Loves Retelling by Keikokin (G)
Daniel invites his friend Blair to visit and he brings a friend...Jack's old lover - Jim Ellison.

Categories: The Sentinel/Stargate SG-1
Characters:
Genres: First Time
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1
Word count: 2984 - Hits: 2876
Complete?: Yes - Published: 02/01/06 - Last Updated: 02/01/06

1. one shot by Keikokin



one shot by Keikokin
Love’s Retelling
By Kenaf
SG/TS








Daniel Jackson, doctor of archaeology and languages was helping to guide a new load of artifacts into his research room at Stargate Command.

“CAREFUL!” He yelled for the tenth time as the airmen tried to maneuver it around the crowded office. The phone rang as he watched the crate as if it were a newborn baby.

“Should I get that sir?” an airman asked. Daniel gestured idly with one hand as he kept his eyes fixed on his precious cargo.

“Doctor Jackson, it’s a Blair Sandburg on the line for you. Should I ask him to call back?”

Daniel’s head whipped around at the name. “BLAIR!” he yelled jumping over the surprised airmen and the crate in one bound. He grabbed the receiver out of the airman’s hand with a cheerful grin.

“Blair!? Is it really you?” Daniel gestured for the airmen to leave and they beat a hasty retreat grateful for the reprieve from the perfectionist.

“Danny?!” came a happy voice over the receiver. “Shit man! What the hell are you doing on a military base?”

“Never mind that man how did you find me?” Daniel asked sitting down in his chair with a grin.

“Internet baby, internet! Got bored, hacked a few sites and voila!” Blair said smugly.

“Wow, I’ll have to find out how you did that!” Daniel laughed. So much for government security, he thought.

“No way am I telling! Don’t want the G-men on my neck man!” Blair replied.

“Damn I missed you so much man!” Daniel continued.

“Miss you too Danny. Any chance we can hook up? My housemate wants to go skiing in Colorado near the springs. I could hitch in with him.” Blair offered.

A knock came at the door and Colonel Jack O’Neill’s smiling face peered around the corner. Daniel smiled and waved him inside pointing to the phone and Jack sat down.

“That would be too cool! When?”

“This weekend?”

“Hold on let me check.”

“Hey Jim can I go to Colorado with you? I’ve got a buddy I’d like to go see in Colorado Springs.” Blair called out.

“Sure we can split the driving Chief.” A husky male voice answered.

“Jim? Chief? Wow, I guess I am behind.” Daniel teased.

“What about you?” Blair asked hopefully. Daniel had been lonely for too long.

“Me? No, I live alone. I got married but we were only together a year.”

“Oh shit man. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” Daniel took an artifact out of Jack’s hands and put it safely away.

“So any special guy?”

“Blair! C’est une facilitie du militaire ne dit pas, comprendez-vous? Le telephone ne securitie, eh?’

“Je comprend mon ami. Il est dans l’office n’est pas?’

“D’accord, c’est vrai.”

“T’aimez-vous?”

“Oui, t’aime, mais il ne comprend pas.”

“Okay, so I’ll call Friday about this time?”

“I can hardly wait man! Later Blair!” Daniel hung up the phone grinning widely.

“Daniel what’s with the French?”

“I have an old friend Jack, he’ll be coming into town Friday.”

“So, I gather no Friday night pizza and video huh?”

“Sorry Jack.”

“Well, if you get the chance to bring him by I’ll like to meet one of your friends.”

“Well I don’t know when he’s arriving. He’s coming in with a friend who is going skiing. I could hang out until he calls. That way you could meet him right away.”

“Great,” Jack grinned. “So where did you meet?”

“On a dig in South America.” Daniel smiled remembering that time.

“I thought you were strictly a pyramid man.”

“There are pyramids there too Jack. But Blair was into the jungles and talked me into it. But it didn’t take me long to figure out that I’d rather have sand in my duffle then a tarantula or snake.” Daniel shivered.

“UGH!” Jack agreed. “Copy that. So got a picture?”

“Sure it’s somewhere around here,” Daniel grabbed a photo album out of a desk drawer then flipped through it. He came around to sit on a corner of the desk facing Jack. “There he is.”

Jack looked at the picture. Blair was a good looking man around Daniel’s age with long curly dark hair and astonishing blue eyes like Daniel. Jack sat back propping his feet up on Daniel’s desk and flipped to the back of the book. His eyes briefly had the time to glimpse a picture of what looked like Daniel and Blair in a serious lip lock. But Daniel grabbed the book before he could blink so Jack wasn’t sure that was what he’d seen. He decided it was best to pretend he hadn’t seen anything.

“Hey! I didn’t even get to look!” Jack protested.

Daniel looked relieved. “That’s classified.”

“Whatever. Coffee Daniel?” Jack asked getting up and opening the door. Daniel eagerly agreed.

