Halfway by Keikokin (PG)
Jack goes to a gay bar.

Categories: Jack/Daniel
Characters:
Genres: First Time
Warnings: Fluff
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1
Word count: 2846 - Hits: 3582
Complete?: Yes - Published: 20/02/06 - Last Updated: 20/02/06

1. one shot by Keikokin



one shot by Keikokin
Jack took another swig of his beer and looked out over the crowd. Was it him, or were they getting younger and younger? The dancers at the gay club were almost the same age as some of the recruits on the base! He sighed and stared into his drink. Maybe it was time he admitted to himself that he was going to be alone for the rest of his days. He couldn’t seem to attract anyone, male or female these days.

If he was truthful to himself, the music was even giving him a headache. He leaned back, to fish his wallet out of his pants to leave a tip on the table when suddenly someone sat down across from him.

He looked up in surprise and did a double take. “Daniel? Is that you?”

Daniel Jackson certainly though it had to be, definitely didn’t look like himself in a pair of tight black leather pants and skin tight blue tee shirt. “Jack, what are you doing here? Never mind, just play along please!”

Jack was just wrapping his brain around the idea that Daniel was in a gay club and all that meant when Daniel leaned over and kissed him. He gasped and Daniel took full advantage, deepening the kiss. Jack was lost. Who would have ever have thought the geek could kiss so well?

He cupped the back of Daniel’s nape, bringing him in closer, while his tongue did a tango with a surprising amount of eagerness. He’d never really thought about Daniel this way, but his body seemed to be standing up and saluting the idea. The back of his mind was quickly chiming in that this might work out really, really well.

Their kiss was rudely interrupted by a gruff voice. “Who’s this guy!?”

The kiss ended as quickly as it started and Jack quickly decided to get rid of the intruder and get back to that kiss which easily ranked a 10.0 on the O’Neill scale of memorable first kisses. He looked up angrily to see who was the owner and intruder, and kept going and going.

Standing over the table, was some guy that Teal’c could have called brother. He was beefy, muscular and covered in tattoos. He had on a jean vest, jeans and a belt buckle that could have been used as a dinner plate. Jack did a quick tally on the situation. The guy, Mack, if his belt buckle was correct had designs on Daniel. Obviously, Daniel wanted nothing to do with Mack, which Jack had to agree didn’t look like Daniel Jackson material. And last, but not least whether or not Daniel ever kissed him like that again, although Jack heartily wished he would, Daniel was still his friend and he was not about to see him made into a Mack boy toy.

Jack stood up and was happy to see they came eye to eye. “He’s here with me. Why don’t you go find someone else?”

Mack growled back at him,” Go fuck yourself he’s mine. I saw him first.”

Jack smiled looked at Daniel in a way that Daniel knew all too well from countless missions. Daniel ducked, just as Jack spun Mack around pinning one beefy arm across his back. Using a pressure point Teal’c showed him, he made it abundantly clear to Mack who was in charge. “Mack,” Jack growled into the other man’s neck. “Get away from me and my date before I get mad. Are we clear?”

“Clear,” Mack grunted out just as two bouncers arrived at the table. They appeared surprised at who was clearly winning the small battle.

“We’re okay, really, just a little misunderstanding,” Daniel grinned at the bouncers, instantly going into negotiator mode. The bouncers nodded in understanding and quietly escorted Mack to the other side of the club. Jack smiled smugly and looked at Daniel. Despite the air of confidence only a moment ago, Daniel looked shaken. Jack finished taking his wallet out of his pocket and tossed a few singles down on the table.

“Come on Daniel, let’s blow this popsicle stand,” Jack put out a hand to help Daniel up. Daniel looked down and taking the proffered hand got up and followed Jack out of the bar. A bit of fall could be felt in the air and Daniel shivered still looking down. “Want to head over to my place? I can order a mean pizza.” Jack joked.

Daniel nodded and followed Jack. After the bright city lights of Denver were far behind them, Jack cleared his throat. “So how did you wind up with Mack?”

“Um, he kind of decided I was his. I couldn’t seem to shake him and then I got this idea in my head. I can’t tell you how glad I am it was you I sat down with.” Daniel sighed and closed his eyes leaning back into the truck seat.

“Well, you won’t hear any complaints out of me,” Jack admitted with a roguish grin.

“Really? You aren’t mad at me?” Daniel asked nervously. “I kind of expected a dressing down when we got to your house.”

