over only to find Voldemort was finally dead, while Harry was twitching with pain. Looking around, he saw it was still not safe. He had no choice but to scoop the young man up in his arms and Apparate them both to safety, seen only by a certain werewolf.



The BATTLE FOR EVERYTHING is over!

Hogsmeade, UK
By Daily Prophet reporter Ted Andrews

Well, it's true folks. He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named is dead! His body was set afire by none other than Severus Snape, spy for the Light. The ashes were then taken to the four corners of the world, just to be safe. But assorted members of the Order of the Phoenix, secret society created to save our world, assured this reporter there is no longer a danger.

However, rumors of Death Eater activity are still abound. Although many were killed on the battlefield, many more still remain unaccounted for at this time. Professor Snape, named emergency Headmaster for Hogwarts with the passing of the beloved Headmistress McGonagall (See story page 2), insists they will all be made to pay for what he reports to be "unmentionable acts of atrocity".

Further reports state that none other than Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived, was the one to kill the Dark Lord. Harry Potter, at this time, is among the missing. We can only pray he was not taken by a Death Eater. (See story page 4) His long time friend Remus Lupin, another ferocious fighter on the field of battle, and the Weasley family are offering a small reward for any information that leads to his recovery.

Adding to the confusing aftermath (See story page 3) are several reports that Lucius Malfoy, former right hand man to He-Who's-Finally-Dead, stunned members of the Order of the Phoenix while killing Death Eaters. His son, Draco Malfoy, has sent a copy of a letter from none other than the late Headmistress, stating his father was a spy for the Light. Verification of this letter is underway as is the search for Harry Potter, the Man-Who-Won.

If you have any information in regards to the whereabouts of either of these two heroes, please contact Headmaster Snape immediately.


Remus sat nervously next to his lover as they opened up post after post in hopes of some word.

"If you don't settle down, I'll give you a calming draught," Severus said, calmly opening up the next letter.

"You may have to if we don't hear something soon. If only Draco would come forth with their whereabouts."

"My godson is far too smart to let his safety be compromised. More than likely Lucius and Potter are with him, as I've stated to you previously."

"It's been days!" Remus moaned in frustration.

Severus nodded and pulled Remus into a hug to comfort him.


"Father, I think he's coming around," Draco whispered, noticing the rapid eye movement of their guest, in their secret hideaway in Spain.

Lucius nodded and sat beside Harry on the oversized bed. "Potter. You're safe; it's time to wake up."

Harry winced with pain against the meager amount of sunlight in the room as he fought his way back to consciousness. Draco closed the blinds then returned to the bed, curious to see how Potter would react to their combined presence. As expected when Harry saw whom he was with he jumped, sitting up immediately and, after grabbling for his glasses and with practiced ease putting them on his face, cast his eyes about for his wand.

"What do you want with me!?" He yelled.

Draco folded his arms over his chest, "Absolutely nothing, lamebrain."

"You are not helping. Go get one of the house elves," Lucius growled. Harry watched warily as Draco left the room unhappily and then turned cautiously toward Lucius.

"Answer the question."

"I rescued you from the field of battle. Minerva made me promise to watch over you as a fulfillment to a life debt. She wrote this." He handed the note from Minerva to Potter and watched as the young man scanned the letter quickly before setting it down.

"Is she okay?"

"No. I regret to inform you she fell on the field but not before taking out several Death Eaters," Lucius informed him. Harry bit his lip to hold back the tears. Draco arrived with a house elf. "Come Draco, Mr. Potter needs to rest." Lucius stood and Draco followed him back out of the room, leaving the house elf to try to comfort the young man who fell apart as soon as the door closed.


Draco watched his father drink down a tumbler of scotch before he asked. "What do we do with him now?"

"It would behoove us to get on his good side Draco. He may serve to save us from going to Azkaban." Lucius chided his son.

Draco paled. "I'll do my best father."

Lucius held his son, ignoring his own fears. "I know you will."