###

“So Chief who’s this friend you want to go see?” Jim asked as he waxed up his skis.

“Daniel Jackson, Doctor of archeology and linguistics. We’ve known each other for years. And we both had careers hit the skids.”

Jim looked at Blair in sympathy. He remembered when Blair threw away his academic career to protect him. “So what happened to Daniel?”

“He had this theory about the age of the pyramids, thought they were thousands of years older then we think.”

“Then who built them?” Jim asked curiously.

“That’s the problem man, Daniel thought it might have been alien technology.” Jim burst out laughing and Blair stood up angrily. “Hey, you haven’t seen the weird shit on the pyramids that I have. Danny is brilliant! He’s working for the damn military on secret project so maybe he had the right of it!”

Jim put up his hands defensively. “Easy chief. I’m sorry.” Blair stormed out of the room in a huff. Jim used his Sentinel senses to make sure Blair wasn’t too mad. His ultra-sensitive hearing had to be turned up higher to pick up anything, probably because Blair knew he could hear anything else. But he finally picked up Blair whispering to himself.

“My beautiful Danny… damn I miss you. It won’t be long man…thank god this Jack is an idiot….fuck you into the mattress” Jim felt his heart clench. He hung his head. For a long time he had held in his feelings for Blair thinking the younger man was straight. Now when he finally realized differently Blair had an old lover to see. Jim went up to bed too depressed to think about skiing.

Unable to sleep Jim thought back to an old lover he had in the military. He smiled to think of how good things had been before the military sent them to separate parts of the world. When he finally fell asleep it was to the thought of strong arms and chocolate brown eyes.

###

Jack O’Neill was doing his best to listen to Daniel carry on about Blair. But the more Daniel talked about Blair it was like a knife twisting in Jack’s gut. With all the women the handsome young man attracted he’d never believed he’d be interested in having a male lover, much less one older then him. Now it looked like he was wrong about the lover and right about being too old. Jack stared into his coffee, getting depressed as hell.

Daniel reached out and touched Jack’s shoulder. “Hey Jack are you okay?”

“Hmm, oh yeah sure Daniel. Look I have paperwork to do.” Jack got up and left the mess hall. Daniel frowned as he watched him leave. Was it his imagination or was Jack upset? He got up and made his way to the Colonels office to double check. But when he got there the door was locked.

Jack was looking over an old photo of a lover he hadn’t thought about for years. His piercing blue eyes radiated warmth to him. “Jack O’Neill you are really pathetic, especially for blue eyes.” He shoved the picture back into the book shaking his head.

###

Jim Ellison was trying to ignore the sense of sadness that had overtaken him when he realized Blair was going to see his old lover. He did his best to stay cheerful when Blair spent the entire ride from Seattle to Colorado talking about Daniel Jackson. But by the time they reached the state limits Jim wondered if murder was legal in Colorado. He wanted nothing more then to take this Daniel shove him up against the wall and tell him in no uncertain terms that Blair belonged to HIM.

It was getting late when they arrived in Colorado Springs. Blair had taken over driving about halfway and Jim’s new concern was that they were both getting too beat to continue. Daniel called Blair’s cell phone and guided them into to his buddy’s house where he was visiting. Luckily it helped keep Blair awake.

They were both exhausted when they finally arrived. Blair went up to the door first and Jim went to get his bags. Jim did his best to look away when Blair grinned happily at him.

###

“BLAIR!” Daniel cried out as he opened to door to Jack’s house. Jack chugged back the rest of his beer for strength before he stood up to meet the famous Blair. Daniel and Blair were trying to squeeze the stuffing out of each other when Jack heard a familiar voice.

“Blair where do you want these?” Jim asked coming in and closing the door behind him.

“JIM?” Jack croaked. “JIM ELLISON?”

“O’NEILL? JACK?” Jim asked stunned barely feeling the bags slip out of his hands.

Blair and Daniel stopped hugging long enough to see the two men staring at each other in disbelief.

“Hey you guys know each other?” Blair asked laughing at the looks on their faces. Jim walked forward first and shook his head in amazement. Jack burst out laughing and rushed him hugging him hard. Jim couldn’t believe that he was looking into the eyes of the lover he’d just thought about the previous night nor could Jack come to grips with the fact his old lover was in his house. They shakily released each other.

“Got a beer?” Jim managed to say.

“You got it Ellison,” Jack said happily and grabbed two cold ones out of the refrigerator.

“So how do you two know each other?” Blair asked accepting a wine cooler from Daniel.

“Military,” Jack laughed patting Jim on the back. “So is this the famous Blair?”

Blair smiled. “Jack O’Neill I’d like you to meet Blair Sandburg. Blair this is Jack.” They shook hands and Blair took in the handsome features of the older man and understood why Daniel had the hots for him.

