Seizing the day. The House Fan Fiction Archive Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Seizing the day. by Merihn NOTES: Ok, this is my first House fic. *hyperventilates* As is usual with my forays into new fandoms, this is short. Very short. Please, please tell me what you think. I'm in a cold sweat over here. "She stole a kiss from Chase, what have you done lately?" House stood up carefully, leaving his cane behind and stepped up close to Wilson. "So, stealing a kiss is a sign of bravery now? Of seizing the day? Would it show how brave I was if I manipulated someone into kissing me?" House pitched his tone high. "I'm old and alone and afraid no one will love me... won't you show me that isn't true?" "Maybe it would show that you're capable of doing something without thinking it through to death, without finding a way to make it a jab at someone else." Wilson replied passively, staring straight at House. "So if I did this..." House leaned in slowly, tilting his head to the side. "What would it tell you?" "That you aren't afraid anymore." Wilson breathed out, just barely moving forward. House swallowed, felt the warm rush of Wilson's breath on his lips and pushed everything from his mind, every sarcastic comment that rose in response, every tight squeeze of fear, the doubt that made him want to run, bum leg be damned. He kept his eyes open as he closed the gap between them and pressed their mouths together, just a brief, dry brush of lips. He pulled back after a moment, suddenly ultra aware of the glass walls of his office, of the people walking by, mere feet from where they stood, too close. Wilson stayed where he was, eyes gently closed, and a rush of arousal, so strong, so sudden took over House's body that he thought he might be knocked over by it. "Maybe..." He cleared his throat, cleared the uncertainty from it. "Maybe we could continue this later. Somewhere that doesn't have two glass walls and isn't my office." Wilson sucked in a breath and opened his eyes. After a moment he laughed a little and shook his head. "Yeah, maybe."   Please post a comment on this story. Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.