Harry conversed quietly with the elf, Ducky, to try to find out the true nature of his situation. To his surprise, he found out that the Malfoy's had cared and nursed him back to health after he'd gotten hit with a particularly nasty Dark hex. Lucius in particular had spent each night at his bedside, taking Pepper Up potion to keep an eye on him as he thrashed about from nightmares.

It was a startling revelation. On top of that, Ducky was able to confirm that Lucius had acted as a spy for months leading up to the battle. Harry nodded off with much on his mind.


When Harry woke again it was to see Lucius staring out the window. "How long have you been here?"

"I’m quite sure Ducky told you I've been here every night, all night. Nothing has changed in that." He turned and approached the bed. "The real question is shall we remain enemies or become true allies or perhaps friends?"

Harry sat up in the bed, not wishing to appear weak any longer than necessary. "I hadn't gotten that far to be truthful."

Lucius raised an eyebrow. "Exactly how far have you gotten?" To his amazement Harry blushed. "Ah youth, that isn't what I meant. What conclusions have you arrived at?"

Harry looked down at his hands fighting the blush that Lucius' question had brought. He hadn't given any thought to his attraction to the evil man for years and thought it long gone, but evidence was proving otherwise. "Oh, well I suppose if you wanted to kill me you would have by now. Since you are rich you wouldn't hold me for ransom. I've never known a house elf to lie either, unlike certain wizards I could mention."

Lucius nodded and sat down in a chair beside the bed with a graceful ease. "True I have been a bastard in the past, but it was necessary for my survival."

"It was necessary to hurt my friends and to try to kill me?" Harry bit out bitterly.

"Actually yes, but I can see it is time to leave. I'll send Draco in with your meal." Lucius left the room leaving Harry alone with his unresolved anger.

Draco entered soon after with Ducky following him with a tray of food. Harry almost drooled as the smell of Shepard's pie hit him. Draco waved a hand and the elf disappeared. He lowered himself to the same chair his father had just vacated. "Well, this is strange."

"No kidding," Harry poked warily at his food before digging in with approval. "Of all people to be stuck with, it has to be you two."

"It's no pleasure trip for us either, Potter. But there's still Death Eaters out there, so at the moment we are all in the same predicament. We might as well sort it out together," Draco pointed out.

"That sounds like your father."

"Thank you."

Harry dropped his fork. "Thank you?"

"I do have manners," Draco bristled. "You've simply never been on the receiving end of them."

Harry snorted and pointedly ignoring Draco, continued to eat.

"Father seems to think we should be allies with you and perhaps you'll save us from going to Azkaban, in case no one believes the letter from McGonagall. I'm not sure that going to Azkaban can be that bad compared to making nice with you."

"At this point, since I'm little more than a prisoner, I fail to see why I should vouch for you or your father," Harry replied bitterly.

"You've just confirmed what I've always thought, Potter," Draco said rising to his feet.

"Oh what's that, Malfoy?"

"You're a twit." Draco left the room and once again Harry found himself alone with his thoughts.


Hermione charged into the Common Room excitedly and quickly found Ron who was trying to figure out a replacement for Harry on the team. "I've made a discovery!"

"What??" Ron asked hopefully, knowing Hermione had been researching where Harry could be.

"Mr. Malfoy owed Professor McGonagall two life debts!" She held out a large book entitled, "Life Debts and the Honor of the Wizarding World Society."

Ron actually grabbed the book and read it. "Okay, but what's that got to do with anything?"

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Don’t you see Ron? McGonagall would have asked Mr. Malfoy to protect Harry if …" She wiped at tears in her eyes. Ron quickly pulled her into his arms.

"I miss her too." Pulling back a bit he gave a weak smile. "I'm sure Harry is fine then, if she believed in him then we should too." He felt sick to even think his friend's life lay in the sincerity of the black sheep of the Wizarding World, but they had little choice.

Hermione sniffed and nodded into his shoulder, hoping Ron was right.


Severus jerked awake, knocking a sleeping Remus off his chest. "I know where they are!"

