Day Series: Part 4 by Keikokin (PG)
This is the fourth installment in the Day Series. It must be read in order, to make sense since it is written in episode style format.

Categories: Clark/Lex
Characters: None
Genres: First Time
Warnings: Fluff
Challenges:
Series: Day Series
Chapters: 1
Word count: 4059 - Hits: 1686
Complete?: Yes - Published: 03/01/11 - Last Updated: 03/01/11

1. Chapter 1 by Keikokin



Chapter 1 by Keikokin
Author's Notes:

Special thanks to Walter for getting the archive to work for me! You are the best *hugs*

Word Count: 4051+
Beta: Allexandrya
Disclaimer: See previous parts
Note: This is written in episodic format

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Somebody Save Me...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clark shifted his book bag after running through the cornfield. He did a check for any stray pieces of corn silk or husks before walking toward the school. Gulping nervously he started to walk up the main road. Smallville High looked the same as always, students here and there chatting together in small groups, others heading inside, some parking cars or chaining up bikes. The normality of it all made Clark feel a bit foolish for being so nervous.

He kept his head down and started up the main steps when it began. A hand came out of a group of jocks shoving him to one side. “Hey!” Clark cried out and it was all he could do to keep from squishing a young girl who was walking on the staircase beside him. He steadied himself and threw a glare at the football players.

“You know, I always wondered why you quit the football team, Kent,” one of Whitney’s friends commented loudly enough to get the attention of several groups of students still lingering around before first bell.

“That’s because he’s playing for the OTHER team,” another one of the players jeered.

“I just didn’t want to anymore, that’s all,” Clark replied back angrily.

“Sure thing, your Majesty,” another one taunted, trying to shove Clark again as he passed. Clark was about to pound the guy when he felt an arm on his shoulder. He spun around fast to see Pete standing there shaking his head.

“Clark man, I’m sorry but it’s all over the school. You better prepare yourself,” Pete whispered quietly. “And Chloe and Lana are up to something, too. You sure you want to be here today?”

“I’m not going to let them win, Pete,” Clark snarled watching the last of the jocks go inside still laughing at his expense. “I’ve got nothing to be ashamed of.”

Pete took a deep breath. “Okay man. I tried to warn you. But since Chloe is against you, too, don’t forget the Talon office isn’t safe either.” Clark nodded readjusted his bag again and they walked in to the main entry. They groaned together. “Oh shit, I think we just figured out what the girls were up to.”

A huge pink banner covered in glitter spanned the width of the hallway declaring loudly in rainbow glitter “CLARK KENT FOR SMALLVILLE HIGH PROM QUEEN.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somebody Save Me…


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lex arrived at the scene of the downed copter, and wondered if his father could have picked a more desolate location. It was practically desert farmland. He could only imagine how much profit the farmer made off of Lionel to do this. He’d not been there five minutes when reporters swarmed him and his entourage. One of his assistants stepped forward to give him some breathing room.

“Mr. Luthor!” “Lex!” “Can we have a statement?” “Will you now take over LuthorCorp?” another yelled.

It was the last that caught Lex’s attention. He turned to the reporter. The young man appeared startled to have been noticed. Lex’s attention had been so focused on protecting Clark and LexCorp he didn’t even think about LuthorCorp. He turned back to his limo and alerted his right hand man to get on it right away. Pulling back he faced the crowd.

“Ladies and gentlemen, rest assured I will do all I can to find my father. I’m confident it will not take long. Everything possible is being done. Thank you.” He turned once more and as the door was held open for him he gracefully sat in the back of the limo. The reporters were still screaming out questions but he ignored them all as the phone was handed to him.

A wicked smile graced his face as he grabbed his laptop and began to calculate on how many fronts he could adjust his personal finances to take over LuthorCorp. The next call was to the family lawyer to have Lionel’s reins handed to him since the old man was still ‘missing’. After that just to pad his bets he made yet another.

“Wayne,” an abrupt voice answered.

