Love Hurts The House Fan Fiction Archive Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Love Hurts by AngelEyez Disclaimer: I don't own HOUSE MD. Or any characters from the show. However, all of the other characters mentioned in this story are original. Some plot lines were derived from previous episodes but everything has my own spin on it...thanks and enjoy! Love Hurts He used his cane to follow the beat of the song that was engulfing his entire office. He shut his eyes and continued to tap his cane to the beat. His legs were crossed awkwardly on top of his desk and that's when he had a flashback. There he was, pacing back and forth in his office. The time was 3:39 AM and he didn't even care. This latest case was plaguing him, torturing him you could say. Besides being unable to figure out how a woman had died and just recently came back to life as her husband was crying over her lifeless body was beyond House and that is what was so frustrating for him. That and how his Diagnostic Team was falling apart. About a week ago Dr. Foreman had announced his resignation also stating how he didn't want to end up like Dr. House. After that happened House decided to fire Dr. Chase, another member of his astounding Team. In firing Chase, House thought that Foreman would be happy about it and decide to stay but just like everything else in his life...his plan backfired only making Foreman want to leave sooner and also making Dr. Cameron question all his recent actions. Right as House was about to grab his bag and call it a night, he looked over at his door and in the moonlit room he could see Dr. Cameron standing there, staring at him with her usual questioning glare. "I'm sorry; I'm not hiring Chase back so you can make out with him in the closet...how High School of you" House stated. Cameron let out a small laugh and walked towards House. He could see she had a white envelope in her hand as their eyes met in an intense gaze. "Better be naked pictures" House said to her. "It's my resignation letter...I've gotten all I can from this job" Cameron said handing House the envelope. House took the envelope from her and threw it down on his desk. "What do you expect me to do? Break down and apologize? Beg Chase to come back?" House said to her. "No, I expect you to do what you always do...I expect you to make a joke and go on...I expect you to be just fine" Cameron said as she placed her hand on his arm. "I'll miss you" She said with a smile and then walked off. House was brought back to reality by Dr.Cuddy throwing a file down on his lap and unplugging his iPod. "House! What are you doing? Get up and either start on this case with whatever Team you have left or I'll assign you Clinic Duty for the rest of today" Cuddy yelled at him. "Ok Geez...I'll take the case" House said as he flipped through the file. "Did you talk to Chase yet?" Cuddy asked him. "Uh yeah...he said he'll tell the Kangaroos that you said hi" House said as he stood up with his cane. "Foreman is in the clinic right now and you better be nice to him...once Chase comes back you'll have to find a replacement for Cameron...I have some resumes in-" Cuddy was cut off by House leaving his office and slamming his own door behind him. On his way down to the clinic House sees Chase walking towards him. As Chase is about to say something to House, House stops him and hands Chase the new case file. "Sorry no one could agree on a theme for your Welcome Back Party...I personally thought the Asian Strippers dancing in Bamboo Cages was a winner but apparently Foreman has something against Asian Strippers...who knew?" House said as he went to walk off but Chase stopped him. "What the hell is this?" Chase asked him waving the file in his face. House sighed deeply as he snatched the file away from Chase and began to read out loud all the necessary information. "Hannah Morganthal, a 17 year old teenager says she cannot feel any pain...has no fever, rashes, bruising, Tox screen came back normal and so did her EKG...she has had broken bones before but has felt no pain once the initial break takes place..." House trailed off as he felt a shooting pain in his leg. "It sounds like Congenital Insensitivity to Pain and Anhidrosis, otherwise known as CIPA" Chase said as he watched House swallow his usual dosage of Vicodin. "No, really? Are you sure about that?" House said to him. Chase just glared at House as he closed the file. "Get a scan of her brain" House said as he walked away from a newly confused Chase. "Foreman! We have a case" House announced as he barged right into the examining room Dr. Foreman was in with a patient. "House, can it wait? I'm with a patient" Foreman said to him. House rolled his eyes as he shut the door behind him. "She has a cold" House stated nonchalantly as he sat down across the room. Foreman and the patient both glared at House as Foreman continued his examination. "A 17 year old teenage girl has CIPA...otherwise known as-" House was cut off by Foreman. "Congenital Insensitivity to Pain and Anhidrosis" Foreman finished for him. "Right...Chase is taking a look at her brain right now and I want you to take a look at her heart...that is of course after your done diagnosing her amazing cold" House said as he got up and left the room. "The results of her Cat Scan came back normal" Chase said. "As did the results of her Echocardiogram" Foreman said. House stood there with his back facing Chase and Foreman. He glared at the white board he had written her symptoms down on and he became frustrated. "Just because the tests say its normal doesn't mean its normal...there's something wrong...I can feel it" House said. Chase and Foreman just looked at each other as House continued to speak. "I don't know where you guys went to Medical School but someone who