A Valentine for Daniel by Keikokin (PG)
Summary: Dr. Jackson has the winter blues. His depression and subsequent relief of the blues thanks to Valentines day is relayed through his journal.

Categories: Jack/Daniel
Characters:
Genres: First Time
Warnings: Fluff
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1
Word count: 1298 - Hits: 3301
Complete?: Yes - Published: 02/01/06 - Last Updated: 02/01/06

1. one shot by Keikokin



one shot by Keikokin
Title: A Valentine for Daniel
Author: Kenaf
Notes: Thanks to MJ for the beta work and KKF for never-ending support.









From the Personal Journals of Dr. Daniel Jackson, Series XXXIX, Volume 42

January 25

Winter, I hate it. I hate the stupid holidays too. I miss the desert. There never seems to be anyway to warm up. Even my bed is cold at night. Being this lonely is as bad as everyone makes it out to be. But, on the up side General O’Neill has been really nice to me lately. He even gave me a coffee flavored candy today, guess he knew I needed a pick-me-up. Then I found some more on my laptop when I got back from my physical “ ouch.

January 27

Spent all day yesterday off world. I really miss Jack on these missions, we always shared a tent. Now I get to share with Teal’c. He’s okay but when I couldn’t sleep off world Jack would tell me some story or talk about hockey until I fell asleep. But I guess he still cares, I found some chocolate flavored coffee beans in my pack and another candy. Yum.

January 28

When I woke up this morning at my desk I found a note from Jack asking me not to make any plans for Feb. 14th. Then when I went home there was a package waiting for me. It was one of those gourmet coffee pots with a selection of coffee samples and liquors. Am I being courted by Jack?

January 29

There was about 6 inches of snow last night and when I got up I was running late. I always seem to curl up more and sleep late when it snows. Imagine my surprise to find an airman at my door to pick me up! Just when I was dreading freezing to clean off the car! As if that wasn’t enough he hands me a cup of Starbucks and a croissant with “Compliments of the General for that last translation, sir!” Hey, I think I like this “ a lot!

January 30

We had visiting brass in from DC today. Gawd, Jack looks incredible in that dress uniform. I couldn’t stop drooling! Then when it ended he winked at me and I smiled all day. Wow, have I got it bad!

February 1

There were more coffee candies and now mocha ones too, they were hidden in my desk. There was also a clipping out of the Arts and Leisure Section of the paper announcing the Royal Shakespearean Troupe coming into Denver for Valentines Day. Is it too much to hope Jack scored tickets? Would he do that? For me?

February 2

Sam called firs thing this morning. Jack’s mother had a heart attack during the night. He was flying out to be with her and was a wreck. It’s great to have a friend like her. She knows how I feel about him but never says a word. Sam had a taxi on the way to my apartment to get me to the airport in time, even bought my ticket. I thanked her quickly, packed an overnighter and got there with minutes t spare. When I sat next to him he was staring at the window. I sat net to him and whispered, “I’ve got your six Jack.” He was surprised and startled but didn’t fight me as I pulled him to me. It was one of the few times I’ve seen him cry. I’ve never be able to thank Sam enough.

February 3

Well, it was touch and go there for a while but Mrs. O’Neill will be just fine. Now I know where Jack gets his bedside manner. She threw a book at the doctor! I got to meet his brothers, too. WOOF! It seems all the O’Neill boys are drop dead gorgeous! But I got the cream of the crop. Gawd, I’ve got it bad. I was also surprised to find out that they all knew who I was. I wonder what Jack told them?

February 4

We’re headed back home. Donovan, Jack’s baby brother will watch over Mrs. O’Neill. What a stubborn, strong- headed lot the whole clan is! Yet, they all seem to love each other dearly. Gawd, I’m lonely.

February 5

Sam broke down and is butting in. She really wants me to tell Jack how I feel. I chickened out last minute and now she’s mad at me! As if that’s not bad enough Teal’c seems to be siding with her! Oh great!

February 6

I must really be working hard on that new translation job from SG11 to not have noticed…yet somehow with that Special Ops Training I suppose Jack snuck in some of those chocolate walnut cookies I like with a note saying, “Thanks for being there.”


February 7

I just realized I only have a week to get Jack something for Valentine’s Day!

February 8

I saw an article I the paper by Teal’c’s astrology column. When he was done I grabbed it and ran back to my office to make some phone calls and I did it! Now I just need to lie in supplies. Oh, I hope Jack likes him!

February 9

Teal’c got on my case today about not telling him. Geez, does the whole base know now? Even people in the halls gave me dirty looks. Think I might be coming down with something. I feel awful. But if anyone asks I’ll just say that “I’m fine”. I don’t want anyone to worry.

February 10

Had to come back from the mission early. Don’t really even recall it though. I was sick as a dog and out cold for most of it. When I came to in the infirmary the first thing I saw was Jack looking at me with concern. He said I was delirious and needed to go back to sleep. It didn’t make much sense at the time, but I’m pretty certain he was holding my hand under the sheet, not that I minded it.

February 11

Jack snuck some coffee into the infirmary for me. He says he’ll talk to the doctor about letting me go into his care. He knows how much I hate this place. I have to go get some rest.

February 12

The doctor says I can go home if Jack watches me. Thank goodness, I’m glad to get out of here.

Jack’s been great considering I fell asleep in his lap! Remember how I said I’ve got it bad? Scratch that I’m a goner. I think he was playing with my hair before I fell asleep.

February 13

I managed to sneak a call to Sam to pick up the supplies and Jack’s present to bring them over here. I managed to stay awake all day but Jack wants me to conserve my energy so he insisted I lay down anyway. I scored lap again!

February 14

I woke up to coffee in bed, a gourmet coffee basket waiting for me downstairs and chocolate roses. We drove up to Denver for the afternoon show then back just in time for Jack’s present, a purebred German Sheppard retired police dog. Jack loved him! Speaking of which Jack said he loves me and gave me a promise ring when I said I loved him too. He says he’ll wait but he’s going to retire and wants me to move in! I just love winter holidays!

This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/keikokin/viewstory.php?sid=34.