Personality Change, chapter one. The House Fan Fiction Archive Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Personality Change, chapter one. by enots Chapter One. "Hey Foreman, you got a second?" Cameron pokes her head around the glass office door. "Uh, yeah, just finishing up here," he closes the medical textbook he is studying and focuses on her. She laces her fingers behind her back and enters the room. "What's up?" he asks, walking to the kitchen and staring indecisively. "Do you have any plans for Friday night?" Foreman pokes his head into one of cupboards. "Cameron. I like you, but we're just friends, okay?" Cameron sits down, smiling crookedly at his little joke. "I'm not asking you out on a date." Foreman makes a 'gotcha' face and grabs the sugar pot. "Friday night is(I) date night," he says, pouring steaming coffee into a cup. "Well, Friday night I'm singing in a, ah, a 'concert' - more a competition, actually. I thought you might like to come, bring someone if you-" "I'm sorry?" he whips his head around, spoonful of sugar mid-air. "Did you say 'singing'? Cause that's what I heard." "Unparalleled skills of deduction." House strides into the room, Wilson in tow. Foreman ignores House, wipes his hands on his lab coat and walks nearer to her. "You mean someone else is singing right? Someone you know is singing?" "No. I'm singing." Cameron feels tension in the front of her face and rubs at it. "It's a Motown anniversary thing," her voice trails off. "Motown? Oh man, this is just too much. You singing is hard enough to comprehend, but, I'm sorry...Motown?" Foreman shakes his head. "I'll be singing some Motown standards," she can sense House and Wilson staring, no doubt amused(I). "But," Foreman persists. "But what?" she says, trying to keep her tone even. "But you're so white(I)." House guffaws behind her. "There will be other singers. I'm just doing two songs." "Why? Why would you do that?" Foreman is insistent. "So," Wilson politely deflects Foreman's questions for her. "Are we invited?" "Invited to what?" Chase walks into the room, hands on hips. "Cameron's singing Friday night," Foreman explains through a huge grin. "Are you sure?" Chase asks, looking about their faces with uncertainty. "Cameron has soul," House smirks. "God," she groans, making for the door. "I'm(I)singing. Bar Open. Eight o'clock. Come. Don't come. I don't care." * * * * * * * * * * "Oh, we are so there," Chase laughs in the direction of Foreman who's still shaking his head. "Intriguing," Wilson turns expectantly to House, awaiting another glib remark. "Don't look at me. It's too easy." He limps off to his office. "So I'll see you there," Wilson calls after him. There is no response. He tests his interest: "You don't think it's at all strange that Cameron would be singing?" He hears the television, volume gradually increasing. "Eight o'clock," Wilson yells on his way out.   Please post a comment on this story. Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of Fox Television, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.