can't feel pain isn't considered normal" House said. "So what are you saying? That she's lying or that you want us to purposely inflict pain on her?" Chase questioned him. "Of course but there will be time for that later...right now is what we need to think about" House said. "You know what I think? I think that the only reason you took this case is so you can explore her disease...you're curious about someone who can't feel pain because you always feel pain" Foreman said standing up. Before House could reply with any kind of sarcastic or witty remark, Chase and Foreman's beepers went off. "She has a fever" Chase said as him and Foreman dashed out of the room, leaving House with a smirk on his lips. "She had a 103 degree fever and during the Angiogram she broke out in a second degree burn" Chase explained. "I think it's an infection" Foreman said. "Of course you would" House replied. "It can't be an infection...it doesn't explain her sudden paranoia" Chase said. "Diagnosing it as an infection would be taking the easy way out...and could also end up killing her faster" House said as he walked out of his room. House entered the girls Hospital Room. He sat down on a nearby chair as he studied her. "You can't feel pain...nothing left but pleasure...why don't you tell me how wonderful that is?" House asked her. "It sucks" she replied. "Better than being in pain all the time" House retorted. "Every morning I have to check my eyes to make sure I didn't scratch a cornea in my sleep" she said. "Oh God, stop...I'm in a pool of tears here" House said sarcastically. "I can't cry" she said. "Neither can I" House whined. "Every morning I check my eyes for jaundice...in case the Vicodin's finally shot my liver" he said. "Boys can't hold me for too long because I can overheat" she said. "Girls can't hold me for too long because I only pay for an hour" House replied. "I need an alarm on my watch to remind me to go to the bathroom" she said. "I got shot" House said. "I sat on the stove when I was three...want to see the coil marks?" she asked him. House raised his brow in curiousness and as she was moving in her bed, she stopped and her face got pale white. "I-I-I can't feel my legs" she said. House's eyes widened in surprise as he grabbed a nearby pin and started poking her legs. "You can't feel this pin poking you?" he asked her. "I can't feel anything!!! I can't feel it!!!" she started to scream so much that she managed to fall right out of her bed. "It's a Neurological problem" Foreman said. "She fell out of bed last night and broke both her legs and her pelvic bone" Chase reminded him. "At least she didn't feel it" House interrupted. "Still think it's an infection?" House asked Foreman. Foreman just rolled his eyes at House. "I think it's-" House was cut off by somebody else talking, an unfamiliar yet strangely comforting new voice. "It's a B-12 deficiency...it explains her easy breakages, paranoia, high fever and numbness" this new voice said. Everyone had stopped what they were doing to pay attention to this new entity. "House, Dr's Foreman and Chase...I'd like you to meet the newest member of your team, Dr. Christine Massina, she's an Immunologist originally from The Mayo Clinic, she graduated top in her class and she's from New York" Dr. Cuddy said. "Nice to meet you" Chase said as him and Foreman stood right up in acceptation. "Welcome to Princeton Plainsboro" Foreman said. "Thank you" Christine said walking more into the room. Her eyes met with House's and he didn't look too pleased. "Dr. House...it's a pleasure to finally meet you...I've followed you for a while...you truly are a great asset to this hospital" Christine said. House continued to stare at her. She was gorgeous, average height, tan skin, long straight black hair, big green eyes, a smile as white as Foreman's pupils and House guessed at least D Cup breasts. House was brought out of his obvious trance by Cuddy. "House? Your new team member is giving you a compliment" she said to him. House just glared at Cuddy and then softened his look at Christine. "Excuse us for a moment" House said as he grabbed Cuddy's arm and led her outside of his office. "You can't possibly tell me that you're upset" Cuddy said to him. "Upset? How could I be upset? An irresistibly sexy Italiana is exactly what I had in mind for a new team member...I mean Chase and Foreman rarely get distracted" House said. Cuddy's jaw dropped in shock. "House, you can't be serious! Besides being...beautiful...she's a good Doctor and came here highly recommended" Cuddy said. "That's great...I'm sure she did...just make sure the next time you go ahead of ME and hire someone for MY Diagnostic Team that they're not incredibly hot and ENGAGED!" House said to her. "Engaged?" Cuddy questioned him. "Yea...either you have major Cataracts or you just didn't notice that huge rock sitting on her finger" House said as he walked back into his office. "Now where were we? Ah yes...Dr. Massina suggested a B-12 deficiency...it does explain her symptoms but if you looked closely at her file you would see that while she was in the ER she got a B-12 injection" House said as he threw down a file for Christine to look at. "Dumb and Dumber go check her house for anything out of the ordinary...Dr. Massina and I are going to do a spinal nerve biopsy" House said. "You can't! You'll paralyze her!" Chase said. "Her parents will never consent to that" Foreman said. "If the biopsy comes back normal we'll know that it's not a Neurological defect" Christine said. "I like her...I'd watch your back though...Foreman thinks he's the Neurologist here" House said to her. Christine laughed quietly to herself. "I am a Neurologist and we already ruled out any kind of Neurological problem" Foreman said. "The Cat Scans all came back