"Hmm?" Remus rubbed the sleep from his eyes, looking at his lover with confusion.

"Lucius has a second cousin in Spain who has a remote villa near some vineyards. I'd bet anything he's gone there!" Snape leapt from the bed and began to consult some rolled up maps.

Remus sat up, caught up in the excitement. With a wave of his wand, he cleansed and clothed them both before getting out of bed himself. He started to sort through maps with Severus looking for one with Spain. "Here it is!"

Severus gave Remus a quick kiss before snatching the map from his hand. They unrolled it over the desk, knocking the others to the floor in their haste. Soon they had located the remote town that the villa was located in and together they Apparated away.


Lucius entered Harry's room warily; unsure of how his presence would be received. Thus he was pleasantly surprised when Harry greeted him with a large smile. "I take it you are feeling better?"

"Yes, and I wanted to apologize for my earlier behavior. It's clear to me now that my doubts about you and Draco were based on the past and not the present. After all, if you wanted to hurt me by now, you've had plenty of chances."

Lucius nodded. "May I ask what brought about this revelation?"

"I've just been thinking about what you have both been telling me." Harry looked about the room. "So since I'm not a prisoner, can I get out of here today, Mr. Malfoy?"

"It's not safe to leave the villa, but you are more than welcome to roam it freely. I'd also prefer that you call me Lucius. Would you prefer to join me for breakfast on the veranda instead of your room?" From an inner pocket of his robe he produced Harry's wand and handed it to him, now that he knew he and Draco would not be attacked.

Harry beamed. "That would be great."

"Excellent. Ducky can show you the way after you’re ready." With a final nod of his head, Lucius swept from the room.

"Lucius, before you go do you…"

"Do I what, Harry?" Lucius stopped in the doorway.

"Taste that in the air?" Harry bit his lip.

Lucius frowned. "I can smell the vineyards, is that what you mean?"

"Um, that must be it. Never mind..." Harry smiled weakly. Lucius frowned but then left, wondering what was going on with the younger man.


Harry found he enjoyed breakfast with Lucius. Draco joined them at one point, but things were still slightly strained on that front. They had simply been enemies for too many years. Nevertheless, it was clear to Harry by the end of their meal that the dynamic between them all had changed.

"Do you two wear similar colognes?" Harry asked out of the blue.

The two blonds looked at each other and shook their heads.

"Oh."

"Harry is something wrong? This is the second time you've asked about something you've smelled," Lucius asked with concern.

"No, it's just…well, you two smell so much alike but different." Harry shrugged.

"It might be our magic." Lucius mused aloud.

Draco laughed. "You're losing your mind, Potter."

After breakfast Lucius and Harry exchanged tidbits of their life experiences while walking around the villa, "You say you blew her up like a balloon?"

Harry laughed. "It was great she simply floated away! Even as I headed for freedom I could hear her screaming from up high."

Lucius roared with laughter. "We really must find a pensive. I would enjoy seeing that!"

Draco smiled as he came upon them. "Really, father, I haven't heard you laugh like that in years. I had no idea you were so funny, Potter."

Harry shrugged it off. Lucius was about to speak when Harry suddenly swayed on his feet. Turning in alarm Lucius caught him by the elbow. "What is it?"

"There's a new magic here. It's like yours but different somehow." Harry tried to explain. "It's that smell and taste like before, but different and more urgent."

Lucius frowned, but Draco blurted out, "What the hell are you talking about? How can you tell there's 'new magic’ here?"

"Shush Draco," Lucius scolded. He turned his attention back to Harry. "Can you feel my magic before I come into a room?"

"I can tell when it's you or Draco, yes, although it's very close and hard to tell if I'm tired." Lucius nodded in understanding, while pulling them all into a side room and locking the door with several spells.

"What's going on?" Draco demanded irritably.

"It would seem Harry is a natural at profiling magic. I should have seen this coming. His father was also gifted in this rare ability. It seems to run in the Potter line." Lucius eyed Harry curiously.

