Sweet Dreams Are Made of This The House Fan Fiction Archive Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Sweet Dreams Are Made of This by phinnia In retrospect, Wilson realized that his sexual identity began shifting higher on the Kinsey scale with the appearance of Annie Lennox. She was the marijuana of girls: the perfect gateway drug for the aspiring bisexual who had (or wanted to have) everything. Back in college (sense memories: McTavish Street, choked with fog and drizzle on an October Thursday; the ache of shoulders burdened with orgchem textbooks, traces of gravy from lunch on his lips - why did America never discover the wonder that was fries with gravy and cheese curd anyway?) he'd heard the Eurythmics single for the first time during a late night study session, his fingers skidding along the radio dial in a desperate attempt to tune in something, anything, that wasn't buried in the muddy, half-legible slang of Quebecois French. The thumping bassline and Annie's vocals were the perfect thing - too perfect; the earworm burrowed into his head and showed no signs of leaving. He was humming it for the next week. He bought the single the following Friday. He bought the poster because of the single, and hung it over his desk: Annie with her orange crew cut and formal suit and tie, Annie the androgyne - square shoulders, long limbs, full pout, who watched over him like some kind of New Wave guardian angel during problem set after problem set. She was magnetic. She was inscrutable. She was nothing like the girls he dated, but not unlike a few of the boys. He wore out the 12" single - and the ears off a couple of roommates, too.   Please post a comment on this story. Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.