Wedding Negotiations The House Fan Fiction Archive Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Wedding Negotiations by lilyleia78 Wedding Negotiations When House found the bag of M on his desk, his first thought was `Cool, free candy!' His second thought was that Kutner was sucking up again. But every thought he had stopped abruptly when he opened the bag and found a plain gold band among the chocolate candies. Romantic sap, House scoffed affectionately as he slipped the ring on his finger. It was a perfect fit, and how Wilson knew his ring size was a mystery. House stared at the band for a minute, thoughts churning. Coming to a conclusion, he hauled himself up and headed for the balcony. He hopped over the dividing wall and banged into Wilson's office. It was getting late and Wilson was alone. Too bad really, Wilson hardly ever responded appropriately to his dramatic entrances. An audience would have been nice. "We'd better get a few things straight right now," he warned plopping down on the couch. Wilson glanced up from his paperwork briefly before returning his attention back to the chart he was reviewing. It was subtle, but House didn't miss the way those brown eyes had searched out his left hand before looking away. He grinned. If Wilson wanted to act like getting engaged was an everyday occurrence, he was game. For Wilson it practically is an everyday occurrence. House thought to himself. "I'm not going along with any ridiculous wedding traditions. You've had lots of opportunities to get that crap out of your system." House growled. Wilson deliberately finished his task and put everything away before responding. He folded his hands atop his desk and gave House his full attention. House wondered if this was what James's patients felt like when they were being evaluated. "What are you counting as ridiculous wedding traditions?" he asked sensibly. "No throwing bouquets, no unity candles, no throwing rice," House began. "I think you're supposed to throw bird seed now. The rice expands in bird's stomachs. Bird lovers are afraid they'll blow up." Wilson told him. "That would be cool. Rice throwing is back up for consideration," House said before continuing his list. "No receiving line, no temple, no carrying someone across the threshold and under no circumstances is my dad going to be walking me down the aisle." Wilson smiled at the image, but managed to stifle his laughter. "So you're obviously the bride then. Will you be wearing a white gown?" House glowered at him. "You get to be the bride. You've already played groom three times. I won't make you wear the gown and veil, but you will have to wear a garter of my choosing." Wilson's grin grew. "Should I move out for awhile to preserve the sanctity of the wedding night?" House looked horrified. "You'd deprive your fianc of sex? You're supposed to love, honor and obey, not torture." Wilson gave up the battle to hold in his laughter. "Okay. What about a reception?" House considered the matter. "A small one. I want chocolate cake, but no smashing it in my face." "You behave, and I'll behave. That's all I can promise. Shattering the glass?" House hesitated now. He didn't really believe in any of that religious crap, but, "Is it important to you?" Wilson shrugged. "It's important to my mother." "Fine, but I get to pick our music." "Done. Anything else?" "Yes. None of this stupid name hyphenating thing. I'm staying House. You can call yourself whatever you want." "Fair enough," Wilson said. "What are your feelings about a honeymoon?" "An excuse to take an extra vacation that includes you naked? What do you think my feelings are on that?" "I'll take that as a yes. It sounds like we've got ourselves a deal. Do you want to shake on it?" Wilson's tone was serious, but his eyes sparkled with mirth. House leered at him. "Take me home and I can think of a more fun way to seal the deal." Wilson came around the desk and offered a hand. House took it and pulled himself up. Wilson kept hold of the hand, staring at his ring and gently stroking his thumb over it. House watched the oncologist for a moment before reaching his right hand into his pocket. He pulled out a gold band of his own. Wilson looked up into startling blue eyes and held out his left hand, never releasing House. House slipped the ring on. It was also a perfect fit, but that wasn't surprising. House had ways of getting information he wanted. House pressed a tender to kiss to Wilson's lips and then retrieved his cane. "Let's go home."   Please post a comment on this story. Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.