Shock Value by Keikokin (PG)
Sentinel xover story; SG-1 has to submit to a lie detector. Jack has to call on an old friend to find out what Daniel said.

Categories: The Sentinel/Stargate SG-1
Characters:
Genres: First Time
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3
Word count: 16208 - Hits: 11707
Complete?: Yes - Published: 02/01/06 - Last Updated: 02/01/06

1. Part 1 by Keikokin

2. Part 2 by Keikokin

3. Part 3 by Keikokin



Part 1 by Keikokin
Word Count: 14,654
Thanks to Nefernat for the language help!
##################################################







“Is this really necessary?” General Hammond asked hopefully.

“I’m afraid it is. For National Security, I’m sure you understand. There only needs to be one commanding officer present. As long as they all pass they can stay on the team.” The President concluded.

“Yes, sir. I understand sir.” General Hammond hung up the phone and sighed.

“Colonel O’Neill assemble your team in the briefing room immediately,” the General got up and made his way to the briefing room as Jack went hurriedly to gather his team.

Major Carter was the first to sit down, followed by Teal’c and Jack arrived soon after with Doctor Jackson behind him with a cup of coffee in his hand. The General cut right to it. “You have to all submit to a lie detector test for National Security reasons. If you pass you stay on the team, if you fail you are automatically off SG1.”

"What?” Jack sat forward.

“But sir those lie detector tests are highly inaccurate!” Major Carter exclaimed. Teal’c frowned and Doctor Jackson wiped up the coffee he spit across the table.

“That’s why we’ve been allowed to borrow the machine that Anise used for that purpose. It’s ready and waiting.” The General said.

“Oh not again,” Jack groaned.

“Report to the infirmary, dismissed,” the General glared at them all then stopped the Colonel on the way out of the briefing room. “Jack, there only needs to be one superior officer present. You can interview your own team. There is no need to record it all down. “He pressed a list of questions into his hand that was attached to a clipboard. Jack nodded and made to leave the room then stopped.

“Just so you know sir, I think this is a really bad idea. If any of those people lie they have a damn good reason.” Colonel O’Neill looked fit to be tied.

“Understood Jack. This order comes from the President. I have no say in the matter,” the General looked toward the door and getting the hint Jack left.

Major Carter and Teal’c went first with no complications. Jack was relieved. More so that Major Carter seemed to no longer harbor any feelings toward him then anything. Then Daniel entered next looking nervous.

“Easy Daniel. It will be over shortly.” Jack tried to reassure him but Daniel still looked uptight.

“Let’s just get this over with Jack.” Daniel closed his eyes as he sat back in the chair.

“Name.”

“Daniel Jackson, PhD.”

“What is your function on the team?”

“To decipher alien languages, act as interpreter, head negotiations and bring back valuable artifacts when I can, for further investigation.”

“How do you get along with your team members?”

“Fine.”

“How do you feel about Major Carter and what do you think of her as a team member?

“She’s sort of like a sister to me. The team would be lost without her. She’s incredibly brilliant.”

“How do you feel about Teal’c and what do you think of him as a team member?”

“He reminds me of the guy I paid in High school so I wouldn’t get beaten up.” They both laughed. “He’s a good friend. I don’t think the SGC realizes how valuable he is.”

“Okay Daniel and what about yours truly?”

“You’re a great team leader and seem to have a good sixth sense about people.”

“You missed part of the question there Daniel.”

“No I didn’t”

Jack bit the inside of his lip as he watched the machine show Daniel was hiding something. “Daniel the machine isn’t a happy camper. What’s up? Do we have a problem?”

“No sir, we don’t have a problem.” The machine continued to show Daniel was hiding something.

“Daniel I really don’t want to lose you as a team member.”

Jack said nervously. “If you hate my guts just tell me.”

“No sir, I don’t hate your guts.”

“Well you got half credit there, Danny. You don’t hate my guts, but you are still hiding something.”

“Look can we just move on to the next damn question?”

Jack looked over his shoulder glad to see no one was watching. “Daniel it’s just you and me. I don’t have to record the answers just say that you told the truth or not. So spill or I’m going to have to get someone to replace you. I hear Blair Sandburg is good.”

Daniel laughed. “I know Blair’s work and his studies don’t encompass Egyptology.”

“Come on Daniel what’s up? Just whisper it, say it in another language if you have to just tell me. “

Daniel sighed and looked away. “Ik hou van je.”

“Okay, whatever. You can go now, but Daniel I’d like to talk to you about this sometime.”

Daniel looked over his shoulder at him as he left. “No Jack, you don’t.”

Jack reported back to a relieved General Hammond that SG1 was good to go. Then he returned to his office to make a phone call.

A voice crackled to life over the line, “Cascade PD, Whom do you wish to be connected to and who shall I say is calling?”.
“Detective Ellison please, tell him it’s Colonel Jack O’Neill, US Air Force.” There was a moment of silence then the phone was picked up again.

“Jack!”

“Jim!”

“You old son of a gun. How the hell are you Jack?”

“Okay. When are you coming down for skiing? I can put you up.”

“Forget the skiing with your knees. How about I just come down and we can knock back a few brews?”

“Great. Say Jim, you still deal with that long haired rock lover?”

“Sandburg? Yeah, he’s right here why?”

“Let me talk to him a second. I’ve got a question for him and bring him along when you come. I’ve got a friend that he can hang with while you’re down.”

“Okay how’s next weekend?”

“Great buddy. Put him on would you?”

“Hello, this is Blair Sandburg.”

“Hi this is Jack O’Neill. I need to ask you a favor.”

“Anything for a friend of Jim’s.”

“Great, I need a translation on something.”

“Well I know a little bit here and there. If I don’t know it I’ll find out for you.”

“Okay what does…” Ik hou van je.” mean?

“Oh wow, that’s Dutch I’ll have to look it up for you. Hold on.”

“Hey, you’re taking Sandburg away from his work here Jack. That’ll cost you.”

“So what’s new?” Jack laughed. “What’s your brain child doing?”

“Checking on the internet. Why didn’t you look it up first Jack?”

“I suck at spelling okay? Just tell me what the hell it means.”

“Why is this so important buddy? Doesn’t the Air Force have a translator in Colorado?”

“Actually, Jackson is probably the best in the world. Who the hell do you think threw me the curve ball?”

Jim laughed, “Hey Jack you have a real hot inning going here. Is your translator cute?”

“What the hell does that have to do with anything?” Jack asked getting wound up now.

“Sandburg just translated it Jack. It’s Dutch for, “I love you.”

………”Jack you still there?

……….”Hey Jack you okay?”

…”Uh yeah, call me when you get in.” Jack hung up the phone and stared into space.

A knock at the door interrupted his thoughts. “Come in Carter.”

“How did you know it was me sir?”

“Lucky guess.”

“So did we all pass? Is SG1 staying together?” Jack got up, closed the door and did a quick bug sweep. “Is there something wrong sir?”

“Carter have you noticed anyone acting oddly toward me?”

“Oddly? What do you mean sir?”

“Strange, moony like?”

“No sir.” Jack began to pace back and forth. Major Carter frowned. “Sir you never answered my questions. Is SG1 staying together? Did we all pass?”

“I’ll get back to you on that.”

“Sir?”

“Dismissed Carter, oh and this conversation never happened, got that?”

“Um, yes sir.” Frowning Major Carter left the office as the phone rang.

“Jack?”

“Jim? Didn’t I just hang up on you?”

“Hey I wanted to make sure you weren’t out killing someone, cop you know?”

“Yeah, I know.”

“Talk to me Jack.”

“Call the cell phone 432-125-6789 okay?”

“Copy that.”

Jack hung up the phone and dug his cellular phone out of his jacket just as it rang.

“Okay Jack what’s going on that I have to call on a private line?”

“That ball player?”

“Yeah.”

“Has balls.”

“And?”

“And? Isn’t that enough??”

“Wow never knew you were a homophobe Jack.”

“I’m not, it’s just… jeez Jim. I’m career military. People over look what happens in war not in the office.”

“SO you like him.”

"I never said that.”

“Okay so you don’t.”

“Oh hell Jim I don’t know what to think. For crying out loud I’m Special Ops you think I would have seen it coming!”

“Well too late for that now. So as I see it you have a couple of options. A- Pretend it never happened. B- Ignore the guy C- Ship him off to another CO or D-Try to figure out how you feel about him. Oh, and E- You can out him. Let’s run through them. Think you can pretend it never happened?"

“Who do you think I am Robert Redford?”

“Okay, scratch that. Can you manage to avoid and just ignore him?”

“No, he’s on my damn team.”

“Right, can you ship him off to another CO? At least until things cool down for you?”

“I’d need a damn good excuse and the guy is smart he’s bound to put two and two together.”

“What would happen if you out him?”

“Besides lose a friend? He might get a speech since he’s a civilian.”

“You said he’s your friend right?”

“So?”

“Maybe you should just talk to him. “

“Hell Jim what would I say?”

“You could let him down easy. How about ‘you’re one of my best buddies and I don’t want to risk that. I hope we can stay friends.”

“Wow, have you been rolling in corn fields Jim?”