"OH great, one more reason to make me a freak," Harry groused.

"And one more thing that you can do I can't," Draco grumbled.

"Stop it, both of you. Now is not the time. Harry, can you tell if they are here to do us harm?"

Harry shook his head. "No, but they seem very excited to be here. They want to find us. One is …good magic hidden by bad, like yours Lucius. The other is reversed good magic that is bad by a forced nature." Harry frowned.

"Focus Harry, have you felt either of these magical signatures before? Can you attribute any other emotions to them?" Lucius asked pointedly while Draco pretended to be bored.

"Yes, the one like yours…we don’t get along, but the other…we…" Harry's face lit up. "It's Moony!"

"Moony?" Draco asked.

"A childhood nickname for Remus Lupin," Lucius explained. "Is the other person Severus Snape?"

"Why would they be together?" Draco pressed.

"They are lovers," Lucius quickly explained while waiting for an answer from Harry.

"Ewww," both Draco and Harry stated emphatically to this news.

Lucius rolled his eyes. "Please refrain from comments such as those. Harry, answer me!"

Harry furrowed his heavy eyebrows together. "Yes," he sighed. "It's Snape."

Lucius smiled and quickly removed the protection spells that covered the door. In the meantime, Draco turned on Harry. "What's my magical signature like, Potter?"

"It's strong like your father’s but bitter somehow and very…green." Lucius turned at this.

"Green…really?" he asked in fascination.

"What's that mean?" Draco asked impatiently.

"Unless I'm mistaken that means you're a natural healer, Draco." Lucius smiled lovingly at his son.

Draco folded his arms over his chest. "I don't want to be a healer!"

Lucius sighed, shaking his head as he undid the last of the spells and opened the door. "Severus? Remus?"

The two visitors turned the corner to find the trio waiting for them. Remus quickly swooped down on Harry, hugging him tightly and fighting off tears of joy and relief. In the meantime, Snape was pumping Lucius' hand and patting Draco affectionately on the back. Then he looked over them all. "How did you know it was us?"

"It appears Harry is a magical profiler," Lucius informed them both.

They both blinked in surprise before Remus smiled. "James would be proud."

Snape rolled his eyes. "Well, I suppose we might be able to find some purpose for it."

"Draco is a natural healer," Lucius said proudly. At this Severus beamed with pride.

"Not at all biased," Remus chuckled.

"Look who's talking!" Severus snapped playfully.

Lucius chuckled. "Come, we must discuss what's going on in the wizarding world. We couldn't risk sending out an owl. How did you find us, old friend?"

Severus smirked. "I remembered that you favored your cousin who lived in Spain and that he owned this villa by the vineyards. Given your love of the grape, it seemed a natural place to bide your time."

Draco laughed. "He knows your Achilles heel, father!"

"Achilles heel?" Harry asked in confusion.

"Achilles was a wizard in Greek times who was shot by an arrow in the heel, because he was torn between what he wanted to do and should do," Remus explained.

They walked out to the veranda where Ducky was waiting for them with fresh tea and scones. "Ah, breakfast!" Remus grinned and started eating ravenously.

Snape rolled his eyes. "Eats like a wolf. Try to ignore it, that works for me.”

Harry chuckled. "You sound like an old married couple."

Remus choked on a scone. Severus patted his lover on the back. "You know?" Remus gasped in shock.

Harry shrugged. "Lucius told us."

"Revolting," Draco commented only to receive a harsh glare from his father. "Sorry."

"What is it that you find objectionable?" Severus asked his godson.

"You and a …a …"

"Werewolf?" Lupin asked without batting an eye.

Severus smirked. "It makes for a very passionate bed partner."

Harry blushed and Lucius recalled the last time he had blushed so. It was when he asked how far Harry had gotten and the young man had taken it the wrong way. Was he truly a complete virgin? And it seemed his tastes ran toward a male partner. Lucius sat back contemplating the concept with surprise.

