The Artist by Keikokin (PG)
The General orders Jack to find a new hobby. 

Categories: Jack/Daniel
Characters: None
Genres: First Time, One-shot
Warnings: Fluff, OOC
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1
Word count: 2314 - Hits: 1395
Complete?: Yes - Published: 18/01/13 - Last Updated: 18/01/13

1. Chapter 1 by Keikokin



Chapter 1 by Keikokin
Author's Notes:
Please read/review?
Title: The Artist
Author: Keikokin
Plot bunny: Holly at PBC
Beta: None, sorry
Summary: Jack’s under orders to relax and find a hobby.
Disclaimer: SG is not mine in anyway, shape or form. No maliciousness intended.
Pairing: Jack/Daniel
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Jack hated waiting. He stared at the different awards on George’s wall and wished he was doing anything else. It brought him back to visits to the Principals office as a child. He shifted uneasily in his seat and looked at his watch again.

Okay, so maybe he’d been a bit obsessive about the team lately. Maybe he’d been trying too hard to get them to do things together “ like fishing. But what was wrong with fishing anyway? Maybe George wanted to be invited? Is that why he was here cooling his heels?

General Hammond swept into his office. “Damn bureaucrats, sorry to keep you waiting Jack.”

“So let me cut to the chase,” Jack grinned, “you heard I’ve been asking for someone to go fishing ““

George rolled his eyes. “For the last time Jack I do not want to go fishing with you and frankly we are all sick of hearing about it. “ Jack sat back with a pout. George huffed. “Look Jack, I’m sorry but I’m getting complaints from everyone. I’m ordering you to take a two week vacation effective now. I’m putting the rest of the team on a time out too. Try to find a new hobby, please?”

The way it was said, Jack knew it was not a request but an order. “Fine, but you don’t know what you’re missing, when those fish bite ““

“JACK!” George yelled and taking his cue Jack made a hasty retreat into the corridor closing the door firmly behind him. He stuck his tongue out at the door, stuck his hands into his pockets and started to head off-base. All the while, he tried to ponder what he could do to entertain himself. As he was about to leave the base, he spotted the local events bulletin board that was covered in orderly, yet colorful flyers. One in particular caught his interest.

Spaces still available in local adult art class
Live models will be used while we study the human form
Cost of class includes supplies
Hurry now, these openings won’t last!

Jack ripped off the top neon blue flyer and shoved it into his pocket. On the way home, he wondered when exactly he had stopped sketching. Granted, some of his drawings were more like doodles, but when he really concentrated they hadn’t been too bad. His mother in particular seemed to enjoy his little sketches. He’d sent little scenery ones and others of the locals, near the bases where he served. She had passed away suddenly, before Charlie died and he never drew again. He wondered if it was the right thing or not. Sitting down in his house, he drank slowly from a beer and felt very, very alone. Halfway through the night he called to the different members to see what they were up to, but no one was answering their phone. Not even Daniel and he usually answered his phone. Feeling even more neglected, Jack decided maybe he should take a chance and reserved a spot in the next Art Class.

With a bit more purpose, Jack decided to go to the local arts and crafts store to pick up some basic art supplies. He wanted to get some practice in before class. After all he didn’t want to be drawing doodles of Scooby Doo when this was a serious class. He picked up his favorite mediums: charcoal pencils, pastels and water colors. Knowing this was a class devoted to the human body, he set himself on a bench in the local park and began to loosely sketch a person there, a scene there and soon found he still enjoyed it and sent a smile up to his mother.

A day later, Jack used a map to find his way around the local college campus where the class was being held. He hoped he wasn’t the oldest one there and was relieved to find the professor teaching the class had a good ten years on him. Jack was shown a seat in the round classroom and began to set up. He was tapping a pencil nervously on his leg as he watched the class fill. His hands began to sweat and he dropped it.

At that moment, the professor announced, “Our model for the evening has arrived. I hope everyone is as appreciative of his form as I am. No talking please.” Jack picked up his pencil with a shaking hand. His eyes flew to the center podium where with a whoosh of air he felt and saw a white robe hit the floor. From there his eyes followed muscular tan legs up to a specimen of manhood that made him pant slightly. His groin tightened as he continued looking upwards, oh, so slowly. Muscular legs were accentuated by a firm stomach, perfect hips and a chest and shoulders that made Jack wonder why he’d ever given up on men.

As he locked onto perfect blue eyes that made his breath catch his mind reeled with one word. DANIEL!

Daniel was the model!! Jack ducked behind his easel and tried to calm down. Thank god Jackson didn’t have his glasses on! What the fuck was Daniel doing being a nude model!? Wasn’t the SGC paying him enough??? And further more when the hell had Jackson started to look like …like…like THAT!? But that was only one of Jack’s problems.

His other, more pressing problem was working very hard at doing all the painting on its own. Jack wondered how much trouble he’d get in if he handed in a sperm covered canvas. Probably a lot. And if the General heard about it, it would be time to hand in his uniform! How was he ever supposed to look at Daniel again?

“I notice you have not started. Is there a problem?” the professor asked kindly as he walked around the room, stopping behind Jack. He smiled brightly. “Our model tonight is exceptional isn’t he?”

“Mmm, hmm,” Jack was afraid to even speak for fear that Daniel would recognize his voice. And besides didn’t the professor say no talking? Was this some sort of trick?

“Cat got your tongue eh? Can’t say I blame you. But you should take advantage of this time to at least get a rough sketch down. Human models require more breaks and if you don’t have the general outline down it can be difficult to recapture the moment.”