“Why hello, Bruce, it’s Lex. I have a proposition for you. How would you like to own LuthorCorp, lock, stock and barrel?” There was a moment of silence and he could just imagine his father’s rival mulling it over. Bruce was nothing else if not savvy.

“I’m listening.” Lex smiled smugly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chloe Sullivan shoved her locker closed, or at least tried to. She’d been ripping down “Clark Kent for Prom Queen” Posters all morning. There was still the banner across the hallway, but there was nothing she could do about it. Throwing all her weight against it she finally forced it closed and spun the tumbler to secure it. As she turned she heard a gasp and noticed the entire hallway had gone still and quiet.

Standing on her toes she strained to see what was going on, only to see a horrified Pete Ross and a fuming Clark Kent standing at the main entrance staring up at the banner. As if he could sense her Clark’s eyes bore holes into her from the end of the hallway, she fell back against the locker shaking her head wildly. Next to him Pete saw where he was looking and shook his head in disappointment. Tears started to fill her eyes.

Laughter ran high over it all and Lana Lang walked down the hall with the entire Varsity and Junior Varsity Football team behind her. “So Clark, think that Lex will buy you the crown that you’ve always dreamed of?” She snapped, looking very pleased with herself. The jocks all laughed.

“Was this your idea, Lana?” Clark snarled.

“Hey man,” Pete whispered so only Clark could hear, “let’s go. She’s not worth it.”

Lana’s smile twisted. “I think the rainbow colors are especially appropriate. Why be ashamed, Clark? Isn’t it time your bigsecret came out? Maybe Chloe can get a headline in the school paper for you so your rich man can see you in all your taffeta glory.”

Clark could feel his temper getting the best of him. Cool it, cool it, cool it he repeated to himself over and over until he felt a chill go through him. He shivered. Clark summoned up his loudest voice to scream at Lana. He couldn’t believe she’d done this to him. To Lex! They’d all been friends for years! The sweet girl he once knew was gone and instead his mind replied for him and in her place was one cold bitch. Clark went to scream, but to his shock no sound came out instead a blue cloud filled the room suddenly freezing everything in sight. As far as the eye could see were student ice statues. Icicles hung off the banner. Clark gulped.

“Oh this is not good.” Clark looked behind him. Every student on the staircase and on the lawn were frozen. He walked woodenly to the nearest classroom and saw that all those inside were frozen too. Doing a super speed run through the school he quickly discovered that each and every person in the school or on the grounds had been affected.


From high above Smallville in a rental helicopter Lionel Luthor surveyed the Kent Farm. He noted the storm damage that was being cleaned up and tossed into a brushfire by Mr. Kent and Mrs. Kent. Using a surveyor’s map of the area that had been circled with the estimated origin of the white light he tried to place where it was on the farm. Turning the map he made the pilot take a right turn. With a smile he realized the exact center was the storm cellar. Sitting back with a smile he nodded to the pilot and they left the area.

Martha looked nervously at her husband. “That was Lionel, I just know it!”

“I agree with you, honey. Lex was right, the snake lives. Hell must be afraid he’ll take over.” He threw a rock in the direction of the retreating helicopter.

“Maybe we should call that number Clark left with us,” Martha pleaded putting a hand on her husband’s other arm.

Jonathan shook his head pulling Martha into his arms. “Not yet, honey. But let’s call Lex and let him know. I’ve got it hand it to him, Martha, he was right on this one.”

Martha looked into his eyes. “Oh honey, is it horrible of me to wish that he wasn’t?”

“Well, if we go to hell for it we’ll be together.” Jonathan smiled tightly.

“Oh Jon!” She slapped him lightly on the arm. Jonathan smiled fully this time then leaned over to kiss his wife before he placed the call.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Clark wondered what to do. Part of him wanted to race home and have his mom and dad figure it out. The other part wanted to use the cell phone Lex gave him to ask him for help. Then he remembered Lex’s comment that if he wanted to be treated like an adult he had to start to work out his own problems. Turning to Pete Clark closed his eyes and thought “Warm, warm, warm”. He breathed out like he was about to yell and Pete defrosted in front of him. Clark steadied him.

