The Wrath-Bearing Tree The House Fan Fiction Archive Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   The Wrath-Bearing Tree by TelegramSam After such knowledge, what forgiveness? --- Wilson turns away because he can't look at him. So, he looks at the others instead. He looks at Cuddy and sees the accusation in Cuddy's eyes, and the softness as well. It hurts him, so he stops looking at her. He looks at Cameron and sees the pity in Cameron's eyes, and the sympathy. He doesn't deserve it, so he stops looking at her. He looks at Chase and sees the disappointment in Chase's eyes, and the barely hidden disgust. It makes the bile rise in his throat, so he stops looking at him. He looks at Foreman and sees the anger in Foreman's eyes, and can't tell whether it is directed at him or at the whole world. It is unnerving, so he stops looking at him. He looks at Kutner and sees the bland acceptance in Kutner's eyes, and the sense of inevitable fate fulfilled. He can't accept this natural and right, not yet, so he stops looking at him. He looks at Thirteen and sees the shock in Thirteen's eyes, and the fear. It makes his heart ache, so he stops looking at her. He's glad that Taub has already gone home, so he doesn't have to see what is in his eyes. He goes home as well, and he looks at the emptiness beside him in bed, and wishes he could see the warmth in Amber's eyes just one more time. He gets up to use the bathroom and stops in front of the sink. He looks at himself, and sees the pain in his eyes, and the emptiness. It makes him feel like the shattered wreck he is, so he stops looking at himself. There's nothing else he can do, so he goes back to bed He dreams about House's eyes and sees the accusation in them, and the softness, and the sympathy (but never pity). He sees the disappointment in them, and the disgust, and the anger (but never acceptance). He sees the shock, as well as the fear (neither of which have anything to do with danger of his request, but all to do with the asking itself). He looks at House in that brief moment waking from his coma, and he sees blue eyes full of pain and emptiness, and the love he tries so hard to hide (mostly from himself). Wilson wakes up in the morning and wonders if he will every be able to look at anyone every again.   Please post a comment on this story. Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.