Farewells by Keikokin (PG)
As discoveries about their love come to light, its time to go.

Categories: Harry/Draco
Characters: None
Genres: Established Relationship
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1
Word count: 723 - Hits: 2658
Complete?: Yes - Published: 21/07/06 - Last Updated: 21/07/06

1. one shot by Keikokin



one shot by Keikokin
Beta: MJ
Test Reader: Phaeton
Disclaimer: This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by JK Rowling, various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoat Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended. THIS STORY CONTAINS MALE/MALE RELATIONS = SLASH



"What the fuck is this?" Ron Weasley asked holding up a piece of plastic, which had been lying on top of Harry's clothes in his trunk.

"Butt plug," Harry shrugged getting dressed.

Ron dropped it quickly as if it would bite him and stared slack jawed at his best friend. He wasn’t the only one. Neville was giggling nervously, Seamus was blinking repeatedly and Dean looked as pale as a ghost. Ron stepped backwards and pushed Seamus forward.

"Um, Harry, what do you need …err, one of those for lad?" Seamus asked in a whisper.

"So I can be ready," Harry sighed taking notice of his friends reactions.

"You're gay!" Dean yelled, pointing his finger at Harry.

"Yes, I'm gay so what. You don't have to worry, any of you," he added looking around, "I have a boyfriend."

There was a general sigh of relief. Harry rolled his eyes.

"Who?" Ron asked nervously.

"It's not open for discussion," Harry snapped not liking the looks he was receiving.

"Is he a Gryffindor?" Seamus asked. Harry shook his head. Another sigh of relief filled the room. Casting nervous glances back at Harry they all left. That is, all but Neville, who closed the door behind them.

Harry smiled teasingly, folding his arms over his chest. "I said I have a boyfriend Neville."

"It's Draco Malfoy isn't it?" Neville whispered.

Smiling widely Harry nodded.

Neville gulped. "Are you…happy?"

"Yes. We're getting a flat after graduation."

"How long have …" Neville waved an arm about.

"A year, ever since he came back after the battle," Harry's face went tight as it always did when he mentioned the battle. No one knew anything about it, other than Harry had won and Severus Snape and Lucius Malfoy had helped him. Rumor had it he was nursed to health over the summer at Malfoy Manor until he recovered. Neville hadn’t believed it… until now.

"Do you love him?" Neville asked quietly.

Harry's face lit up and Neville had his answer. "Yes and in a day, we'll be together openly."

"If that's what you want Harry, and then I'm happy for you both. But you saw the others. They won't take this well," Neville cautioned.

"I know, but I'm happy Neville. We'll leave this area of the wizarding world and start over. It's nice to be able to tell someone that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Graduation day was sunny and bright. No one noticed when Harry went to stand by Draco after receiving his diploma. But you could have heard a pin drop when Draco kissed Harry. Smiling brightly Harry first hugged Draco then returned the kiss. Camera flashes went off amidst sounds of girls crying. The near silence was broken by the steady staccato of Lucius Malfoy using his walking stick as he came to stand by the pair.

He turned to the crowd. "These two have found love and happiness despite the bitterness that life served to them both. Join me in congratulating them on their happiness, which they both so richly deserve."

Lucius began clapping. Shaking visibly, Neville Longbottom stood and joined him. Ron caught Hermione as she fainted dead away. Severus joined in the applause next. Slowly everyone present either stood for Harry and Draco or sat still in shock. A small gathering formed around the two ushering them off stage and the proceedings started once more.

Harry turned to Neville from the comfort of Draco's arms and the hand of Lucius which rested on his shoulder.

Neville nodded in understanding and watched as Harry smiled. He whispered words that had been said so many years ago, "Good luck Harry Potter."

As they disapparated away in each other's arms, the blessing was added to by Lucius and Severus. "Good luck, Draco Malfoy."

It turned out they didn't need the wishes of good luck, all they needed was each other.

This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/keikokin/viewstory.php?sid=728.