Jack nodded and closed his eyes. How do I get myself into these things? Nothing for it I suppose then just go for it. UM! I mean just do it. Jack slapped himself on the forehead and tried to pull himself together. After feeling he’d regained his composure he took a quick glimpse around the canvas. He quickly looked away. It was still Daniel and Daniel was beautiful there was no other way to put it.

Still a bit shaky, Jack began to work on his picture. The least he could do was try to do Daniel’s body justice, otherwise Daniel might accuse him of trying to make fun of him and at this point and time, and that was the furthest thing from his mind.

With Daniel in all his glory burned into his mind, Jack found that to be the easiest part to get on paper. The background was a bit trickier, since the sterile classroom seemed completely wrong for such perfection as Daniel. With a grin, Jack created a jungle background with Daniel coming out of it as if he was the first man to ever live. When Daniel took his first break, he decided to walk around the class and Jack ran for the bathroom trying to avoid the inevitable.

When he returned the professor smiled at him. “Our model liked how you added in a different background, but thought you may have over endowed his natural gifts.” Jack looked at the picture and thought if anything he was under sizing his friend. Daniel wasn’t even hard and Jack didn’t think he could fit the entire package into his mouth soft.

Why did I just think that?

Jack smacked himself again. Now that his mind had traveled that path all he could think about was how Daniel would taste, there, there and more importantly there. He started to shake again and wound up working on the jungle grass to hide his pencil strokes.

Make each stroke short and precise.

Jack shook his head. He was falling apart fast, so he hurried to do some basic blending and leave the portrait otherwise devoid of color to save time. When Daniel took his second break, Jack turned in his portrait and headed home like there was a bear chasing him. The professor seemed surprised as he dashed out but only chuckled and took the picture. “Maybe next time you’ll be more comfortable!” He stood and waved as Jack raced for home.

He hadn’t taken ten steps into his house before there was a beer in his hand. How could Daniel be doing this? Why was he doing this? Why did it have to be his art class? What would he tell the General? Sure, George I tried but got so turned on by seeing Jackson naked I had to leave? That would go over well.

Jack snorted at himself, finished the beer and then headed to the bathroom to finish something else, but didn’t get the chance when the front doorbell rang. Jack frowned, not expecting anyone. He opened up the door to find Daniel Jackson smiling at him and holding a pizza in one hand. “Friday night is our date night you didn’t forget did you, Jack?” Daniel smiled and pushed by Jack to put the pizza down on the counter. He bent over to look in the fridge and Jack stared hungrily at his best friends’ ass; feeling his pants grow ever tighter. “You forgot to get wine for me Jack?” Daniel shook his head and appeared with a wine cooler while making a face. “I guess this will have to do.” As he popped the cap off he caught a glimpse of Jack’s flushed face. “Hey, you okay?”

“Um,” Jack laughed nervously. “Sure, why wouldn’t I be? Um, sorry about the wine.”

Daniel waved it off. “I should know better by now. “ He made himself at home on the couch and kicked off his shoes. Jack couldn’t help but notice the long perfect toes, which led to the perfect feet that he now knew led to only more divine perfection. “Earth to Jack,” Daniel waved a hand in front of his feet. “Why are you staring at my toes?”

Jack shook his head. “No reason. So what have you been doing with yourself?”

“Oh this and that. “ Daniel stretched and revealed a sliver of skin as his shirt rose up. Jack was fascinated. Daniel cocked his head to one side. “You are acting very weird tonight Jack, even for you. Is this a bad night?”

“No! No! This is fine.” Jack waved Daniel off with one hand. But as he did Daniel’s face went pale.

“Jack is that…charcoal on your fingers?” Daniel was now the one shaking. “Where were you tonight?”

“ME! Me! What about you Daniel? Prancing around naked for some adult class, where anyone could have seen you! What were you thinking??!” The second it slipped out of Jack’s mouth he winced, knowing it was the wrong thing to say.

“You! You were there weren’t you? It was you that ran out half way through!” Daniel put down the beer. “That’s why the jungle scene. Was I so repulsive you couldn’t take it?” Daniel started to storm for the door.

Jack rushed to block his path. “No, that wasn’t what I meant to say. I wasn’t repulsed I was…was…”

“Was what Jack?!” Daniel barked.

“I well “ Jack looked down where it was easy to see his earlier problem had returned in a big way and the little Colonel was at full salute.”

“Oh.” Daniel said softly.

“Yes, oh and it’s entirely your fault!” Jack griped crossing his arms over his chest.

Daniel snickered and gave the front of Jack’s pants a little flick with his fingers causing Jack to gasp in pain/pleasure. “My fault, huh? Did you like what you saw Jack?” Daniel ran his fingers over the tented gently this time. “I like what I see, but you really have me at a disadvantage Jack. You got to see me nude but there are way too many clothes here to see you.” He pulled at the fabric of Jack’s pants.

“I don’t believe it, innocent Dr. Jackson is a sex kitten and a tease to boot.” Jack gasped.

“Are you complaining Jack? Because I can leave and take my pizza with me.”

Before Jack knew what he was doing, he had Daniel pinned to the nearest surface and kissing him like there was no tomorrow. He was still terrified but for the first time in a very, very long time it felt right. After a moment he backed away to stare wide-eyed at Daniel.

Jackson’s eyes were sparkling blue with a touch of happiness and amusement in them. He wrapped his arms around Jacks neck and whispered. “You know you still have a half hour of class? Maybe we can work something out?”

Jack grinned like a wolf. “Hot damn!”

This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/keikokin/viewstory.php?sid=1073.