Jack laughed. “Daniel my lips are still tingling! I’m not mad at you, so just relax. We can have pizza and watch a movie, okay?”

Daniel looked relieved and stared out the window. A comfortable silence filled the truck and then Daniel broke it once more. “Why didn’t you tell me that you were gay Jack?”

“Well, I don’t consider myself gay really. I just don’t rule out any options,” Jack replied. Daniel started to laugh. Jack looked over at him like he’d lost his mind. “What’s so funny?”

“Oh Jack,” Daniel took off his glasses to wipe his eyes,” you are the only person I know who can make picking out a sexual preference sound like a military strategy.

Jack snickered. “Force of habit I suppose.” There was another long silence then Jack said,” You know you can’t ever say you saw me there, right?”

“Don’t worry Jack your secret is safe with me.” Daniel replied with a grin. He turned in his seat so he could look at Jack. “Did you mean what you said earlier?”

Jack rolled his eyes. “Throw me a bone here Daniel.”

“When you said my kiss did that to you,” Daniel grinned impishly.

Looking over Jack did a quick once over of his companion whose demeanor seemed to have changed. Daniel’s arm was over the back of the cab seat, he was leaning toward Jack and looking at him like he was a piece of meat. “Yes Daniel I did mean it. Are you feeling okay?”

“Actually Jack, I’m feeling really okay.” Daniel reached out and cupped Jack’s groin. Jack jumped and groaned all at once.

“Daniel! Give a guy some warning I’m driving here,” Jack gasped. Daniel undid he seatbelt and started to blow in Jack’s ear. “Daniel!! I don’t want to get into an accident. You know how I feel about this truck! What is with you?”

“You want it Jack, you know you do,” Daniel whispered into his ear before biting it. Suddenly Jack had an eight armed archaeologist on his hands. He struggled trying to drive and make Daniel behave at the same time. When they pulled up into the driveway, Jack bolted out of the truck angrily. He unlocked the door and Daniel slammed it shut behind them shoving Jack up against the wall. Jack wrestled him to the ground.

Daniel whined underneath him. “Jack, come on, don’t be such a spoil sport!”

Jack pinned Daniel’s arms with his legs and his legs with his body weight. He fished out his phone. “Shut up Daniel. There is something wrong with you. I’m calling Janet.’

“Oh, kinky Jack, but I don’t think I want to share,” Daniel thrust up his groin and Jack thought of Maybourne naked to fend off his own desire. He punched in the numbers quickly.

“Hello?” came the familiar voice of their little Napoleon.

“Janet, its Jack, can you come over to my house? It’s Daniel I think someone doped him up with one of those date drugs.”

“How did that happen? Oh nevermind, I’m sure I don’t want to know. I’ll be right there!” Janet ended the phone call.

Jack moaned as Daniel rotated his hips upwards. Inspiration hit him. “How about I tie you up Daniel?”

“OH yes, Jack please,” Daniel moaned happily. Jack hauled him to his feet. It took him a bit to tie Daniel to one of the chairs in the living room. When he was done Daniel’s face was flush with desire. “Jack, oh please Jack.” Jack ran a hand in frustration through his hair making it stand up in all directions. “Damn I love it when you do that.

Jack smiled and realized that Daniel might say some very incriminating things for both of them, so grabbing an old tie he gagged him too. Just in time too, as a knock came to the door. “Come in Janet, we’re in the living room!”

Janet strode in briskly. She raised an eyebrow at Daniel’s outfit then at Jacks. He’d forgotten all about the overly tight jeans and dark tee shirt he had on. Janet wasn’t stupid and quickly added up the clues. “Going to a gay bar is awfully dangerous for a career man like you isn’t it Colonel?”

“He, um, called me and asked me to pick him up,” Jack said thinking up the first lie he could.

“Right, isn’t Denver a bit far to go?” Janet huffed. “Oh never mind, just don’t go there again, either of you. Is that understood? I don’t want to deal with the diseases you could pick up in there.” Jack gulped and stood back as Janet took off Daniel’s gag. “Hmm, yes someone drugged up our Daniel pretty good this time. I can give him something for it. But you better keep an eye on him. He’s going to have a whale of a hangover in the morning.”

“Thanks Doc,” Jack grinned. “I really appreciate it.”