“Get bent O’Neill, I’m trying to help here. Look I talked to Blair and we can move it up to this Friday. Think you can manage the situation for that long?”

“What day is it? Thursday? Yeah, I think I can.”

“Good, so in the meantime just go about your normal business and try like hell not to hurt him okay? I mean the poor guy must be a mental case.”

“How you figure?”

“Well he just told his CO he loves him and he’s in love with YOU. What more proof do you need?”

“Very funny Ellison, just get your ass down here as soon as you can okay?”

Jack shut the phone hard in consternation. What the hell was he to do? He began to wish he’d never found out what Daniel had said. His mind flashed back to the first time he’d seen Doctor Daniel Jackson. He was younger then, innocent, wide-eyed and naïve. He’d seen his fair share of death and destruction, been tortured and killed for the cause.

They had bonded over the years, learned to trust, plus had their fare share of fights and some good times too. He’d grown from thinking Daniel was a geek who would get them all killed to admiring him and knowing he’d lay down his life for any of them. Of course, Jackson had proved that when he took a hit for him back on Abydos. When had it turned to more than friendship?

How many times had he come to in the infirmary to see Daniel looking worried and scared at his side? There were more times then he could count where he’d been the one to need the comforting after a mission. Not that he’d ever let Teal’c or Carter see it, but even though he tried not to let Daniel see it - he had. There were moments he swore that Daniel had read his mind with no more than a look. It was only with Daniel that he could spend hours with never a word spoken and it was comfortable, not uneasy.

Damnit Daniel was his friend. He didn’t want to lose that. Jack hung his head. Ellison was right. Daniel was probably ripping out his hair. How much had it cost him to admit his feelings? It showed how much he wanted to be on SG1 that he had even done it. Daniel might have loved him for a long time, but he had never endangered the team over it - not once. Would Daniel have ever had admitted how he felt if not for that damn test?

He had given Daniel the go-ahead to know he would speak the truth, even if in another language and Daniel had trusted him by saying what was in his heart. Jack had betrayed that by going behind his back to find out the meaning of what Daniel had said. He wouldn’t betray Daniel further by having it cost them their friendship. Ellison had said that he should go about business as usual. Jack sighed, there was a reason why they’d stayed friends all these years. Ellison’s voice could always talk him down and reason with him.

So what was business as normal? Jack looked at his watch. It was almost time to go on home on a Thursday. He picked up his coat and headed toward Daniel’s office and knocked on the door.

“Yeah come in,” Daniel’s voice sounded muffled. Jack entered to see the man’s head was on the desk with his arms covering his head.

“Daniel?” Jack asked softly. With a soft groan Daniel raised his head and put his glasses back on. “Are we on for Friday night pizza and a movie? I have a friend coming in from out of town that I’d like you to meet. And his friend is a right up your alley.” A smile covered Daniel’s face with hope and Jack’s chest clenched when he realized Daniel had been crying. “That is if you want to, but Sandburg is into rocks and stuff too.”

“Sandburg? Blair Sandburg?” Daniel gasped. “One of your friends knows Blair Sandburg? I thought you were kidding earlier.”

“Uh, yeah that’s the rock lover’s name. He’s a good friend with my old buddy Jim Ellison. So are we on?”

“Are you sure you want me around with your friend coming over?” Daniel asked looking down.


“Yeah Danny, why wouldn’t I? Jack smiled and pointed at his watch. “Time to go home Dannyboy.” He got up grabbed Daniel’s leather coat and tossed it at him. As the two friends walked out of the base side by side Jack realized it felt right to still have Daniel’s friendship. “So we on for our usual Friday night?” Daniel smiled and nodded. “Goodnight Danny, see you tomorrow.” As Jack walked to his truck he silently thanked Ellison for his good advice.

Friday was a nightmare. From the time Jack stepped foot on base, everything that could go wrong - did. At long last he hid in his office, his head hurt and his stomach was growling. He was beginning to think getting out of bed had been a very bad idea. A knock came at the door and Jack pretended not to hear but the door opened. Daniel stuck his head around the door. “Is it safe?”

“Get in here! Don’t let anyone see you!” Jack pointed to the door.

A grinning Daniel entered with a tray of food, quickly shutting the door behind him. “Hey, I thought I heard your stomach growling.”

“Daniel you’re the best,” Jack took the food with a childlike grin seeing a bowl of fruit loops, chocolate milk and a Twinkie.

“I hope I covered all the food groups.” Daniel smirked. “Oh, and I brought this too.” He set down a bottle of aspirin. With a wink he turned to leave the office.

“Hey, Danny,” the archeologist turned with a raised eyebrow,” thanks.” Daniel smiled and locked the door behind him.

As Jack ate he understood why Daniel never told him that he loved him. It was because the younger man showed him through his actions all the time. His consideration, protection and understanding were always right there. Jack shook his head as he tried to figure out what Daniel saw in him but smiled as he realized what a gift he’d been given.

Some days just never get better and this was no exception. The To’kra came to visit with yet another gizmo to try out. It was a necklace this time instead of a bracelet and Doctor Frazier demanded to test this one first. This was a fortunate move since it short-circuited putting off enough voltage to kill anyone. Of course the To’kra had insisted it was the fault of SGC.

They finally left but tensions were running high. SG-3 had been late coming in and when they came through the gate with a new element the Stargate locked up with the iris half open and half closed. So Carter and some others would be working ‘round the clock to try and get that fixed.

The only good thing to come out of the whole miserable day was General Hammond announcing they’d have a few days R & R as the gate was finished. He suggested to Jack he catch up on his reports. Jack rolled his eyes but obligingly began to work on the paperwork he’d procrastinated on doing.

Daniel knocked on the door before entering his office, arriving this time with sandwiches and drinks. “This is becoming a habit,” Jack groaned yet flashed a tired smile at Daniel.

“Just leave a tip at the checkout,” Daniel quipped in return as they ate their lunch. After a few minutes Daniel said, “You know you are forgetting something, your buddy is coming in today?”

“Man it will be good to see Ellison,” Jack sighed. “I miss the old bastard.”

“Wow, if that’s what you call your old friends I’d hate to hear what your co-workers!” Daniel shook his head.

“Well, in your case a best friend,” Jack said easily. Daniel visibly relaxed.

“So should I be worried about your talk about replacing me with Blair Sandburg and he’s coming? Am I still on the team Jack?”

“No worries, about either. SGC is staying together.”

“Where is your friend coming in from?”

“Cascade, Oregon. He’s a cop.”

“That’s a hell of a drive,” Danny frowned.

“Jim will probably fly down and grab a car when he gets here.”

“He knows how to fly?”

“Military, it’s how we met….a lifetime ago.” Jack sighed. “SO how do you know Sandburg?”

“I read his work on Peruvian Sentinels, fascinating stuff.” Daniel was about to launch into lecture mode but caught himself in time.

“Go ahead Danny. I could use a good story as a break from the day.” Jack leaned back in his chair, lacing his fingers behind his head.

Daniel smiled and began to tell the tale. “Sandburg said that to every generation this tribe had a Sentinel and a Guide that helped protect the it. They still believe a Sentinel and its guide is born every lifetime. Some of the villagers believed that it was the same pair back over and over again. The Sentinel had incredible senses that could hear, see, smell, touch and taste more acutely and keenly then any normal human being.”

Jack’s face dropped, “Holy shit.”

“Yeah, talk about the perfect protector! Imagine being able to tell a tribe that danger was coming two miles off or knowing someone was lying because his heartbeat began to race.”

“These Sentinels, are they only born in Peru?” Jack whispered. Daniel’s face could have lit the office he was so happy to finally be able to talk to Jack about something that fascinated him and have him pay attention.

“No, in fact according to Blair’s theory there could be one born anywhere in the world and never know it. But without their Guide they would be lost and have incredible difficulty harnessing their unique gifts, that’s where the Guide comes in to play. The Sentinel could get so lost in his senses without a Guide that he would have periods that would seem to the outsider as if they had zoned out. I had thought he actually found one but then …”

“Then what?” Jack replied.

“He came forward at a press conference and said that none of it was true. He destroyed his own career, making himself out to be a fraud.” Daniel hung his head shoving his hands deeply into his pockets. He and Blair Sandburg really had a lot in common. Neither one could show their faces in academia.

“Do you believe that Danny?” Daniel looked up in surprise at the question.

“No, I think he found what he was looking for and for whatever reason covered it up. I can hardly wait to talk to him about it!” Daniel sat back then took a good look at Jack’s face. “What’s wrong?”

Jack took out a scrapbook from his desk and handed it to Daniel. “Go on, open it and tell me what you think.”

Daniel frowned and opened it to find newspaper clippings filled with tales of Jack’s friend Jim Ellison the super cop of the Cascade PD. Some of the criminal arrests seemed too incredible for an average cop, and in several of the photos there stood his partner Blair Sandburg.

There were also pictures of Jim and Jack in the military with clippings of Jim’s heroic deeds. Little notes accompanied some of the pictures where Jack had written ‘heard the enemy a mile off’ and ‘don’t know how he saw it coming’ or ‘knew it was poison’. Daniel closed the book and Jack could see the gears clicking along. “Jack you don’t suppose your friend Jim is a Sentinel do you?”