Unconsciously he found himself staring at the young man. Behind his horrific glasses he had the incredible green eyes of his mother; his lips, though thin, appeared to be soft and pliable. His bone structure was of the strong Potter line. In all, he was a rather attractive romantic possibility even though he was male and Lucius had not sought out a male bed partner since before Draco was born.

"So Harry, how do you feel a signature?" Remus was asking, drawing Lucius out of his ruminations.

"I sort of see colors and taste them. It's weird that it never happened before. Is this going to last?" Harry asked nervously.

"Yes," Severus replied without pulling any punches. "But we can use this to our advantage to have you track down the remaining Death Eaters."

Remus frowned. "I don’t like it. Harry has been through enough."

Lucius and Draco exchanged a look. A silent communication flowed between them. Draco sighed. "If Potter gets hurt I can heal him. I just need some training."

"You'd do that for me?" Harry asked in surprise.

"Well, I can't let you have all the glory can I?"

Everyone laughed, except Draco who looked smug at being the center of attention.


Severus, Lucius and Draco went off to talk while Remus took Harry aside for a chat of their own.

"How are you, Harry?" Remus asked with a touch of fatherly concern.

"Okay, it took some getting used to the Malfoys though," Harry chuckled. "But they seem to mean it when they say they are on our side. And Lucius gave me my wand back."

"Yes, I've known about Lucius being on our side for quite some time but of course, I couldn't reveal that to you." Remus looked at Harry quizzically. "But I sense that something else is going on with you."

Harry blushed and looked down at his hands. "I was kind of surprised to find out about you and Snape."

"Severus, as I'm sure you noticed, is quite different outside of work," Remus chuckled. "But that isn't all of it, is it?"

Harry shrugged. "In the muggle world it's wrong."

"What's wrong?" Remus asked.

"Being gay," Harry bit his lip.

Remus sighed. "Ah, are you worried for me or yourself?"

Harry blushed. "How did you know?"

"You haven't dated in a long time, Harry and the few dates you had were disastrous. Who's caught your eye then, Draco or Lucius?" At the last Harry looked down. "Ah, Lucius then. Well, if it's any comfort, I believe you've caught his attention as well."

"You're not upset?" Harry asked nervously, refusing to give any thought to the possibility that he had the older wizard's attention. "I mean won't people..."

"Things are different in the wizarding world. You're judged more by the magic you use than who warms your bed at night. I'll let you know if he asks for permission." Remus smiled.

"Asks permission?" Harry gasped. "What are you talking about?"

"Lucius comes from a very old and proud family. If he wishes to pursue a relationship with you he would seek out a member of your family to ask permission to court you. I believe that would fall to me as your pseudo-godfather," Remus explained patiently.

Harry walked over to a window. "I'm so confused. On one hand I'm attracted to him and on the other it still feels wrong." At the look of disappointment and hurt on Remus' face he hurried to explain. "I mean not only because of what I was raised to believe but because of our ages and he used to be a Death Eater. Remus, he's tried to kill me only a few years ago over a house elf!"

"That was then, Harry. This is now. And now we all need to work together. He saved you from being found in a vulnerable position out on the battlefield. Technically, you now owe him your life."

"A wizard's debt?" Harry gulped. Remus nodded. "He hasn't mentioned it."

"Perhaps because he owed Minerva a debt and repaid it by saving your life, he might consider the matter closed. Or maybe he realizes that you are not aware of the ways of our world," Remus mused. "Regardless, it would be bad taste for him to use that as leverage to seek permission to court you."

Harry covered his face with his hands. "This is so embarrassing. I don't even know what to do or what I want. We've only just started to get along!"

Remus smiled. "Give it time, Harry. It would appear you have plenty of it."

After Remus left, Harry spent the rest of the afternoon roaming the villa and thinking over their discussion.

He was so wrapped up in woolgathering that he didn't notice Draco's presence as he leaned up against a wall, his arms crossed over his chest. "What crawled up your bonnet Potter?"

"Hmm? Oh, hey Malfoy. I was just thinking, is all," Harry sighed.

