Home Is Where The Heart Is by Keikokin (PG-13)
Written for the CLFF Wave #35 AU Professions. Prompt: Realtor & Professional Athlete. When Clark is shown a house he gets more than he bargained for!

Categories: Clark/Lex
Characters: None
Genres: First Time, One-shot, Romance
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Fluff, OOC
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1
Word count: 1810 - Hits: 3293
Complete?: Yes - Published: 11/02/10 - Last Updated: 11/02/10

1. Chapter 1 by Keikokin



Chapter 1 by Keikokin
Author's Notes:
Warnings: Established relationship, fluff, OCC
Beta: Twinsarein
AU: Luthors died, Jonathan lives, Lex raised with Wayne’s.
AN: Written for the CLFF, flashbacks in italics
Disclaimer: The Smallville universe is owned by the CW currently, the WB in the past but DC in its entirety. No maliciousness was intended nor profit being made.


```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“What do you mean you’re getting married!?” Jonathan Kent choked into the phone. Just because he’d known Clark was gay didn’t mean he was ready for this.

On the other end of the phone Clark winced at the tone in his dad’s voice. Maybe he should have waited a bit longer to tell his parents, but he was eager to get married now that he’d found the right person.

“Calm down Jonathan before you have a heart attack,” Martha snapped. “Now Clark, how did you meet this young man?”

“Um, actually he’s my realtor,” Clark blushed as he recalled that day.

“My name is Alexander Luthor, but you may call me Lex.”

“Hi, I’m Clark Kent and I don’t have any cool nicknames,” Clark had shrugged and looked down.

“We can work on that later,” Lex had winked and Clark’s world was forever changed. His heart lost to a man who he’d only just met. He could no more explain it than he could stop being Kryptonian. Maybe that’s why it happened so fast. All Clark knew was that he needed this man in his life.

“But son, this will kill your career!” Clark winced once more. He could just imagine his dad so mad he was spitting angry. Jonathan had always been exceeding proud and boasted of Clark’s achievements on the field. Nothing had been discussed about off the field and Clark had taken the hint and never made any mention of anyone special until now.

“Jonathan! Remember what the doctor said!” Martha chimed in again. “What your father is trying to say is that we’d like to know how you plan to support yourself if you are put off the team? Is he able to support you both?”

“Basically,” Jonathan grumbled into the receiver.

“That’s the funny part. Lex is loaded as it turns out. We’re talking about doing some traveling. We’ll save a fortune in airfare,” Clark laughed.

“You told him??” Martha’s voice was suddenly the quiet fear-filled tone of terror.

“It’s okay mom. He loves me and wouldn’t ever hurt me. You’ll like him I swear.” Clark gave his best sincere voice, hoping his parents could imagine the quivering bottom lip and fluttering eyes that he favored to sell it.

“How loaded?” Jonathan finally asked after a long period of quiet. When Clark super-heard his mom swat his dad in the arm, he laughed - breaking the tension in the air.

“Enough to pay off the farm and think of it as chunk change. Better warn him or he might try to buy you off with a new tractor.” Clark realized, even as he said it that it was something Lex would be very likely to do.

“Where did he get that kind of money?” Jonathan and Martha chorused.

“His parents were the late Lillian and Lionel Luthor, who died the day of the …well, you know.” Clark stumbled to a halt. It wasn’t an easy conversation he and Lex had over that.

“I always thought such a centralized meteor shower to be odd, but now it all makes sense I suppose.” Lex began after Clark blurted out his origins.

“Do you hate me?” Clark had never been more scared of hearing an answer.

After a quiet moment, Lex finally said, “No. I could never hate you. As a matter of fact, since the subject has come up I should probably inform you that I could quite possibly be wildly and madly in love with you. Please don’t let the past come between us and a future together. It was meant to be like this for whatever reason.”

Clark gently and timidly touched his lips to Lex’s and the inferno began as it did each time they touched.

“…Clark? Clark Jerome Kent are you even listening to me?”

Nothing like a mom’s voice using your full name to bring you back to reality in a hurry, Clark thought as he returned from his musings. “Sorry mom, what was that?”

Out of nowhere, Jonathan chuckled. “Well, I’ll be. It must be him Martha!”

“Jon?” Martha queried.

“Martha, it’s him, the little red-haired boy, I’d bet anything on it. Didn’t they say he was a Luthor? Didn’t he touch Clark or something? There was something going on that day between them. You remember?”

“Oh, didn’t they say his name was Alexander?” Martha whispered.

“You know Lex?” Clark was confused now. “Funny he didn’t say anything about it.”

“The two of you rode in the truck together the day you arrived. We found him. Then we turned him over to Children and Youth Authorities. We never saw him again, but there was something in the paper about the Wayne family over in Gotham –“

“Yeah, Bruce and Lex were at the same school when it happened. Bruce made a call and his dad came forward to make him his ward. They are like brothers. Bruce plans to do the same for someone someday, just like his dad did for Lex, making them his ward.”