“Yeah, Danny I do. And if he is, I’d bet ten bucks that Sandburg is his Guide.”

****************
In the meantime, hundreds of miles away a similar conversation was going on aboard a small private plane.
“What did you say the name of this guy is who is love with Jack?” Blair asked trying not to look out the window.

“Um Jackson, and Jack said he was probably the best translator in the world.” Jim shrugged as he flew the small plane.

“No, no way man! Doctor Daniel Jackson?? What the fuck is he doing on a military base? Unless… no way no fucking way!”

“Blair you know this guy?”

“I know of him. Damn Jim, Doctor Daniel Jackson is brilliant! But he’s mainly an archeologist. He’s a die hard Egyptologist, wound up a laughing stock and disappeared off the damn map man.”

“Laughing stock?”

“Dr. Jackson said the pyramids of Egypt were like thousands of years older than the Egyptian civilization.”

“Then who built them?” Jim asked in confusion.

“See that’s the thing, he didn’t know who but there were rumors flying that it was built by aliens according to Jackson. That’s what destroyed his reputation. I heard he lost his research grant, his apartment like everything.”

“Aliens? In Egypt?” Jim laughed.

“Hey man, think about it. Atlantis, the Mayans, the Aztecs and the Egyptians were all way more advanced then they should have been! They had technology we still don’t understand and maybe never will!”

“So you think he was onto something?” Jim frowned.

“Oh, hell yeah, but then he vanished. I thought maybe he went on a dig somewhere. But he wound up in the military? That makes no sense he’s a scholar not a soldier, a real pacifist.”

“Unless there was some truth to what he said and they are shutting him up.” Jim reasoned.

“Hmm, Dr. Jackson said that there should have been something found on the Gaza Plateau to explain how the technology came to be. What if something was found and the military got their mitts on it?” Blair was really looking forward to meeting Doctor Jackson.

“And they needed the best Egyptologist they could lay their hands on to decipher it? I don’t know it’s kind of far fetched.” Jim’s forehead furrowed.

“But Jim, why would the military need an Egyptologist unless they had something too important for the public to know about?”

“Well, you’ve got me there Chief. It has to be big, really big. Jack does work at Cheyenne Mountain and it’s the tightest facility the Air Force has available, besides Area 51. It’s built over a missile silo.”

“Wow man, you mean Area 51 really exists?”

“Yeah chief it does. You forget I have top clearance, and with buddies in high places like O’Neill you hear things even if you aren’t supposed to.”

“Cool!” With his curiosity temporarily satisfied and his brain working on a thousand things at once Blair sat back to close his eyes. “You know I heard Doctor Jackson is like drop dead gorgeous too. Jack should consider himself lucky.”

Jim smiled at Blair as he thought,’ I know I am pretty lucky to have you Chief.”

************************************************
Daniel was in his office trying to get some work done while staying out of the madhouse that tended to be characteristic of a Friday at the SGC. But he was having a hard time concentrating. Deciding on a small mental health break he made himself a cup of coffee and stared into space. It was becoming more and more typical that Daniel needed to allow himself such small breaks. Of course, it all traced down to a certain brown eyed Colonel O’Neill.

The archeologist had been horrified to discover he would have to tell O’Neill of his true feelings in order to stay on the SGC. Yet, some deity must have smiled on him to have O’Neill come up with the idea that he should just say it in another language.

Part of him had wanted to simply scream it out from the rooftops but the saner, level headed Daniel knew that would mean the end of his career at Cheyenne Mountain. More importantly it would be the end of his friendship with Colonel O’Neill. Daniel sighed, if only…he shook himself out of his romantic ideals that the Colonel would ever reciprocate his feelings.

It had been such a godsend when Jack had showed up in his office not long after the test, business as usual. Daniel had been crying over the whole aggravating situation, thinking his life at the SGC was over when the man strolled into his office. In fact Daniel had felt so much better he had been going perhaps a tad over the top bringing him two meals in one day. Daniel frowned.

This was a military base and he had to be careful not to overstep the bounds of friendship no matter how deeply and hopelessly in love with the Colonel he was. Inhaling deeply of his coffee he closed his eyes to picture what it would be like once, just once to have Jack smile at him, lean over and kiss him.

“Wow Daniel, I’ve never seen anyone worship a cup of coffee like you do,” Major Samantha Carter had entered, unannounced and plopped into a chair. So much for daydreaming about Jack; he only hoped he wasn’t blushing. “Did the Colonel tell you how the tests went, because he wouldn’t tell me.”

Daniel smiled inwardly that he had the one up on the beautiful blonde that he’d been jealous of for years. After all it certainly seemed that she and the Colonel had an affair going on behind the scenes. “As far as I could tell everything is just fine Sam, no worries.”

The blonde nodded, looking like a great weight of worry had just lifted from her shoulders. “So you and he having your usual Friday night get together of pizza and videos?”

“Actually yes and actually Jack has friends coming into town that I’m looking forward to meeting.” Sam perked up at this bit of news it was certainly unusual for the Colonel to ever stray from his routine at home. It seemed to be one of the things he demanded in his life - repetition and habit.

“Oh really? Who is it? Do I know them?” Sam’s green eyes sparkled with curiosity.

“I don’t know Sam. Jack’s friend is a Jim Ellison with the Cascade Police Department. He’s bringing a friend that I am REALLY looking forward to meeting, Blair Sandburg. Blair is a brilliant man, anthropologist and can ….”

Sam laughed. “You’re kidding me right, two geniuses, a cop and a Colonel? Glad I wasn’t invited.” She rolled her eyes at what she thought of the pairings and possible
conversation. “Well, see you Monday Daniel. I’ve got a date.” She wiggled her eyebrows, no doubt inviting comment but Daniel had gone back to his paperwork, clearly not interested.

“Huh, oh yeah, see you Monday Sam. Have fun,” Daniel waved looking up just a moment to see her smile and shake her head before she slammed the door. Frowning, Daniel wondered at all the dates Samantha had been having lately. There were rumors starting around base and they weren’t very kind. With little enthusiasm he dug back into his mountainous paperwork.

Jack had been watching the clock for the last two hours counting down until he could leave the base. He’d made headway on the reports the General had ‘hinted’ he do and he was feeling rather accomplished at the result. Now instead of a full inbox the outbox was half full. He looked again at the clock.

“Thank god!’ Jack jumped up with energy he was sure had been sucked out of him by the evil paper dragon. He grabbed his coat, locked the door and made his way quickly to Daniel’s office. The archaeologist cum linguist was hard at work on a translation and didn’t even hear Jack come in. Jack snuck around to the back of Daniel’s desk waiting to see when he’d be noticed. He got right up the desk and leaned over within a breath of Daniel. “Time to go Dannyboy,” Jack whispered.

“JACK!” Daniel shouted knocking over his papers. Shaking his head Jack leaned over to help him pick up the papers. “Damn I never heard you come in,” Daniel gasped. As they reached down to pick up the rest Jack’s hand lightly brushed over Daniel’s by accident. They both looked at each other and were inches away from each other.

Daniel stared into Jack’s eyes and lost himself, he licked his lips nervously unable to look away. Jack smiled and for a brief moment wondered what it would be like to kiss Daniel when he remembered the security cameras. Clearing his throat he picked up the rest and laid them on Daniel’s desk.
“I didn’t mean to spook you. Sorry about that,” Jack said as a means of apology. He turned his back and grabbed Daniel’s coat.

Daniel whispered,” Ik wou dat je me zoende.” (I wish you would kiss me.)

“What did you say?” Jack asked trying desperately to commit it to memory. “Danny did you say something?”

“Never mind Jack, it’s not important. Are we just taking your truck?” Daniel asked with a sigh taking his coat from Jack as he shut down his computer.

“Yeah, that sounds good,” Jack tried to hide his disappointment that Daniel wouldn’t tell him what he’d said. But Jack was satisfied he’d committed it to memory. Maybe he could get Sandburg to find out what it meant. Then his mind turned to that split second where he’d thought about kissing Daniel.

Did he really want to kiss Daniel? Was he ready for the consequences? How would it affect their friendship? He put his hands deeply into his pockets as they walked out of the SGC together, heading for his truck lost in thought.

He didn’t say a word on the way to his house. Driving on autopilot he was surprised when they arrived. He got out and let them both into the house. Daniel bit his lower lip with concern before asking, “Jack, you okay?”

“Yeah, it’s been a long day. I guess I kind of got lost in thought.” Jack shrugged letting them both inside.

“So how long has it been since you’ve seen Jim?” Daniel asked walking over to look out the back windows of the house at the Colorado mountains.

“Damn,” Jack said aloud as he counted up the years. “Ten years? Has it been that long? I suppose it has. Hell.”

“But you can just talk to him like it was yesterday? Wow. It must be nice to have that kind of connection with someone. Is he married?”

“No. He’s a happy bachelor. Jim can catch women almost as easy as you.” Jack chuckled. “So how come I haven’t seen you dating anyone lately?”