Pete blinked repeatedly putting a hand to his head and looking at the condensation that was on his hand when he pulled it away. “Clark?” He looked in confusion at his friend. “What…what happened? I thought you were going to fry the place but…” He gasped finally taking in the scene around him. “Holy shit.”

“More like Holy Human popsicles Batman,” Clark shrugged helplessly. “I’m sorry, Pete, but I got you, too.”

Pete didn’t seem to hear him as he walked over to Lana waving a hand in front of her face. “Clark, this is one cool power. Maybe you should be a fireman! I mean ‘poof’ the fire is frozen! Do you think it would work on fire?”

“Be serious, Pete. I need to remedy this,” Clark groused.

“Well what were you thinking when you became Ice Man?” Pete snickered.

“Nevermind. I’ve got it handled just hold on a second.” Clark jumped up grabbed the banner and then with his heat vision set it on fire. A shower of snow rained down from the now frozen sprinkler system.

Pete laughed and bouncing back to Lana he took the hands of the jocks next to her that were stretched out ready to hold Clark back if he charged he put one hand each over Lana’s breasts. Then he started to position the football players until they were all in lewd poses all over each other. In the meantime, Clark was concentrating very hard eyes shut on what he needed to do. After all he didn’t want to set Smallville High on fire and he didn’t want to thaw each person on a case by case basis. “Okay Clarkbar!” Pete laughed from next to him.

Breathing out with what he now realized was Super-Breath he thought, ‘warm, warm, warm.’ There was a moment of tension that hung in the air as Pete and Clark watched with baited breath. A heartbeat later, everyone in Smallville High school and the surrounding ground started to move again. Pete's sigh was audible as he patted Clark on the back. The friends had a moment of amiable relief.

It was quickly interrupted as Lana screamed, turned and drop kicked the two football players. But the damage was done all those around the area were laughing and pointing at not only those two players but the rest of the team. Their lewd poses were the subject of the flash of several cell phone cameras. In the ensuing havoc, Pete and Clark managed to escape. They both knew they'd gotten lucky in more ways then one, but at least Clark's sexuality and nomination for Prom Queen were no longer front page news.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lionel Luthor smiled as he spun his chair around in his secret office. A phone was plastered to his ear. "Good, and where is he now ,Cat?"

"He's with the State Troopers now making sure that they are doing everything that they can, demanding a house to house search!" Cat laughed into the phone.

"Excellent, excellent, keep me apprised of the situation." Lionel chortled.

"Sweetheart, when can I expect to get my reward?" Cat purred inquisitively into the phone. "I want Lois out now!"

"Soon, my dear, soon as promised you will be in charge of the Daily Planet. This scoop will put you on the map and I will own the paper and all of LexCorp!" Lionel and Cat laughed together before Lionel hung up the phone. He tapped his lips thoughtfully and placed another call.

"Get the Kents out of there now." He hung up the phone and grinned maliciously. Lionel stood stretched picked up his coat and headed back to the helicopter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pete slapped Clark on the back. "Hey man."

Clark looked up from his locker and smiled at his best friend. "I am so ready to go home, Pete."

A frown instantly appeared on Pete's face. "People razzing you bad?"

"Considering what it could be?" Clark stood up, books in hand and slammed the locker. The two friends instantly fell into step together heading toward the main exit. "It could have been a lot worse."

Nodding in understanding, Pete asked, "Anymore…" he waved his free hand about in the air."You know."

"No, thank goodness. It's been okay – that way at least. I'm just a little tired of the sidelong glances and whispering. Thankfully, I didn't have to deal with Lana or the jocks either."

Pete laughed. "Yeah, they've been kissing her butt all day and she's been ice princess. It's been great!" Clark shook his head. Pete, with worry in his eyes, offered to give him a lift home, which Clark gratefully accepted since he wasn't really eager to get home. This at least would give him an excuse to be later – than usual.


Martha looked at the deputy in bewilderment. "Why do you think it will land here?"