“Well. So this is the one? When are you bringing Lex out to meet us?” Martha now sounded eager and interested.

Clark sighed with relief. “This weekend okay?”

“Sure thing son and tell Lex we said hello.” Jonathan added, sounding less angry and now simply grumbling. Clark supposed it could have gone much worse and was grateful for his father’s memory coming to the rescue when it did.

“Okay. Love you. Bye!” Clark blurted and hung up the phone. He sagged back into a pair of strong, masculine arms.

“Gotcha. How did it go with the folks?” Lex asked a bit hurriedly, showing his nervousness at their reaction, burrowing into Clark’s neck.

“Amazingly well.” Clark turned and kissed Lex slowly, deeply taking his time to enjoy the moment. Reluctantly he pulled back with a slow grin. “Of course I failed to mention that their big, bad quarterback son was seduced in the very bedroom of the first house you showed me.”

“This is the Master Bedroom, sizable enough for quite a social life. I imagine you have girls falling all over themselves for the star quarterback of the Metropolis Mavericks.”

“I don’t really go for that.” Clark looked purposely into Lex’s eyes. “If you know what I mean.”

Lex’s grin turned positively feral. “I think I do Clark. Tell me, how do they figure out in football who goes first?”

“Um, the coin toss,” Clark frowned not sure where the conversation was now going.

Pulling out a coin Lex took a step closer to Clark, close enough that Lex could smell the exoticness of Clark. It made him hard as hell. Flipping the coin into the air, he said, “I call tails.”

Clark’s eyes seemed to flash from within with red lightning as he took a step closer. “Heads.”

Beside them the coin clattered to the ground forgotten as Lex pushed Clark to the bed. “It’s a tie.” He smiled and lowered himself to kiss his client. He could worry about ethics later.

Lex grinned at the memory. He later bought the house as an investment property. Perhaps it would be a wedding present later on. “I don’t think of it as seduction, more like a forward pass.”

“It was nice to be on the receiving end,” Clark kissed Lex, who was hardening even more at the onslaught of sexual memories that provoked. The sight of that body lying across a bed; willing, ready, tight ass in the air–

Lex quickly pulled and adjusted himself much to Clark’s amusement. The glare Lex sent him quieted him instantly. “So I still need to find us a perfect house.”

“Why not the house you already bought?” Clark chuckled. “Don’t look so surprised, when you try to keep things from me your heartbeat gets faster.”

“That’s cheating,” Lex huffed, yet he felt his curiosity peaked.

“No tests, not today,” Clark licked at the place under Lex’s ear that never failed to get the other man’s attention. “Today let’s move into our perfect house.” He trailed down to Lex’s collarbone, nosing aside the dress shirt. “And become each other’s perfect spouse?”

Lex winced at Clark’s bad poetry, but felt it warm his heart anyway. “That was corny Clark.”

“But you want to marry me anyway,” Clark boasted.

“Yeah, how could I not?” Lex sighed. He really was head over heels in love when it came to the corny, quiet, handsome farmer boy from Smallville with a romantic streak a mile wide.

His office at Luthor Luxury Living Ltd. had been covered in roses from the window to the desk to the little in/out trays. And right in the middle was a heart shaped box of candy with a box attached. Lex had felt the breeze behind him as he closed the door.

“Do you like it?” Clark asked eagerly.

“You shouldn’t fly in broad daylight.” Lex answered without thinking staring in shock at the greenhouse before him.

“Is that a ‘yes’? OH, but wait… hold on a minute,” Clark held out a hand to stop Lex from going further and in a blink he was in front of Lex and on his knees. In his hand was the small box that had been attached to the candy. He flipped it open. “I didn’t think grandma’s ring was going to cut it. So this is granddads. I put the diamond dust on though.”

Lex couldn’t breathe as he saw the diamond dust that had indeed been imbedded into the previously plain gold band, turning it into a showroom beauty. Clark rushed on at his silence. “If you don’t like it, I could make one all by hand. Or if you think it’s too soon after only six weeks, I get that too. Oh, and I checked we can get married here thanks to Proposition 42.”

Clark’s rambling was creating an odd kind of happy feeling inside of Lex and the next thing he knew he was saying ‘yes’ the only way he knew how, with body language. By the time he’d pulled back from the enthusiastic kiss/grope/grind session that took most of his lunch hour, Lex managed to finally say. “Anytime, anywhere, anyplace.”

“Geez Lex, a simple ‘yes’ would have worked.” Clark smirked. “But I sure do like how you say it.”

“Earth to Lex, I said I love you.” Clark pouted.

Lex snapped out of his reverie and looked at his fiancé who was an alien, who was beyond beautiful and beyond all imaginings; his everything. “And I love you Clark, more than you’ll ever know. I feel like on some level you risked your life for mine and I was drowning in darkness, ready to die.”

“Sheesh, Lex, dramatic much?” Clark teased. Some of the things Lex came up with! “Ready to go christen another surface?”

“Sold!” Lex cheered then dragged a very willing Clark to the bedroom.



This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/keikokin/viewstory.php?sid=1032.