“Maybe because there aren’t any more Goa’uld’s on the planet? You know my track record. Women are like a bad rash. They look nice but you get too close and you get infected. If you scratch it then it just gets worse.” Daniel made his way into the kitchen to start the coffee maker.
“I didn’t realize you’d gotten so bitter. Not that I’d really blame you. Speaking of dates, have you, um, heard anything about Carter?”

“You still sweet on her Jack?” Daniel turned away and held himself. “From what I hear you have competition. You better claim her now.”

“No Danny, I’m not.” Jack reached out and put a hand on Daniel’s shoulder. “I am concerned with how it reflects on the team. It won’t look good for promotions for her either. Are you upset about the rumors?”

Daniel turned. “I thought that you and Sam…” Jack shook his head as the phone rang.

“Jack? Can you tell me how to get there from the airport?” Jim’s voice crackled over a cell phone.

“Sure Jim,” Jack said loudly for Daniel’s sake.

Daniel sat down on the couch to think as Jack guided his guests toward the house. So Jack wasn’t interested in Sam. Major Carter was out of the picture. No worrying about Jack and Sam running off together, Daniel felt a huge grin cover his face. This was good news.

He relived the moment in the office again imagining they had kissed. The smile on his face got bigger. He covertly watched Jack get excited about their visitors. The Colonel was rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet while getting beer out of the refrigerator. His brown eyes twinkled and Daniel began to wonder if he and Sandburg would be babysitting two oversized troublemakers. Daniel was getting excited too at the prospect of being able to talk about the trade with Sandburg. He hoped Blair felt the same.

Jack got off the phone with Jim and beamed at Daniel. “They’re pulling up. Are you going to be okay? You look a bit nervous.”

“Yes Jack I’m fine.” Jack made a face at this. Daniel said that when his leg was broken and in agony. “Really Jack, please go answer the door.” Jack half skipped over to the door and was instantly bowled over by a man that looked like he could tackle a football player.

Jim Ellison was tall, strong and sturdy looking. It was easy to believe he was one cop you didn’t want to tangle with. Daniel smiled as he watched the two friends go from hugging to wrestling and giving each other pats on the back that could knock over a statue. From around this scene Daniel saw a curly, brunet struggling to get by.

Daniel went over and helped move the man away the two by the door.

“Wow, thanks man!” The handsome young man with sparkling blue eyes and curly beautiful brown hair instantly entranced Daniel. “Doctor Jackson I presume?”

“Daniel. You must be Blair Sandburg. It’s nice to finally meet you.” Daniel gave what he hoped was his best smile.
Blair cocked a thumb at the two old friends. “You do realize we have babysitting duty right?”

“Hey!” Jack yelled in protest before Jim pinned him to the floor then was flipped back over by Jack. The two younger men looked away.

“So I see. Can I get you something to drink? There’s beer, wine…”

“Oh wow, wine? All Jim ever gets is beer. That sounds great,” Blair grinned and followed Daniel out to the kitchen.

“Jack’s a beer hound too. The wine is for when he knows I’m going to be around,” Daniel poured out a glass for Blair then filled one for himself. The sounds of something breaking diverted their attention.

“Oh for crying out loud you over grown horse, get off me!” Jack shoved Jim off, got up and looked really upset. Daniel brought out dust pan for the glass but stopped short as he saw Jack’s face. Suddenly Daniel understood; it was a picture of Charlie.

“Is the picture damaged?” Daniel asked in his softest tone.

“No,’ Jack said with emotion.

"I'll swap it out with another frame,” Daniel pried it gently from Jack’s hands. They exchanged a look that spoke volumes. Daniel gently patted Jack on the shoulder and went to look for another frame.

“I’m sorry Jack,” Jim said softly. Jack nodded, inhaling deeply and grabbed his beer. Blair looked at Jim quizzically and the bigger man gave a minute shrug of his head indicating that they would discuss it later.

“So, Sandburg right?” Jack pasted a smile on his face as he held out a hand to Blair.

Blair nodded. “Yeah sorry I slipped in my Jim caretaking duties. I’ll spank him later. But you know him he’d probably enjoy it too much.”

“Chief!” Jim protested with a grin on his face.

End Part 1

Part 2 by Keikokin
Part 2

Jack’s eyes went wide and he pulled Blair to the side. “Hey I have something else that needs translated.” Blair nodded eager to know what Daniel let slip this time.” Ik wou dat je me zoende.” Jack pointed to a laptop on the table then patted him on the back. “Thanks.”

“Pretty boy throw another curve?” Jim asked pulling Jack off to the side. Jack nodded, watching Blair intently as he began the translation. “I’ll go stall.”

Jack patted him on the arm before Jim went in search of Daniel. It only took a few rooms before he found him swapping the picture of Charlie out with a picture of a fishing trip. “I forgot what a good looking kid he was.” Jim said softly not wanting to upset the young man.

“I wish I had met him. He must have been a great kid. Jack has problems even saying his name.” Daniel looked up at the big man. Jim gave what he hoped to be a remorseful yet friendly look.

“By the way, I’m Jim Ellison. Jack talks pretty highly of you Jackson. I don’t envy you having to work with him; I know what he’s like.”

“Hi, you can call me Daniel. He’s a great guy, but I’m not telling you anything. I sure wouldn’t want to do the kind of work we do without Jack protecting our six.” Daniel smiled just talking about Jack and Jim saw the love in his eyes. He took a good look at Daniel. The man was in his thirties, muscular and very good-looking. Why was Jack hesitating? Jim would give the world to have Blair tell him that he loved him in any language.

“You must be close. I was surprised he let go of that picture. Or that he wanted me to meet anybody new. Blair was pretty excited to meet you.” Jim gave a big smile and Daniel saw him light up at the mention of Blair.

“Does he know that you love him?” Daniel whispered with a smile.

“Wow, does it show?” Jim asked with concern.

"Let’s say it takes one to know one.” Daniel shrugged.

“So do I need to ask what your intentions are toward Jack?” Jim teased. Daniel laughed and felt himself blush. “If we get the chance maybe we can help each other, Daniel.”

Daniel’s face fell. “You have a better chance than I do. Jack is career military, you know that Jim. Besides he’s not interested.”

Jim put an arm around Daniel. “Jack hasn’t seen me in a decade. If he wants me to suddenly meet you it must be serious. The last person I met was his wife. Don’t give up on Jack, he needs you more than his stubbornness will let him admit -no doubt.” Daniel looked up at the man with hope, fear and sadness in his eyes.

Jim gave him a smile and they walked back out into the living room where Jack and Blair had just read the translation. Jack was looking at the computer with a huge smile on his face. Blair was looking up at him with an equally huge smile. Daniel felt Jim’s arm tighten convulsively around his shoulder and Daniel felt his chest squeeze at the sight.

Blair looked at them first immediately sensing something was wrong with his Sentinel. “Hey guys, are we ready to order pizza yet? I’m like seriously starving here.’

Daniel felt Jim relax and slid out from under his arm to set the picture down, this time on the mantle. Jack patted Daniel on the back and handed him his wine glass. He looked up to see the famous O’Neill smile shinning down at him and wanted nothing more than to kiss him senseless. Instead he looked down. “Well, I like mushrooms, pepperoni basically anything but onions and anchovies.”

“THANK YOU MAN!” Blair cheered. “I knew I liked you Daniel!” Jack and Jim both grimaced. Blair laughed. “Okay one pizza for us and one for the men in uniform?” Daniel now laughed.
Jack picked up the phone and placed the order as Blair sat on the floor followed by Daniel. Jim grabbed his beer and sank into the couch. “So how did …” both Daniel and Blair started then laughed.

“Uh-oh here we go. Jack, please tell me you get the game on cable?” Jim pleaded.

“You betcha!’ Jack grinned grabbed the remote and turned it onto the hockey game pre-show.

Daniel motioned toward the table so he and Blair could hear themselves think much less talk. “You first,” he motioned to Blair. “Ask away.”

“So how the hell did you wind up working for the military?” Blair blurted out.

“Technically, I’m a civilian consultant. I take it you heard about my fall from grace?” Daniel looked up and Blair nodded sympathetically making the hand gesture that he had fallen from academia as well. “Right, well just as I was thrown out of my apartment, my life in two suitcases a black car pulls up and that started my association with the Air Force. They needed some translation done, I got lucky and figured it out.”

“And?” Blair leaned forward eagerly. “What was it that is so Top Secret you are working at Cheyenne Mountain? It has to do with Egyptology and aliens doesn’t it?” Jack and Jim were at the table in a heartbeat.

“Daniel.” Jack said in his Colonel tone of voice.

“Chief,” Jim said in his deep cop tone.

“AWW now come on!!” Blair threw up his hands. “Look both of us took the fall no one else can understand what the other has been through like we can. There is NO ONE ELSE to talk to! Am I right Daniel or am I right man?”

“Jack, he has a point. But,” Daniel looked pointedly at Blair and Jim,” if we talk so do they.” Both Blair and Daniel looked up with matching puppy dog eyes.

