He Knew The House Fan Fiction Archive Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   He Knew by fluffmonster He knew that he couldn't avoid James forever, but he wasn't ready to face him. How could he tell his best friends that he loved him? He tried to ignore all of the emotions that he felt, building up walls, hoping that they would just go away. But he knew that wasn't the way it worked. How did this happen? He knew that James would find him eventually. He decided against finding him first; this being the only time he chose not to be the pursuer of things. Before he could figure out what to do, he heard the knock on his door that he knew all to well. The door was locked. "House? I know you're in there." James called form the other side of the door. "Go away." He flatly replied. "Come on. Don't do this." "I said, go away!" He knew that wasn't the end of it. He watched James cross the dividing wall of the balcony, and as he slid open the balcony door, Greg turned to walk away. James caught him by the arm. "Stop." "Not much of a choice..." he said. James let go of his arm and he turned to look out the window. He couldn't face him. Silence was filling the room until James finally spoke. "What are you hiding?" "Nothing. You?" "We both know that isn't true. We also know that I'm not leaving until you tell me. So please, save us both some time and frustration, and tell me why you've been avoiding me." Greg lowered his head and stared at the floor. "I...I can't" "Why? Are you afraid that I'll find out that you did something stupid and lecture you? Because I honestly don't care if-" "I love you." Greg interrupted. They were both silent as the realization of what he said sank in. "You what?" His voice changed and his tone became softer. "You love me? Really?" Greg raised his head and nodded before looking out the window again. Without thinking, James moved closer to Greg until he was behind him. He knew that Greg could see him in the window. "James, I...I'm sorry. I care more than that. I just don't know how to say it." James put his hand on Greg's shoulder and turned him around to face him. He looked into to his eyes and smiled as he said, "You don't have to say it. Show it."   Please post a comment on this story. Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.