"From what I understand, Mrs. Kent, I've told you all I know. I got a call about twenty minutes ago that some big jet liner was having engine problems and is making a beeline for Smallville. I've been ordered to evacuate everyone in its flight path, that's you, the Lang family…"

Jonathan shook his head. "Can we wait until our son gets home so that he knows what…"

A sound of a car coming down the driveway made them all turn around. Clark saw the police cruiser and leapt out of Pete's car, worry etching his face. "MOM! DAD!"

"Easy there, son. Everyone is okay," Jonathan informed Clark softly. Clark and Pete looked at each other with relief.

"Looks like you'll be packing up then? It should be safe to return in two hours," the deputy tipped his hat. "Jonathan, Martha, Clark, Peter," the deputy acknowledged before slipping into his cruiser, radioing in and at last pulled away.

"What's going on?" Clark asked in confusion and distress. "Why are we leaving?"

Martha looked at her husband before smiling at her son. "The deputy said a plane is going to be making an emergency landing in this area so we have to evacuate."

"More like a Lionel Luthor helicopter," Clark said in realization. "Lex said he'd try to get us to leave so he could search the place!"

Jonathan slapped Clark on the shoulder. "Quick, son, make sure that there's no incriminating evidence anywhere." Clark gave a quick nod before going into super-speed causing a breeze in his wake. "Come on, we had better head for town until this blows over."

"Honey, everyone will be there. Town's going to be a mess. Why don't we go to Lex's?" Martha asked instead.

"Why?" Jonathan asked.

"To hear it again, huh, Mrs. Kent?" Pete smiled in understanding.

Martha smiled in return. "Yes, I suppose I do need to hear it once more."

"What's this? We're going to Lex's? Great!" Clark chimed in skidding to a halt beside them. Over his shoulder he had a small camouflage backpack. He exchanged a look with his Dad, answering the unspoken question if he retrieved any evidence.

Satisfied, Jonathan looked at Pete. "Headed home, Pete?"

"Yeah, I better. I bet Mom is seriously freaking out right now!" Pete shook his head, slapped Clark on the shoulder after giving him a meaningful look and then ran toward his car.

"I know that look," Martha admitted. "What's going on, Clark?"

"Can we wait to talk in front of Lex? I'd like to only have to do this once," Clark sighed. "It's been a really long day."

Jonathan shook his head and Martha looked at her husband with concern before smiling back at her son. "Sure, honey. Why don't you grab yourself a snack and meet us at the truck."

"Don’t bother locking up too well. Luthor will only break in anyway," Jonathan muttered as he turned toward his truck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lex arrived at the castle and feeling secure with his performance of the day, wondered what his father's next move would be. He only hoped that he had projected it correctly. As if on cue one of his servants entered the room. "Sir we've just heard over the radio that a plane might be making an emergency landing. As a precaution all homes within its flight path are being evacuated." Lex chuckled and nodded. The servant left the room.

Shaking his head at his father's theatrics he wondered how the older man thought that he could be so blind. A plane? Lex rolled his eyes slipped out of his jacket and proceeded to check his email. He smiled at seeing that Clark had sent him one from school. With a click he started to read it.

To: Lex@lexxcorp.com
From:CKent@TheTorch.org

What a day it's been. But I can't help think mine is nothing compared to yours. I don't know how you do it, Lex, really. I mean the constant chess game; always trying to be a few moves ahead. One thing is for sure, I could never do it myself.

Well, I wasn't kidding when I said it was a day, but I think you'd have been proud of me, Lex. I really dealt with it on my own just like you said. Thanks, you're always there for me even when you aren't around. I hope I can return the favor.

See you later, I'll either invite you over so I only have to do this once, or I'll be over later. Let's just say the thing I told you? It grew in a chilling way. Wish you were here. But I've got it covered, really. So don't worry. You have enough on your plate.