“Kee-rist! Would you look at that? We are so dead. Why are we spending good money on bombers when we can make these two stare down the opposition until they feel so bad they give us whatever they want!?” Jack threw his arms into the air.

“You have to admit Jack they make a cute pair.” Jim chuckled. Encouraged, Blair took off Daniel’s glasses tossed his arm around his shoulders and they put on the pout full force cheek to cheek. “Damn O’Neill. You’re right we’re dead.”

Jack sighed before making the hand signal to sweep the room and the two men worked in perfect coordination checking the room thoroughly. Then they went systematically through the whole house. When every room was searched they returned to see the puppy dog faces had increased by the power of hope. The pizza arrived and it was quickly set at the table as Jack set the hockey game to record. They began to eat and talk.

Looking seriously at Jim then Blair Jack said,” National security issues are at stake here. I can and will have either of you arrested for mentioning any of this.”

“Well, if our secret gets out Jim and I will wind up on a dissection table.” Blair frowned.

“Sorry, but you have to go first. If I judge it as coming close then you can ask us questions. But I will not volunteer anything, got that?” Jack said in his commanding tone. Jim saluted and Blair smiled coming around to sit next to him.

“Do you remember my dissertation Daniel on Peruvian Sentinels?” Blair began so relieved to tell anyone he could have cried. “Jim is a Sentinel and I am his Guide.”

Jack howled and stuck out his hand to Daniel. “What did I tell you? Ten bucks, pay up now Dannyboy.”

Jim roared with laughter as Blair gasped. “You KNEW?”

Daniel shrugged. “We guessed. Jack remembered things about Jim from the time you had been together, before Blair. I knew about Blair’s theories. It was the only thing that made sense. Jack was the one that figured out you were Jim’s Guide, Blair.”

“Figures, flyboy graduated at the top of his class.” Jim laughed. “Combine the two of you and you could probably work your way out of life and death situations like it was child’s play.”

Jack put his hand on Daniel’s shoulder. “Not always, but we make a good team don’t we Danny?”

“Thanks Jack,” Daniel stared down shyly at his plate. “I always knew that dumb act was for show, but you would have figured it out without me, plus I endanger the team.”

“Figured what out? Daniel, were you right about the aliens, Egyptians and that something would link it together? Were you right about the age of the pyramids?” Blair blurted out and Jim put a hand on his shoulder in a mirror image of Jack.
“Easy there Chief. Give him a chance to talk?” Blair looked embarrassed and ate a slice of pizza as he waited.

Daniel looked at Jack who smiled. “Go ahead Danny; you deserve to be able to tell someone. I just wish we could blow all those eggheads away who made fun of you.”

Leaning forward eagerly Daniel whispered. “Yes, I was right about all of it. There were aliens who predated the Egyptians and built the pyramids as landing sites. An enormous artifact was found that the military needed translated but they couldn’t do it.”

“Danny here figured out what the supposed ‘experts’ couldn’t do in seven years plus! It took him twenty-four hours. We owe the entire program to him.” Jim smiled as he heard Daniel’s heart race with his Sentinel senses, at the praise Jack was lavishing on him. Blair’s heartbeat was elevated too, with excitement.

“Oh man!!! I knew it! What was it?” Blair was bouncing in his seat.

“A stable wormhole conductor that can travel to distant planets and galaxies in the blink of an eye,” Daniel whispered. “The artifacts are incredible. Untouched spread throughout the cosmos, people descended from human slaves and the cultures!”

They spent the rest of the dinner swapping stories of other worlds, crimes, aliens, and solving murders. “You know if you two ever get tired of police work I could get you into the program.” Jack offered.

Blair’s mouth dropped. “Oh man I would love it!”

“Blair you’d have to carry a weapon,” Jim reminded him. “You’d probably be killing on a daily basis.”

Blair looked crestfallen. “But Daniel learned how to do it.”
“Daniel had no choice. You still do. Well, what do you say Jim? Are you up for a hockey game?” Jack gestured toward the couch and the two men adjourned to watch the game as the two archeologists talked.

After a long time Daniel and Blair decided to go sit on the couch since it was more comfortable. Daniel fell asleep first slumping into Jack’s shoulder, and without thinking Jack put his arm around Daniel who sighed happily then began to lightly snore.

“So what did he say this time?” Jim asked quietly so as not to wake up Daniel.

“Ik wou dat je me zoende,” Blair whispered.

Jack’s face lit up. “It means… I wish you would kiss me. We had a bit of a close encounter today at work. I have to admit I actually thought about it.”

“So why didn’t you man?” Blair asked softly.

“Blair he’s career military, besides that place is probably crawling with security cameras. Jack would face dishonorable discharge, loss of his pension and a court martial.”

“No way, just for kissing someone?” Blair was incredulous.

“A man definitely,” Jack answered. “Daniel isn’t exactly military but it would cook my goose. If anything happened it would have to be kept secret. It could endanger the team, too.”

“Is that what stopped you?” Jim asked softly.

“I don’t really know. Ever since, well you know, I can’t seem to get him off my mind. Then tonight …well it made me, oh hell I don’t know. I’m not good with this feeling stuff.” Jack shrugged.

Jim was about to interrupt to tell them Daniel was waking back up when Blair said. “So even if you love Daniel you don’t stand a chance because you don’t think you could keep it secret?” Jim winced as he hear a sob choke in Daniels chest.

“It’s not fair to ask him to wait until I retire. Like I said I’m not good with this feeling stuff. I just know something is there between us.” Jack shrugged and Jim made sure to interrupt.

“Say Jack, why don’t you show Blair where we are bunking down?” Nodding Jack laid Daniel on the couch before showing Blair the bedrooms.

“Hey, you okay?” Jim asked softly brushing a tear off Daniel’s cheek as he came to sit next to where the man had curled up into a ball.

“Does it matter?” Daniel’s voice sounded strangled. Jim hauled Daniel into his arms and held him tightly, not once mentioning the fact his shirt was getting wet with hot tears. He looked up over Daniel’s head as he heard Blair approaching. Jack, he could hear was riffling through a closet for extra linens.

Blair took one look at Daniel crying in Jim’s arms and felt odd. Just as he was thinking on what was going on, quickly putting two and two together. He turned on his heel and Jim turned up his hearing. Blair found Jack pulling pillows off a top shelf. Jim heard the smack of flesh and guessed Blair must have hit Jack in the arm.

“Hey, what the hell was that for?” Jack groused.

“Daniel is out there sobbing his heart out. Jim’s trying to comfort him. You better do something Colonel or you will be looking for a new archaeologist and best friend.” Blair scolded. Jim smiled he’d been on the end of Blair’s rants. He could picture the fury coming off Blair in waves.

Next he heard the all too familiar sounds of Jack pacing. “What the hell can I do?”

“You just told us top secret stuff that is a matter of national security. The ceiling didn’t fall down, we don’t have MIB’s knocking at the door. I think if you can tell us that and get away with it you can manage to hide a relationship. Hell, it sounds like you two spend every weekend and down time together anyway. It should be you out there holding Daniel, not Jim. If you refuse to admit you love the guy at least continue to be his friend. “

Jim smiled. If he knew Jack he’d be out here in ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two…right on schedule a very determined Jack O’Neill walked into the room. He stood in front of Jim with his arms folded. “That’s my archaeologist you are wrapped around. You’ve got your own scientist, Ellison. Back off, and that’s an order.”

Pulling away slowly Jim looked into Daniel’s eyes to make sure it was okay to leave. But Daniel had looked up at Jack with tear filled blue eyes. “Your archaeologist?” Jack shoved Jim forcibly out of the way and brought Daniel into his arms.

“That’s right you have a problem with that Doctor Jackson?” the Colonel demanded. “Now cease and desist with the water works and prepare to be held all night long. You got that?”

Jim gave Jack the thumbs up and went to talk to Blair. If Jack could do it, maybe he could too. He could hear Blair’s blood pressure was elevated. Walking into the spare room he saw the angry fire in Blair’s eyes. “Before I get in trouble too, let me tell you Daniel isn’t the only one.”

“What?” Blair’s wind was knocked out of his sails. “Jim what do you mean?”

“I love you Chief. Now I don’t expect to hear you say it in return. All I want is to just be able to hold you tonight, if that’s acceptable?” He barely got the words out before he was tackled with a patented Blair bear hug. “I’ll take that as a ‘yes’.”

The Sentinel turned toward the hall hearing Jack and Daniel approaching. He nudged his Guide. Daniel laughed as he saw Jim with his arms wrapped around Blair. Jim smiled in return seeing the way Jack had his arm possessively around Daniel’s waist. Jack stopped and wrapped himself around Daniel from behind. Daniel sighed happily leaning back into Jack. Jim positioned Blair the same way and they all stood smiling like idiots for a minute before Jim broke the happy silence.

“You were right Jack I do have my own scientist to hold tonight,” Jim teased.

“Yeah, I bet they make damn good pillows,” Jack laughed. “I guess I don’t have to get any more linens out.”

“That’s a big negative Colonel,” Jim retorted.

“I’m sorry I came down on you so hard,” Blair offered Jack.

