Wandering The House Fan Fiction Archive Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Wandering by JayceSnape I walk within these busy halls and can almost see your weathered face. The places where we used to sit an talk now resonate with new voices. Staring into the place where you reigned, I feel sorrow well up as an unworthy man struts in your sacred place. I wish you were still here to con money from me. I wish I could still run from the world and hide in your apartment, eating Chinese food and watching those awful soaps. I did not lose you to those damn pills, nor did I lose you to that deathtrap you insisted on driving, that I unknowingly bought for you. No, you withered away from a disease that no one could diagnose, not even your ducklings, new and old. It was a never-been-discovered virus. I wonder if it would amuse you to know it was named after you, House's Syndrome. It is being studied and now, five years later, there's even a treatment for it. I can feel the glances filled with pity as unfamiliar figures hurry past. A hand slowly guides me away and, when I turn, Chase's worried blue eyes fill my vision. No, no, I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Just let me be on my way. Up the stairs you could never climb, I wander away. Those who knew you, knew us, just let me pass, and Kutner pats my shoulder when I get close enough. I try not to flinch, but by the look on Thirteen's face, I didn't succeed. Up the stairs, I keep going. Finally, I reach the roof. I know it's clich, but I can't live without you. You're waiting for me, just beyond my sight. I take a step closer... and fall into you, into oblivion.   Please post a comment on this story. Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.