Lancelot's Absence by Keikokin (PG)
A companion piece to Lancelot's Leaving. 

Categories: Merlin
Characters: None
Genres: Angst, Fantasy, Romance
Warnings: Fluff, OOC
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1
Word count: 455 - Hits: 1791
Complete?: Yes - Published: 09/10/09 - Last Updated: 09/10/09
Story Notes:
Thank you to Nefernat for taking time out of her OWN busy writing schedule to beta this for me. Just like old times! *big grin*

1. Chapter 1 by Keikokin



Chapter 1 by Keikokin
Author's Notes:

After such kind words with my first foray into this fandom, it didn't seem right to leave it alone so this was born. I hope it lives up to my first one, although by the looks of things it won't be the last!

It's worse than I thought

Title: Lancelot's Absence

Author: Lady Keikokin

Beta: Nefernat

Pairing: Merlin/Arthur; only pre-slash at this point

Disclaimer: These characters are the property of others. I mean no malicious intent in any way.

Authors Note: This could be considered a second in what I hope to be a series to Lancelot's Leaving. Also, this is all Nefernat's fault.

 

 

It's worse than I thought. Even with the horror that the fake physician brought, Arthur has been stand offish and cool. So I began to think more of Lancelot. Why had he come into our lives? Was he part of the destiny that Arthur and I shared?

 

It makes me smile of it even now to have accepted that last bit. The bit about our destiny, even the Dragon says it over and over. Now Gaius says it too. But I can't do it alone. Gaius, I almost lost you this time because Arthur wouldn't stand up to his father. I'm a bit put off towards him for that.

 

Luckily today was the day that Gauis was reinstated as Physician. I'm really, really happy for him. He was quite happy too. Although, it has made me wonder how long he really can continue on doing what he does day after day. Today marked another good thing as well, Arthur talked to me again, decently. That is to say he wasn't a total prat.

 

I was glad to see Gaius back at work.

 

Yeah, me too.

 

You too. I mean, it's good that all is well with you. It is, isn't it?

 

Arthur, is there something wrong? You seem a bit flushed.

 

After that, he sort of ran off mumbling something about going to see Gaius. I hope he's okay.

 

Gwen said something odd to me today.

 

Merlin, may I ask you something?

 

Sure, Gwen you know you can ask me anything.

 

What would you do if a man asked to be with you?

 

That's an odd question. Why? Should I expect something like that to happen?

 

And suddenly, just like that she said she thought she heard Lady Morgana calling her and she was off like a busy little bee. It was odd that I didn't hear Lady Morgana either, but the question really had my mind moving. Who on earth could Gwen be talking about? I'm not stupid. I could tell that she was asking for someone else? But who? One of the King's guards? I need to watch Gwen and see who she talks to.

 

What would I do? If only Arthur'

 

The hour grows late and my candle grows low.

 

Merlin Emrys

 


This story archived at http://www.squidge.org/keikokin/viewstory.php?sid=1016.