"Hmm, pretty weird about Severus and the wolf, eh?"

"Don't call him that," Harry frowned. "Remus is the closest thing I have to family and he doesn't care to be reminded of his condition."

"I can't fault him for that. Is he really family to you now? What about those muggles you stayed with each summer holiday?"

"They hate me and I hate them," Harry bit out.

Draco's eyebrows shot up. "Really? That's not what I heard. The word was they worshipped the ground you walked on. "

"Hardly, I was too busy cleaning the ground they walked on," Harry snapped.

Draco held up his hands. "Easy there, Potter. So do you think Severus and Lupin will tie the knot?"

Harry blinked. "Gay people can get married here?"

Draco shook his head. "Of course, you nutcase, what else would they do?"

"Oh, it's just that in the muggle world things aren't so good if you're gay."

Draco rolled his eyes. "They also believe unicorns and dragons don't exist." He eyed Harry with interest. "Haven't you ever dated a bloke?"

"Err, no?" Harry bit the inside of his mouth hoping to fight back his blush.

"Ever wanted to?" Draco chuckled at Harry's obvious discomfort.

Harry turned beet red. "I…don't know."

Draco raised an eyebrow and slipped away from the wall. "Well, to get that kind of reaction it must be someone I know. Don't tell me you're pining away for the Weasel?" Harry made a face. "No? Then someone in Slytherin?"

Harry shook his head 'no' wildly. "Look, I have to go. Bye."

"Hmm, very interesting," Draco mused aloud as he watched Harry dash away. He pondered the situation for some time before returning to his own room.


"Harry?" Lucius knocked at Harry's door. "Are you unwell?"

"Just tired," Harry called out, unwilling to unlock the door. He sat on the bed with his arms wrapped around his knees trying to make sense of his tangled emotions. At the moment, the last person he wanted to see was Lucius.

"Will you be in there all day?" Lucius asked with growing concern. After all, Harry seemed well enough earlier.

"I…don't know," Harry called out.

"I'll send Ducky in to see you," Lucius replied and walked away wondering what had served to upset Harry so much.


Harry spent the next few days slowly trying to get to know Lucius and Draco better, but kept his growing attraction firmly in check. He felt stupid for getting emotionally involved with Lucius and often used the past that was between them to quell his ardor. Harry discovered Draco was rather good at card games and they spent some time on that while Lucius, Severus and Remus went back and forth over the best ways to track down the remaining Death Eaters.

Lucius found himself grateful that the two were becoming friends, but felt a rising tide of jealousy each time he saw them together. At last Severus noticed and approached him on it.

"You aren't fooling anyone, Lucius," Severus noted when they were alone.

"I don't know to what you are referring," Lucius snapped.

"You know very well I'm talking about your blatant attraction to Potter. Don't you think you should discuss it with Draco at the least? Perhaps he has designs on him after all, even though I personally hope he has better taste." Snape chuckled.

"Careful, old friend, if you wish to remain un-hexed in my presence," Lucius snapped. However, the words that had been spoken left Lucius feeling unsettled. Did Draco want Harry? Did Harry want Draco? Severus sensed Lucius' change in mood and left to go find Remus and head back home.

Draco looked up from their game when he saw that Remus and Snape were getting ready to leave. "This is getting ridiculous. I bet they still haven't come to a decision."

"But as always, they are the ones making the plans and we have to sit around and wait. What else can we do?" Harry asked studying the board.

"You're the reckless Gryffindor, think of something."

Harry smiled and looked up. "Let's go after the Death Eaters by ourselves. After all I can tell when we are going up against one or more and if anything happens to me you can heal me. Severus has been teaching you right?"

In response, Draco took out a sharp dagger, slit his arm and with the other hand healed it with a glowing ball of healing energy. "Cool!" Harry reached out taking Draco's arm and searching for a scar but seeing only fresh skin let go of it. But not before Lucius spotted Harry holding Draco and took it the wrong way.

