Loneliness The House Fan Fiction Archive Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Loneliness by Paging Dr House There he sits at this desk He feels alone, lost in his quest Head bent down, lights turned low A puzzle to solve, he just has to know He taps his cane, his heart closed off His eyes glazed over, mind shuts off He is in himself now, blocking out the world Deep in thought about accusations hurled He thinks back to a time without pain No need for pills to help maintain Remembers the smiles, the touch of love She walked away, with one final shove Why he did it, he may never know Did he really sink that low He shut her out, he pushed her away Closed himself off, till there was nothing left to say His mind snaps back to the problem at hand Curses his leg as he ties to stand He does his job and when done right His loneliness will save another tonight   Please post a comment on this story. Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of Fox Television, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.