Miss you,
Clark

Lex leaned back resting his chin on his hands wondering what had happened to Clark? He couldn't help think the word chilling might have meant – what cold vision? Or could he really do two powers from his eyes, no wait there was already the x-ray vision and the heat vision from his eyes. Maybe he would have freezing vision too. Lex shivered. Talk about getting a cold glare! Nothing to do now but wait for Clark to call or show up, Lex thought and started to rack up the balls on the billiards table. It always helped him to relax.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chloe Sullivan climbed into her car. She leaned her forehead against the steering wheel. The day had been horrible. First, Lana turning against Clark like that, then Clark believing she had something to do with it. Pete had also been unbelievingly cold toward her. Yet guilt gnawed at her insides for even mentioning the idea in passing. She didn't understand how Clark and Pete had managed to stage the whole incident with the jocks and Lana. Chloe only knew that Lana had decided that was her fault,too.

She sniffed and wiped away some tears with her arm as she shifted the car into gear. Chloe continued to cry on and off, her mascara running into her eyes and making them burn. She continued turning the events of the day over in her head trying to figure out how to make amends. Too preoccupied to notice the cows that had wandered into the main road until the last minute, Chloe slammed on her breaks. She screamed as the car spun out of control, just as Pete Ross rounded the bend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jonathon Kent was telling his son about the day on the farm as they headed toward Castle Luthor. Clark knew that his father was using the events of the day to cover his own anxiety. Staring out the window Clark wondered once again how he was going to break the news to everyone. "Clark?" His mother's voice broke into his thoughts.

Clark swept a hand through his hair. "Sorry, Mom. I guess I've got a lot on my mind."

Jonathon and Martha looked at each other. Martha put a hand on Clark's shoulder. "Is it about school or about Lex?"

"Both, suppose. I know you and Dad signed on in a way to go through all this. But Lex is still getting used to what powers I have. How much can I expect him to go through?" Clark shook his head.

"When you told him son and he agreed to keep your secret, Lex made a choice, too. He could have turned you in or sold you to the highest bidder, or…worse," Jonathan sighed deeply.

"What your father is trying to say, in his own way," Martha put a hand on Jonathan's thigh, "is if he really does care about you like we do then it's not about to suddenly stop because you're changing." Biting her lip Martha plunged on. "Honey, did Lex say how he felt about you?"

Clark thought back to their first kiss and how afterwards Lex told him. "He loves me." Clark smiled. "I guess I'm just being stupid."

"No, son, you're acting like a man who doesn't want to lose what he's got." Jonathan grinned at Martha. "I've been there myself."

"Aww, Jonathan. You don't have to worry," Martha smiled. She turned back to Clark. "I'm sure it will be just fine Clark."

Jonathan shook his head. This topic was still a bit too bizarre to be having. He never thought he'd see the day when a Luthor would talk to a member of his family for more than five minutes, much less save his life and Martha's while being in-love with their son. He felt a gray hair come in as he reached over to turn on the local radio station.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"HOLY SHIT!" Pete Ross spotted Chloe's car spinning as he came around the bend and slammed on the brakes. Holding on to the steering wheel tightly he swerved his car out of the way, narrowly missing Chloe's. Unfortunately, Chloe's car barreled on slamming into the side of the fence. Pete's car came to a sudden halt in front of a startled cow bouncing Pete's head off the steering wheel, knocking him unconscious.

Meanwhile Chloe's car connected hard with the electric fence that was still active, sending a charge through her car. Luckily, her tires all remained on the group grounding the vehicle out. Unfortunately, it also charged her car as it sat mired in a glowing green puddle. The puddle began to boil and hiss away into a green cloud of Kryptonite gas.


Lana Lang was riding her painted horse at full gallop through the fields by her house to get rid of her pent up anger. Her horse reared suddenly as the polluted green electrically charged cloud drifted across their path. Lana fell from her horse, which quickly backed away from the cloud even as Lana was tossed directly into it.

She got up and brushed herself off; noticing as she did electrical sparks flew from her fingertips. Holding a hand up to the air a green lightning bolt shot from her fingertips. Part of her was scared, but it was an internal voice like a conscience and had nothing to do with the feelings of power and revenge she felt now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somebody Save Me…

End Notes:

please review


This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/keikokin/viewstory.php?sid=1056.