“Jim Ellison I’d like YOU to meet Daniel Jackson,” Jack introduced, taking over from Jim. Daniel smiled up into the blue-eyed policeman and wondered if something was going on between Blair and Jim. Little did he know Jim was just wondering if Jack and Daniel had a relationship as he looked into Daniel’s big blue eyes.

Blair yawned followed by Jim. Daniel looked pleadingly at Jack who immediately got the message. “Hey Jim, why don’t you and Blair spend the night? We can kick back and catch up. You can hit the slopes in the morning.”

“Is that a proposition?” Jim winked. Jack grinned. Daniel’s mouth dropped and so did Blair’s.

“Would you say ‘yes’ if it was?” Jack snickered. Daniel fell back into the couch.

“WOW man! Were you two lovers?” Blair blurted out.

“Book smart?” Jack nodded toward Blair.

Jim burst out laughing. “Man have I missed that tongue Jack.”

Jack beckoned Jim closer to him with one finger. Jim happily wrapped his arms around Jack. “What?”

“If I can make you come with one finger imagine what I can do with two hands,” Jack grinned.

Daniel couldn’t move. Blair sat down next to him in stunned silence as they both watched the men of their lives move closer before kissing like the long lost lovers they were. After a bit Blair regained his voice. “Danny?”

Blair turned toward Daniel and away from the scene that threatened to break his heart and Daniel did the same. As one they moved closer to each other and kissed. Jack pulled away from Jim and looked at Daniel and Blair kissing on the couch with a rage of jealousy surging through him. He started over toward the couple with thoughts of ripping Blair to pieces but Jim beat him there pulling the couple apart. Blair was about to object when he suddenly found Jim kissing him soundly. Daniel blinked in confusion before Jack kissed him possessively.

Jim pulled away from Blair reluctantly and the pair saw Jack and Daniel kissing just as passionately as they just were. “Well,” Jim laughed,” now what?”

Jack and Daniel stopped kissing and looked at Jim and Blair. “Well we all need to go to bed.”

“No shit Jack, my hard on told me that,” Jim laughed. Blair and Daniel blushed.

“So where are your reservations at?” Jack asked pointedly.

“I was going to make them when I got there. Right now my only reservation is letting Daniel sleep with Blair AGAIN when I want to sleep with Blair for the first time.” Jim laughed. Blair blushed snuggling into Jim’s arms.

“That works for me because there is no way I’m going to let Blair near Daniel right now. I’ve waited too damn long too.” Jack laughed in return. Daniel smiled and nuzzled into Jack’s chest.

“We could have a hell of an orgy man,” Blair grinned wickedly winking at Daniel.

“Just like the ancient Romans,” Daniel agreed before Jack made him shut up with a game of tonsil hockey.

“Or the ancient …” Blair began before he was kissed to silence by Jim but it was broken off by a simultaneous yawn.

“Hell you two are so tired you should just let us service you, so you can get a good nights sleep,” Jack grinned.

“Jack’s bed is HUGE it would fit all of us,” Daniel offered then looked innocently up at Jack’s surprised face. “What? I saw it when you gave me the fifty-cent tour, remember?”

“Danny that was years ago!” Jack gasped.

“Yeah, well it’s been featured in my dreams ever since.” Daniel admitted staring at his feet.

“Come on campers the big bed is this way,” Jack laughed and led them all upstairs.

“Gawd Jack, are we really going to do this?” Daniel asked as the four men regrouped in Jack’s bedroom.

“Well if we are I think we better take care of something,” Jim said and leaned over to kiss Daniel. Blair blushed and felt Jack push back his hair, look into his eyes then kiss him.

Jim grabbed Blair and Daniel grabbed Jack. “Okay, never mind this won’t work.” Jim growled. “I agree,” Daniel said pulling Jack possessively toward him.

“Does that bother you Blair?” Jack asked with a smirk, looking very pleased at Daniel’s sudden possessive side.

“Not that you aren’t an amazing kisser Jack but I love Jim,” Blair whispered.

“I love you too Blair,” Jim beamed at his Guide.

“Danny?”

“Yes.”

“Ditto.”

“Behold the last of the romantics,” Blair teased.

“Military efficiency,” Jim corrected.

“Exactly, Danny knows I love him.”

“It’s still nice to hear.” Danny grinned. “I love you too Jack.”

Jack clapped his hands. “Okay campers. You two are the guests you can have this bed and Danny and I will take the guest room. Clean sheets are in the linen closet in the hall. I’m willing to wash but I’d rather not have a visual, okay?”

Jim and Blair nodded as Jack and Danny disappeared into the hallway room in a sudden tangle of arms, legs and mouths.

“Well, I don’t think Daniel is worried about the snow anymore,” Jim laughed as he closed the door to the master bedroom.

“Come on Jim, time to hit the slopes man,” Blair teased and the Sentinel followed his Guide.

This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/keikokin/viewstory.php?sid=19.