“So I have you to thank?” Daniel asked giving Jack a nudge to the ribs.

“Hey, I was there too ya’ know!” Jack protested.

Jim laughed. “Good night guys.”

“Good night,” the other three men chorused. Jack dropped a kiss to Daniel’s head and they continued down the hall, arm-in-arm.

Part 3 by Keikokin
“Daniel? You’re up early aren’t you?” Jack asked as he came downstairs to spy Daniel worshipping a cup of coffee.

“Yeah, I suppose,” Daniel replied thoughtfully.

“What’s wrong?” Jack asked nervously. It had made him very anxious to wake up to an empty bed.

“I just was wondering where we go from here Jack,” Daniel said softly.

Jack got himself a cup of coffee and sat next to Daniel on the couch. “Slowly. I’ve screwed up a lot of things in my life and I don’t want to add this to the list.”

Daniel smiled. “I can agree with that, which isn’t to say I think you’ve screwed up a lot of things in your life. It’s just I know I have.”

“Haven’t we all?” Jim said coming into the room with a sleepy Blair in tow. He poured them both a cup of coffee and pressed it into Blair’s hands.

“Date first,” Blair grunted into his coffee before gulping it down and getting a second cup. Daniel peered into his mug and got up for seconds.

“What is it with these academic types and coffee?” Jack asked Jim who just laughed softly in reply.

“For those of you that don’t speak Blair-grumble he suggests we have a date first.” Jim translated. “That and he’s mad at me for getting up.’

“Actually I think I’m in the proverbial doghouse for that too,” Daniel raised a hand. Blair took it as an invite and curled into Daniel’s chest as he stood there by the coffee maker.

Jack shook his head, got up, and peeled Blair off Daniel only to have an armful of Blair next. “Hey,” Jim protested with a smile.

“Cuddly aren’t you?” Jack said to Blair only to get a mumble in reply.

Jim got up and took possession next, to a contented sigh of “Jim.”

Feeling suddenly bereft Jack wrapped his arms around Daniel who sighed and snuggled into the warmth of his arms. “I could get used to this.” Jack said kissing the top of Daniel’s head.

“Good,” Daniel replied. Easing Daniel away from the coffee maker Jack eased him back to the couch.

“Hey Chief what’s with the date? We’ve all been together for years,” Jim groused.

“Aww, don’t be such a stick in the mud Ellison. It sounds kind of nice to me,” Jack rubbed his face into Daniel’s soft hair.

"Fine, where are we going to go? It’s not like we can really be cuddling in public,” Jim pointed out.

“Actually I have a copy of Out Traveler that listed a spa in the area. We could get some massages and then sit in the hot tubs. After all this is a vacation for you two isn’t it?” Daniel suggested. This suggestion was met enthusiastically with three groans of pleasure. “I’ll go make the call.” Daniel gave Jack a kiss on the cheek and left the room.

“Jack O’Neill blushing. I never thought I’d live to see the day,” Jim teased. “So are we going to chow down here or en route?”

“Neither,” Daniel said returning to the room. “They can squeeze us in if we get there pronto. And we can eat there, actually they prefer it since they have all natural meals that will purge us of chemical imbalances.”

“AWW Daniel do we have to?” Jack made a face and so did Jim, but Blair perked up.

“Daniel man that is so the ticket!” Blair beamed coming over to put an arm around Daniel. “Let’s go!”

Jim and Jack made faces, crossed their arms and locked their legs in place. “Uh-oh they’ve gone into stubborn mule mode. I guess they’ll have to be convinced to go.”

“Nothing is going to make me eat rabbit food!” Jack groused. Daniel winked at Blair and walked over to Jack. But Jack just looked fiercely resolute.

“Here’s a down payment on what you get if you go,” Daniel whispered. Blair didn’t hear it but Jim did and his eyebrows shot into his hairline at the bold statement. He didn’t figure Daniel for the type. Daniel leaned forward placing a hand on each side of Jack’s face and kissed him. Jack melted, wrapping his arms around Daniel pulling him closer. Jim could hear their hearts beating like mad and hoped Jack wouldn’t have a coronary. He was so mesmerized by watching Daniel and Jack devour each other he only noticed at the last minute Blair was moving in to kiss him. The Sentinel melted in his Guides passionate kiss. Jim had to turn down his hearing at the four hearts all beating wildly, including his own.

“Let’s go Jack,” Daniel whispered pulling away. Jack grinned wildly, nodding and grabbing his coat. Blair and Jim followed a minute later, and not another complaint was heard.

“OH man does that smell good!’ Jim said as they pulled up to the spa.

“Really? What do you smell Jim?” Blair coached.

“Mmm, pastries, breads, muffins, baked bananas, fresh turnovers, buckwheat and walnut pancakes…” Jim stared into space naming them all off.

“Hot damn, let’s go campers!” Jack cheered and they all piled out of the car.

The spa was a long building was on a well-landscaped lot, filled with winding paths, fountains and gardens. They walked into a foyer and were serenaded by a light new age music. Daniel pointed out a rainbow flag behind the counter and a sign that had the article from OUT magazine laminated. Jack felt a little awkward and looked nervously around. He wasn’t sure he was comfortable with the ‘homosexual’ label. After all both he, Danny and Jim had all been married. Jack just hadn’t thought about it before. It was kind of odd too that Daniel knew all these things.

A handsome young man smiled at them and took down their first names then led them to a back room. They were introduced to a whole team of more men then hustled off to what looked like barber shop chairs.

“Daniel?” Jack asked nervously.

“I signed us up for the works. Today we get pampered,” Daniel grinned mischievously. “Try to relax; you don’t see Blair or Jim complaining.” Jack looked over to see Jim and Blair had settled back into the chairs. They each received a facial then a very close shave. After that the team tried to offer them a trim but since Jack, Daniel and Jim had military style cuts they didn’t need one and Blair was scared that his hair would be cut beyond redemption, so they declined. Next they received manicures and were ushered off to eat before their massages.

“This is a pretty sweet idea man,” Blair patted Daniel on the back as they sat down with loaded plates. Jack was still rubbing a hand over his face in admiration of the shave he’d received as Jim studied his hands intently. “Jim? You’re not zoning on us are you?”

“Huh?” Jim looked up in confusion.

“Jim look at me. Come on man. I know that was a lot of touching and sensations come back it’s time to eat.” The large man’s blue eyes came back into focus. Jack and Daniel looked at each other then at the Sentinel and his Guide.

“Blair?” Jim reached out a hand and touched Blair’s face.

“Yeah, it’s me. You with us?” Blair asked in a soothing tone.

“Uh yeah, sorry Chief.” Jim looked a bit dazed yet. “Wow, guess I kind of lost it there.”

“Ellison, eat,” Jack nudged his old friend.

“What happened?” Daniel asked curiously.

“Jim’s sense of touch went on overload.” Blair pushed the all natural coffee at Jim.

“But I didn’t notice anything until you said something,” Daniel replied.

“That’s why Blair’s my guide and not you,” Jim smiled at Blair then at Daniel.

“Was this a bad idea? I didn’t mean to overload you Jim,” Daniel looked at the big man nervously.

“I never know what might do it to me. Hell, I’ve zoned out watching the sunlight in Blair’s hair.” Jim admitted.

“Really?” Blair was blushing and smiling at this news. Jim nodded.

Jack squeezed Daniel’s hand under the table. “You worry too much Danny. It was a great idea. And hell I’ve never had a shave that good.”

Daniel smiled up at Jack. “I could shave you in the mornings if you want.”

“Planning on spending a lot of mornings at my house?” Jack smiled at the thought. He’d enjoyed last night even though all they had done was talk and held each other. It just seemed so right. Daniel locked eyes with him and Jack was lost. “I mean I would really like that, if you don’t mind that is…”

Daniel put a finger to Jack’s lips and leaned over giving him a gentle kiss. “Easy Jack, we can spend as much time together as you want. I’m not losing you now.” Jim and Blair smiled at each other both wondering how long it would be before the two men were secretly living together.

Jim wondered when Jack would admit how he felt about Daniel. He looked at his Guide wondering how Blair felt about him. But Blair would talk about it when he was ready. Blair could be a very strong man, but also a sensitive, deep thinker. “So you guys should come visit us in Cascade.”

Jack answered for both of them, “Okay, sure you betcha. But if you get tired of the force, the offer stands to get you on the team. It would be great to have you guys in the area. I’d finally have someone to go to games with and these two,” he gestured at Daniel and Blair,” could rub rocks together.”

Blair winked at Daniel then leaned over very close to him. “Can I rub your rocks when we are alone together? I’ll let you rub mine. We can see if we can put our pieces together too.”

“Oh god,” Jack groaned at the imagery flashing through his mind.

“No shit,” Jim panted.

Daniel leaned forward. “After that I can help you wrap your tongue around sounds. Maybe a personal demonstration?” He licked Blair’s bottom lip and both Jack and Jim squirmed.

Blair and Daniel fell into each other’s arms laughing. “OH man you should see your face Jim!” Blair roared. Daniel held his sides, nodding and pointing at Jack.

“Damn chief I think I could get off just watching the two of you go at it,” Jim growled in a deep voice.