Harry looked up, sensing Lucius' presence. Their eyes met; one full of hope and the other full of disappointment. Lucius turned and walked away. Draco looked up to see Harry's face fall. "What's up, Potter?"

"Nothing," Harry lied.

Draco looked over his shoulder to see his father quickly leaving the hall. He turned back to Harry and studied his expression. "Oh so that's it, is it?"

Harry frowned. "What are you talking about, Malfoy?"

"You're sweet on my father," Draco smirked.

"Shut up Malfoy, you don't know what you're talking about," Harry snapped. "Now are we making plans to take out these Death Eaters so we can get the hell out of this villa or not?"

"Look, you might be bent on self-destruction, but I'm too pretty to die before my time. We should tell the others we've had enough of waiting," Draco advised sagely.

"Whatever, Malfoy," Harry got up and headed for his room.

After only a moment's hesitation Draco went to find his father. But to his annoyance, without Harry to take him there, it took Ducky to help him track the senior Malfoy down. At long last they found him sipping wine on the veranda with a sour look on his face.

"Your cousin would be upset to see you think so little of that vintage you're drinking," Draco noted.

"What do you want Draco?" Lucius snapped. "Come to gloat?"

"Gloat? Oh! Potter... Father, I came to straighten this out. Potter fancies you, not me, thank Merlin. If you want into his pants I suggest you track that wolf down to ask permission before he does something terribly Gryffindor in nature." Draco filled a glass for himself before sitting down.

"I saw him caressing your arm," Lucius grumbled. "And what are you suggesting Harry is about to do?" He asked as the rest of Draco's words sunk in.

"He was checking my healing abilities, since he thinks he and I should strike out on our own after the Death Eaters. He also seems to think you don't like him but it's clear he's infatuated with you."

"What!? He can't! It's too dangerous!" Lucius stood up with alarm.

Draco smirked. "I'll do my best to drag my feet. After all I don’t want to die. But you know how stupid Gryffindors can be." He traced around the glass of wine with a long finger. "What are you going to do?"

Lucius ran a hand through his long blond hair before taking off back into the villa to find Harry. Draco shook his head and put his feet up to finish his wine. He had a feeling he was going to need it.


But he never found him, because Harry had already left bringing only Ducky with him in case of trouble. Lucius was beside himself. Without a second thought he took the emergency Floo to Severus' private quarters in Hogwarts. He turned away quickly from the scene he stumbled upon as he arrived.

Remus grabbed the covers to give them some privacy as Severus snapped out, "What is so important you risk discovery?"

"Harry's gone after the Death Eaters alone!" Lucius yelled.

"Harry!" Remus yelled and with a wave of his wand dressed them both.

"Stupid foolhardy Gryffindors -," Severus began only to find Lucius' wand at his throat.

"Don’t even go there, Severus. This is my fault. I never should have excluded him from our plans. And now matters are worse."

"Worse? How?" Remus asked with dread coiling itself into his stomach.

"I suppose this isn't the best time, but I had intended to ask your permission to court Harry. However, I found Harry and Draco together and mistook the situation. Draco came to me and set me straight, but by that time Harry allowed his feelings to guide him toward this impetuous set of actions."

Severus groaned loudly while grabbing potion bottles and shrinking them down. Remus smiled sadly, putting a hand on the blond's shoulder. "We'll find him and consider permission granted, Lucius."

Lucius nodded solemnly. "Thank you, Remus. I only hope you are right. After all, he knows our magical signatures and may not wish for us to find him."


Harry dived and twisted to avoid the curse from the wand of the Death Eater. This was the fourth Death Eater he'd gone up against in the last few hours and he was beginning to tire. Between finding the Death Eaters and doing battle he was also trying to avoid being found by the others. Their concern was so strong it coated their magical signatures like wrapping on a box. He knew that they would find him eventually, but he was determined to finish this once and for all.

He had nothing to live for living in that villa, on the painful end of unreciprocated love. Harry laughed high and loud, causing the Death Eater to stumble in surprise at this apparent touch of insanity in Potter. Taking advantage of it, Harry struck him down. He stopped to wipe his brow, then Apparated away on the trail of another Death Eater.


