Unsaid The House Fan Fiction Archive Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Unsaid by ElizabethsRage She new it wouldn't be perfect, but the threat of imperfection wasn't enough to keep her away. She didn't need perfect, she didn't want perfect. What she wanted was him. She only wished she knew why. He intrigued her. She could never understand how a man who appeared not to care about anyone or anything could be as passionate as he was. His mixture of bitterness and feigned invulnerability, he was a puzzle she wanted to solve. Add to the mix his intelligence and wit and humor, and the fact that he was sexy as hell, and she was lost. She knew what he thought about her feelings for him. A crush, he had called it; to him she was only a damaged girl who needed to fix him. He couldn't be further than the truth. He didn't know that she was the one who felt broken on the inside. She was so startled by the realization that she actually could feel something again, and she was just as puzzled as he was that these feelings were directed at him. She would take unrequited love over the heart-wrenching numbness she had felt everyday for the past six years any day. Her love would never break through his barriers; after all it hadn't been enough to save her dying husband. She didn't believe in fairy tales anymore, but she never stopped believing in love. She picked up her menu, and stared at it... ***** He didn't know what to make of it. All of the defensive mechanisms he developed for just this reason weren't working, and he didn't know why. Looking down at his menu, he was thinking of the fragile creature sitting mere inches away from him. He had pushed her away, with sarcasm and digs that he hoped would unsettle her, but she was immune to his barbs. Her persistence made him push harder, he didn't know why she stayed. The pain in his leg seemed a constant reminder that there was no feeling left in him anymore, but there was pain that even Vicodin couldn't numb What could she possibly see in him? Looking at her over his lowered menu as she studied her own, he knows why he agreed to this farce of a date. He tells himself that he didn't want to lose her as a colleague; she was a talented physician. He won't admit that he just didn't want to lose her. ***** There are some doors better left unopened, some words best left unsaid.   Please post a comment on this story. Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of Fox Television, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.