“Oh hell yeah,” Jack added looking at Daniel in a very predatory way. “But in the meantime, MINE!” Jack pulled Daniel into his arms, wrapping him tightly. Daniel sighed happily feeling Jack’s warmth surrounding him.

Jim was mirroring Jack’s action. Blair winked at Daniel. “These two are SO easy to play.”

Jack growled. “Your anthropologist is a bad influence on my linguist.”

“Chief, behave,” Jim chuckled. “You’re making the Colonel cranky.”

“Okay who wants to go first?” A tall raven haired man asked as he came up behind them. They all pointed to Blair. He laughed and waved goodbye heading toward the massage room.

Jim entertained Jack and Daniel with tales of the evil things Blair had done over the years when he suddenly froze. He put a finger to his lips. His hearing caught the conversation in the corner where two people had just slipped in.

“I’m telling you that’s Jack and Daniel.” The first voice said.

“There is no way Sam just calm down. Besides even if it was it doesn’t mean they are here together, just because we are.”

“Janet they are here as a couple look at the way the Colonel is wrapped around Daniel! I just can’t believe it!!”

Refocusing on Jack and Daniel, Jim’s face furrowed into a frown. “Do you know a Sam and Janet? They are here and just spotted you two. The good news is that they are here as a couple too.”

“Oh for crying out loud,” Jack groaned taking his arms off of Daniel and running his hands through his hair. “I don’t believe this.”

Daniel squeezed Jack’s thigh. “Wait Jack, calm down. Jim said they are here as a couple. I say we confront them. They can’t admit we were here without admitting they were here too.”

“Kid has a point Jack.” Jim agreed.

“Maybe we shouldn’t rock the boat.” Jack blinked. “Wait, the rumors on the base about Carter. This doesn’t make any sense.”

“Disinformation,” Jim suggested.

Daniel nodded in mute agreement. He looked with concern at Jack. This was the first test of their relationship. Or maybe this would tell him it wasn’t a relationship at all. After all Jack had not professed any feelings of love toward him. Daniel sighed and looked down at the table. Another masseuse came over and Jim volunteered to go realizing that the two men needed to be alone for this decision. Besides it would give him a chance to fill Blair in on what was happening.

Jack took in Daniel’s body posture and put a finger under his chin lifting his face so he could see his eyes. “I will never be ashamed of us. It’s time to wave goodbye to the old Jack and Daniel. Don’t expect me to hesitate either in showing you how much more you mean to me then my career.” For the first time Jack initiated the kiss between them. It was gentle and caring, loving and long. “What do you think of that Doctor Jackson?” Jack whispered as he pulled away.

“I don’t care about them either. But talk is cheap, and life is too short to be so apprehensive. Everything you do to me just hits me,” Daniel touched his chest.

“Shut up and kiss me Danny,” Jack replied. The two men began to nibble at each other’s lips. Their tongues licked each other in an open mouthed kiss before Jack growled pulling Daniel to him. The kiss soon had the attention of everyone in the room. When they parted Jack placed a gentle kiss on Daniel’s forehead before leaning together. Much to their surprise the room broke into applause.

“Wow,” said a man coming over to them with his partner in tow. “That was incredibly hot. Thanks for the show.” They chuckled and moved off looking inspired.

“I’d have to agree sir,” Sam came over looking sheepish. Janet was shaking her head in amazement.

“No sir here Carter,” Jack shook his head at her.

“Hi Sam, Hi Janet,” Daniel waved then stopped himself, before looking down wondering if he was blushing.

“When did this begin?” Janet sat down staring between them with a huge grin on her face.

“I’ll tell you if you tell me when the two of you started,” Jack gestured between the two women.

“Don’t ask, don’t tell?” Sam asked sitting next to Janet lacing their hands together.

“SO,” Daniel began, ”We agree right here and right now that none of this is spoken of again, especially at work.”

“Jack isn’t the only career military here Daniel. Don’t worry, besides now if I find ‘interesting’ marks on you I don’t have to ask where they came from do I?” Janet giggled.

Daniel and Jack both sighed with some measure of relief. Catching Sam with a piercing stare Daniel asked the question that was burning on his mind. “Is this why there are rumors on base about you sleeping with entire Stargate teams?”

The women nodded. “It was Janet’s idea to start a disinformation propaganda program.” Carter confessed.

“The drawback is the men on base are all hitting her. But I get them in the end.” Janet smirked. Both men winced imagining the needles being stabbed in the backsides of the men that hit on Carter. Daniel’s eyes widened and he unconsciously leaned back toward the security that was Jack.

“We can take you both now,” a masseur told them arriving out of nowhere at the table. Jack and Daniel waved goodbye to the girls and went back into the massage area. It was a large, sunny room with two tables holding their friends who were looking like they had melted into the tabletops.

Blair managed to wave, but Jim just grunted. Jack and Daniel were handed plush white towels and pointed toward the dressing rooms. Getting the hint they disrobed leaving their clothing in the dressing room where they them hung in bags with their first names on them. They were escorted to their tables and began to have their massage. Jack soon became boneless and looked over at Daniel who looked as though he was about to purr.

“I think this is one of the best ideas you’ve ever had Dannyboy,” Jack sighed contentedly.

“I second that,” Jim groaned.

“Me too man,” Blair added sounding half asleep.

“Thanks guys. I love this place. It’s just the ticket for when I get too stressed out.” Daniel admitted.

“I could move here just for this,” Jim sighed.

“Don’t tempt me,” Blair agreed. “Hey is everything cool? Jim said you had people here who knew you?”

“No worries campers,” Jack felt the last of the tension roll away as the talented hands worked out the kinks in his shoulders. “Gawd, do you guys do miracles on knees?”

“Sure buddy, roll over,” the masseur told Jack and began to work on his knees. “Damn what the hell do you do for a living?”

“Roll around on my knees in strange and exotic lands,” Jack laughed.

“Oh military I hear nothing, I see nothing and I speak of nothing,” the masseur laughed.

“Good man,” Jim replied as Jack became one with his tabletop.

“Since you all seem to know each other do you want one hot tub or two?” the man asked.

“Daniel?” Blair deferred to the resident expert in relaxation.

“Two definitely,” Daniel looked at Jack with blatant desire in his eyes. “Sorry guys but I think we all need sometime to be together, if you catch my meaning?”

“Why are you with this loser Daniel? You are way too smart for him, “ Jim joked. Jack stuck his tongue out at him. Daniel and Blair laughed. Then Jim and Blair waved goodbye as they were given robes before being escorted to the hot tubs.

Jack looked with a glimmer of concern at Daniel, glad for once that his eyes were closed. Daniel was young, handsome and very well built. He could have anyone in the SGC or the spa. Why was he with him, an old Colonel with bad knees and a shot back? As if reading his mind Daniel whispered. “Stop it Jack. I’m with you because I want to be with you “ no one else matters to me.”

“You guys are too cute,” Jack’s masseur said while helping Jack up from the table.

“Wow my knees feel great. What did you do?” Jack looked incredulous at the man as he gave a little test bounce.

“Ancient secrets of chakras, pressure points and reflexology,” the man gave a little bow. “If they get bad again just ask for me. I’ll leave my card at the desk for you, don’t worry it just has my name and email on it.”

Daniel came alongside Jack helping him into his robe. “Thanks, what room is ours?” Reaching back Daniel’s masseur tossed him a key which he caught with ease. The two men walked back a hallway that reeked of chlorine. Daniel opened up the one room and let them in. He hung up his robe and waited for Jack to look his full.

Hungry brown eyes looked at Daniel’s body. It had been a long time since they had shared a shower together at the SGC and Jack was amazed at the change in the linguist. He knew Teal’c had been working with him but had no idea the younger man had such muscles hidden under his BDU’s.

Jack felt suddenly self-conscious. Daniel sensed the change in his partner and stepped forward looking him in the eye. “We’ve shared showers Jack. Trust me I looked, a lot. I know about your scars and war wounds. It’s sexy as hell to me.”

Jack looked at Daniel seriously. “How did I get so lucky to find you?”

Daniel raised his eyebrows blinking a bit. He slipped the robe from Jack’s shoulders. “I wanted to ask you about that Jack.” They got into the water and both sighed with contentment. Daniel sat next to Jack. “As far as I know you’ve never lied to me. Tell me truth Jack, you had Blair translate what I said to you didn’t you?”

“Yeah Danny I did. I’m sorry. Are you upset?”

“No. I suspected when you suddenly seemed to have interest in me. Can you even out the playing field though and tell me how you feel about me?” Jack leaned over to kiss Daniel and show him but was stopped by a hand to his chest. “Please.” Daniel looked up at Jack with pain and hope in his eyes.

Jack took Daniels hands staring down at them. How did he feel about Daniel? Was it love? Or wasn’t it? How to say it? “I’m not good with this stuff Danny.”

“Just tell me how you feel.” Daniel whispered.