Remus grabbed the robes of the Death Eater, who lay cold and motionless on the stone floor of the old castle ruins in the Highlands of Scotland. Using his werewolf abilities he took a deep sniff. "He was here only minutes ago. We're catching up to him."

Lucius growled in frustration. "But it's taken all day to get this close. Where could he be now?"

"Think man! Who's left?" Snape snapped.

Draco started to rattle off names, "Avery, Flint…"

"I think I know where Flint would be," Severus said and quickly making a portkey they left the scene.

When they arrived Draco looked around recognizing it immediately. "He hid at home?"

"Flint's family descends from trolls. It’s a wonder they don't live under a bridge." Severus snickered as Remus nudged him with a reproving look. Noises of wand fire down the hall attracted their notice and they all took off at a run, Lucius in the lead.

As he turned the bend Harry felt his signature and turned toward him. The Death Eater promptly hit him in the back with a curse.

"HARRY!" Lucius yelled.

Severus cursed the Death Eater as Lucius ran out, heedless of the danger, to check on Harry. The Death Eater fell to the ground petrified as Lucius scooped up a pale and dying Harry. Remus was at his side instantly as Draco tried to bat them both away.

"Lucius! You must let go of him in order for Draco to heal him in time!" Severus yelled shaking his shoulders roughly.

Remus pulled Harry out of Lucius' arms and Severus pulled Lucius away from the scene. They all watched and waited anxiously as Draco closed his eyes and a ball of healing energy appeared at his hands.

Next to him, Ducky stood placing her hands on Draco's back, funneling her own Elvin magic into him. Taking their cue, the three men lined up, all pouring their energy into Draco. After a few tense minutes, color began to return to Harry's face. Draco sighed with relief when Harry opened his eyes. "It's about time, Potter."

"Harry!" Remus yelled pulling Harry into a tight hug.

"May I?" Lucius asked Remus who smiled at him.

Remus looked at Harry. "I gave Lucius permission, Harry."

Harry cast hopeful eyes at the tall blond. "You asked?"

"I did," Lucius smiled. "But after this experience I think that's as far as the formalities will go." He pulled Harry into his arms and ignoring their audience brushed his lips against Harry's. Feeling Harry respond to him, he furthered the kiss reaching with his tongue into Harry's mouth for their first taste of each other.

Remus smiled happily as the two continued to kiss passionately. Severus rolled his eyes and went over to see to their prisoner and Draco eagerly followed.


"…and that's how it all happened," Harry shrugged finishing his tale to Ron and Hermione from the comfort of the Malfoy Manor's parlor.

Ron and Hermione stared at him through the fire. "Lucius Malfoy? YUCK!" Ron cried.

Hermione chuckled. "Well, he did keep Harry safe Ron, just like you said."

"Well," Harry laughed looking over his shoulder. "Severus said I can finish out my schooling with tutoring here while we prepare for the wedding. Will I see you both there? You were the first I wanted to invite."

Ron looked green but Hermione quickly put in for both of them. "We wouldn’t miss it for the world."

Harry smiled and waved as the faces of his two friends vanished from the fire. "Lucius," Harry turned to face his lover, easily able to sense him now, well before he came into the room.

"I've spent the day straightening things out at the Ministry of Magic. It seems they could use a profiler to lead the Aurors. That is if you still want the job?" Lucius teased.

"Of course I do!" Harry yelled happily running to Lucius' arms.

"Just promise me that you'll be careful and let them do the dirty work? After all you're about to be a Malfoy “"

"- Potter-Malfoy."

"Don't interrupt, it’s rude. Where was I? Oh yes, a Malfoy doesn't dirty their hands," Lucius scolded his young lover.

"You just want me in top form for the honeymoon," Harry teased.

"Of course," Lucius pressed Harry to him and kissed his lover deeply. “I’m looking out for my best interests, after all….”

This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/keikokin/viewstory.php?sid=810.