She gave him one more icy look and then left the house with only a wave over her shoulder. Jack sighed. He was sure he’d be hearing more of that speech and all too soon. Looking back he saw Daniel was almost asleep. He untied him and covered him up with a blanket. “This wasn’t the first date I was hoping for Daniel. You’re going to owe me big time,’ Jack gently kissed Daniel’s forehead, took off his glasses and turned out the light.


“FUCK!”

Jack padded out from the kitchen with a cup of coffee and some aspirin. He handed them to Daniel who was cradling his head in his lap. “Take these,” Jack whispered. Daniel nodded, instantly groaned then took the coffee and pills.

Sitting down across from Daniel he waited for the inevitable questions. It didn’t start until Daniel’s second cup of coffee and third extra strength aspirin. “I suppose I’m off the team.”

“Not if I can stop you. It’s not your fault that Mack guy drugged your drink. Although it was rather naïve of you to let it happen. I take it that it was him?” Jack whispered.

“Yeah, damnit I went to the bathroom for just a minute trying to get away from that jerk,” Daniel groaned. “Please tell me I didn’t come onto you like a cheap rent boy.”

“Okay I won’t but you did,” Jack replied with a smirk.

“I asked you not to tell me that,” Daniel grunted.

“Why don’t you go take a shower? I laid out some sweats on the bed that I think will fit you. It will probably make you feel better,” Jack replied sympathetically. “How bad is it?”

“My fucking hair hurts,” Daniel said standing up slowly clutching at his head. “Oh, man.” He ever so slowly made his way to the bathroom. Jack started to make up a few pancakes hoping that Daniel could keep them down.

When Daniel reappeared a few minutes later, Jack congratulated himself on putting out a set of navy blue sweats. He’d spent the majority of the night staring at the ceiling contemplating the situation with Daniel. His conclusion was that if Daniel was still interested, so was he.

Besides Janet already suspected they were a pair, so why not? The only real concern would be keeping it from Sam, or letting her know in a safe, breakable free environment. Then again, since she was dating maybe it wouldn’t’ be so bad.

“What are you making?” Daniel asked curiously.

“Pancakes, that is if you are up to it,” Jack replied.

“Sure I’m good. I think I will need some comfort food anyway,” Daniel sighed making himself a cup of coffee this time. “Are we going to talk before or after?”

“After,” Jack said firmly. Daniel smiled and got out the syrup and butter before sitting down. He didn’t really want to talk about it, but Daniel knew that they had to sometime, better here than on base. At least now he’d have a couple of minutes to think about it with a semi-clear head.

What had happened last night? He’d only wanted a night out. Then that beefy jerk had cornered him for a drink. He went to the bathroom to try to think of a way out. That’s when he came up with the plan, to come onto anybody who didn’t look too scary, but big enough to deal with Mack and pretend like he was already here with them.

Daniel looked across his forkful of syrup covered pancake at Jack. Why hadn’t he noticed him before now? Jack was incredibly handsome. His velvet brown eyes were so bottomless and deep. The silver mixed into his hair seemed to call to his fingers to have his fingers run through it. But Jack had always been off-limits, he was his commander and his friend. There was also no clue at all that Jack was interested in men. None. Maybe Jack wasn’t interested. Daniel felt himself getting depressed and began to dread the talk they were about to have.

“Stop it,” Jack snapped. Daniel looked up to see Jack staring at him in the commanding manner he had. “Don’t give me that innocent look. You’re putting yourself down again I can see it in your eyes.”

Daniel leaned back and pushed his plate away. “When did you learn to read me so well?”

“Oh I don’t know countless missions where you are always willing to sacrifice yourself for others?” Jack shook his head.

Grinning, Daniel nodded. “So what now Jack?”

“That’s up to you Daniel. Was that kiss a one time deal or what?” Jack snapped. Daniel saw the hurt flash through Jack’s eyes.

“I’ve been thinking about that Jack. And if you are interested, well, I know I am.” Daniel said very quickly in his nervousness and it took the older man a minute to realize what Daniel had said.

“Okay, but no hanky panky on base and you let me deal with Carter. You tell Teal’c, just give me heads up so I know when to expect my death threat. And we seal it with a kiss,’ Jack grinned.

“Yeah?” Daniel smiled leaning across toward Jack.

“Yasureyoubetcha,” Jack leaned in to get his kiss. And as their lips touched once more in a sizzle of attraction and a promise of more to come, Jack realized at the same time Daniel did it was probably the first time they’d both met halfway on anything. It had to be a good sign.

This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/keikokin/viewstory.php?sid=653.