“I don’t want to be without you. Yes, you’re my friend but it’s gone beyond that. When I held you last night it felt so right. Hell when I see you it’s all I can do not to grin like an idiot. When you smile at me my chest goes tight, I can barely breathe and my heart feels like it’s crying. There’s things I want to do to you I’ve never wanted to do with a man. I can’t even think of letting you more than a foot away from me again. Work is going to be hell and I would toss it aside if you ever said the word. I’ve been an idiot not to notice this between us before. “Jack rubbed his head. “See I told you I suck at this.”

Daniel cupped the side of Jack’s face. “Granted we’ll never see it on a greeting card but I thought you made perfect sense.”

“You do?” Jack replied in surprise. Hell he wasn’t sure he understood.

“Sure Jack, I love you too.” Daniel whispered before initiating another kiss.

As Jack heard the words it hit him like a ton of bricks. He loved Danny. Smiling into the kiss Jack pulled Daniel into his lap. It was then his body reminded him that Daniel was naked. Their growing erections slipped together. Daniel shivered in his arms and Jack thought he was shaking himself. They had worn tee shirts and sweats to bed last night. This was the first time they had touched like this. Jack pulled back to look into Daniel’s eyes. “Yes, I didn’t even realize it until you said it. You’re right Danny. I love you.”

For the second time that day Daniel took his face in both his hands and kissed him. Jack hoped he wasn’t going to make a total fool out of himself and cry. But the kiss was so tender it was breaking him into little pieces. Jack gently moved hoping to give Daniel the hint but the result was different then expected as their bodies rubbed deliciously together. Daniel moaned so erotically Jack was painfully rock hard in an instant.

They slowly began to move together as the kiss deepened. When it got to be too much Jack nuzzled into Daniel’s neck letting his hands roam over the young, defined body of the archeologist. Daniel started to move faster and Jack kissed Daniel’s hairless chest. His tongue began to retrace where he had kissed Daniel. With both his tongue and fingertips he teased Daniel’s nipples until they hardened. Daniel was rolling his head back gasping. Jack gently pulled at both of them as his mouth attached to Daniel’s neck.

The linguist began to talk in other languages before he went rigid in Jack’s arms. “Yes Dannyboy just let go.” Jack whispered and Daniel shook in his arms. He threw his head back, a light sheen of sweat on his ecstasy filled face.

The sight undid Jack and with a litany of curses he hit his climax shuddering violently. They held each other tightly afterwards both silently amazed at the step they’d just taken. After a bit Daniel pulled back and Jack took in his shinning eyes, smiling face and flushed skin.

“You’re beautiful Danny. I wonder how I ever made it through without you.” Jack whispered choking on emotions that had settled into his soul.

“You were never without me my handsome warrior,” Daniel replied with love shinning from his eyes. He gently stroked Jack’s soft face looking at every nuance of it. “Thank you Jack for taking the first step.” They kissed a bit longer then got out of the hot tub. Daniel pushed a button on the wall and the tub went into cleaning mode.

“Should I be concerned that you knew about that?” Jack asked trying not to sound anxious but suspecting he was failing.

“Not unless you’re going to be jealous of me masturbating to the thought of you,” Daniel said looking down at his feet.

“Damn Daniel you make me feel like there’s nothing I can’t do,” Jack hugged him. “Just tell me that no matter what we’ll always be friends.”

“A friend who will always be by your side, holding your hand and keeping your secrets,” Daniel agreed before adding, “Superman.”

“That might just make you my Kryptonite,” Jack nuzzled Daniel’s neck feeling the man chuckle.

“Come on Man of Steel, time to find our guests.” Daniel and Jack walked out, changed and went to wait in the main sitting area for Blair and Jim. They had been quietly talking when Daniel’s cell phone went off.

“What’s up?” Jack asked his hand going to his own phone waiting for it to ring next in case it was SGC.

Daniel frowned. “It’s my weather alert. We need to find the guys and get home. There’s a Colorado low brewing.”

Jack went to go alert Carter and Janet whom he just spotted as Daniel went to find Jim and Blair. By the time the four men left the spa the snow had begun.

“I don’t get why you are so worried about some snow,” Blair said as they rode back to Jack’s house. Daniel and Jack looked at each other and Jack gestured toward Daniel that he should answer.

Clearing his throat Daniel began to explain. “Rocky Mountain Lows are snowstorms that often can develop in Colorado. You can pin part of the blame on the mountains in the state. When the jet stream cuts from west to east across these mountains, the terrain helps to generate low pressure on the lee side--the flatlands of eastern Colorado.

This is one of the most fertile grounds in the country for breeding low-pressure areas. Before long, a Colorado low may be sucking in moisture from the Texas Gulf Coast and mixing it with moisture that's made the long trek from the Pacific. In a day's time or less, this storm could be causing blizzard conditions across Kansas, Nebraska, or Iowa. At other times the jet stream makes a twist and cuts off into a swirl that parks over the Four Corners region.

This pulls moisture upslope, right against the front range of the Rockies. This scenario gives Colorado some of its most phenomenal snow totals--like the 75.8 inches that fell on Silver Lake on April 14, 1921.” Daniel sighed. “That’s what’s happening now. You don’t always get a lot of warning.”

“So you put that weather alert on your cell phone. Were you a boy scout Daniel?” Jim asked staring out the windows of the truck watching the snow.

“Let’s just say Jack is rubbing off on me,” Daniel laughed.
“My phone was off otherwise my alert would have gone off at the same time,” Jack added. “This might mess up your departure time Jim. They ground flights pretty quickly around here.”

“Well Simon said we should take some of our vacation time,” Jim smiled at Blair. Trying to ignore Daniel’s increased heartbeat. He was obviously nervous. Jack must have sensed it too because he occasionally reached over to pat his leg. “I better call him though.” Flipping open his phone Jim began to make the call into Cascade PD. They stopped twice on the way to secure some supplies before they hunkered down.

“So what happens if you need to get back to the base?” Blair asked.

“They send out a Hummer, or a convoy truck,” Jack shrugged. “It has happened a few times. We can sleep on base too.”

Jim got off the phone and Jack asked conversationally,” So Jim what’s your clearance these days?” Jim heard his pulse rate picking up as the snow became blinding.

“Still top drawer and I can vouch for Blair too. His is pretty high too.” Jim replied sensing the underlining statement that they might wind up at the base.

“Thanks to running with a bunch of cops,” Blair answered not catching the drift; Daniel did though.

Jim heard his heart rate pick up. Jack’s pulse rate calmed down when they reached the house. But there was already close to a foot on the ground as they got out. They all bustled into the house. Jim helped Jack get the fire going as Daniel made coffee and cocoa while being entertained by one of Blair’s stories of Peru.

“Jack what’s with Daniel?” Jim asked in a low whisper wondering why the young man wasn’t calming down.

“Ice planets, seeing people with hypothermia, others freezing to death off world Daniel isn’t thick-skinned military. Don’t get me wrong he’s become a good soldier in a fire fight but he’s sensitive. You mind finishing the fire?” Jack saw the expected response in Jim’s eyes, nodded and went to Daniel’s side.

He didn’t have to say a thing Daniel just gravitated toward him to be held. In a way Jack thought it was the greatest thing in the world but in another he often worried about Daniel in times like this. He didn’t do well being trapped, not that anyone did.

But it seemed too much after all they’d been through. He sat Daniel on the couch with his back to his own chest so he could watch the fire and just hold Daniel. Jim moved to the kitchen helping Blair bring out the drinks. Jack didn’t have to be a Sentinel to know Jim filled Blair in on what was going on with Daniel.

Jim quietly went around the house closing all the drapes and blinds. He had dealt with claustrophobics before and it wasn’t pretty. Jack hadn’t come out and said it but Jim thought it would be best to treat it as such. Blair made them all some Irish coffee before they all settled before the fire.

They soon started to talk and Daniel seemed to calm down. Jack went into the kitchen leaving Daniel to chat with Blair, while making a covert sign for Jim to follow him. When they both reached the kitchen Jack asked with concern,” How’s Danny doing?”

“His heartbeat has calmed down considerably Jack. I think he’ll be fine. Blair closed off the view of outside so Daniel doesn’t see it.” Jack nodded looking over at Daniel and Blair, running a hand nervously through his hair.

“You look like a man in love Jack,” Jim grinned knocking back a beer.

Jack grinned instantly,” I forgot how great it feels.”

“Daniel’s a great guy.” Jim slapped Jack on the back. “Don’t screw it up O’Neill.”

“Thanks for the vote of confidence,” Jack sneered.

“Trust me on this Jack, talk to him, a lot,” Jim advised.

“Shit Jim, you know I’m no good at that,” Jack looked down rolling his beer bottle between his fingers.

“Then you better show him often,” Jim walked out to the living room and Jack looked at Daniel. As if sensing he was being watched Daniel looked up at Jack and smiled brightly. Daniel excused himself, got up and walked out to the kitchen.

“Jack, is everything okay?” Daniel asked with concern.

“I just don’t want to mess things up between us,” Jack confessed staring at his feet.

Daniel lifted Jack’s chin and smiled. “We’ve been together a long time Jack and we’re only getting better. “

Jack smiled and pulled Daniel into his arms kissing him soundly.

This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/keikokin/viewstory.php?sid=21.