normal; there were no abnormalities or obstructions visible" Chase said. House just looked at Chase as his statement played over in his mind. "Chase, check her house...Foreman, get consent from the parents...Massina, you come with me" House said as he stood up signaling his seriousness. Chase and Foreman just stared at him as he and Christine walked out of the office. "Where do you think they're going?" Chase asked Foreman. "Cuddy" Foreman said. "She never says no to him" Chase said. "That's not true" Foreman said. "Well nobody ever says no to him" Chase repeated himself. "He'll come back...He'll browbeat us... He'll give us seven reasons and eventually we'll fall...we all will, not just me." Foreman explained. "Even Christine?" Chase asked him. "He's already got her under his spell...as far as I'm concerned she's just another Cameron willing to do whatever, whenever to be number one in his eyes" Foreman said. "That's a little harsh now, don't you think? We just met the girl and you already have her pegged as some House Groupie" Chase said to him. "We just met her and you're already taking her side" Foreman said as he stood up and left the room. "Where are we going?" Christine asked House as she followed him through the crowded hallways. "We're going to hell...also known as Dr. Cuddy's office" House said stopping in the middle of the corridor. "Dr. House, I'm sorry but I will not have any part in manipulating Dr. Cuddy" Christine said to him. "Don't worry...you're still too new for manipulating anyone, just pay attention to the pro" House said as he barged his way into Dr. Cuddy's office. "House, what do you want now?" Cuddy asked him. "It's not about what I want...it's about what my patient needs in order to live to see her Senior Prom" House said. "What does she need?" Cuddy asked him. "Dr. Massina and I believe that the patient needs a spinal nerve biopsy in order to fully rule out any Neurological defects" House said. "Isn't Foreman a Neurologist?" Cuddy asked him. "Yes he is...he's also a stubborn Taurus who enjoys basketball and long walks on the beach" House said. Cuddy just glared at House. "Foreman doesn't want to do it...and neither does Chase...that's why you're here and asking me" Cuddy said. "No, really? I thought it was protocol to run any decisions that MY Diagnostic Team comes up with by you first for prior approval" House said. "That's the way it should be" Cuddy said to him. "Look, she doesn't have much time left...can we do the biopsy or not?" House asked Cuddy. "Did you get her parents approval?" Cuddy asked him. "Foreman is working on it" House answered her. "Fine...do your biopsy...but if you paralyze her...you will be held accountable" Cuddy said. House left Cuddy's office with a sense of accomplishment. "That was unbelievable" Christine said as her and House headed towards the patients room. "Oh stop, you'll make me blush" House said as they stopped in front of the patients empty room. "Maybe Foreman and Chase are running other tests" Christine said. "I doubt it...we're probably too late" House said as he made his way towards the OR with Christine right behind him. They got to the OR's observation room and sure enough there was their patient being operated on. "What did you do?" House asked Chase as he pressed the intercom. "I did nothing...she went into cardiac arrest" Chase answered him as he continued operating. "So much for our nerve biopsy" Christine said to House. House just looked at her and then it hit him. "I'll be right back, keep your eye on Dr. Chase" he said as he hurried out of the room. Christine just stood there in shock as she saw Dr. House barge his way into the operating room. "House, what are you doing?" Chase asked as House pushed him out of the way. "I'm calling security" a Nurse said. "We don't have to do a nerve biopsy" House said as he started feeling around inside her open stomach. "We weren't going to do the biopsy anyway" Chase answered him. "Cuddy gave the okay so we were going to do it but...there's really no use in doing it now" House said as he pulled a 25 foot tapeworm from out of her intestines. Later on that night, House watched as Christine spoke to their patient. "She's going to be fine" Christine said as she came out of the room and handed House the patients report. "I know" House said as he dismissed the report. "How did you figure it out?" Christine asked him as they started to walk down the hallway. "A true Magician never reveals his secrets" House said. "You're not a Magician...you're a Doctor" Christine said. "Technically it's the same thing" House said. Christine just laughed. "Why did you do that?" House asked her. "Do what?" Christine asked him. "You laughed...no one ever laughs at me" House said. "Dr. House...I know all about you...I know what you like and what you don't like...I know what scares you and I know that deep down inside you do care about your patients and that is what makes you an amazing Doctor" Christine explained to him. House just stared at her and then down at the ring on her hand. "Why don't you go home to your fiance...I'll see you tomorrow" House said as he went to go into his office but she stopped him. "You need to let people in...you're not a very trusting person" Christine said. House just stared blankly at her. "If you wanted to be a Psychologist, you're on the wrong floor" House said to her. "Goodnight Dr. House" Christine said to him with a smile. "Goodnight" House said as he disappeared behind his office door. A few days later House and his Team were working overtime trying to solve these bizarre and unheard of cases. Christine seemed to be fitting in just perfectly and House's leg pain had decreased tremendously. "What are you on?" Wilson asked House. "I'm high on life" House replied. "No, I'm serious House...you're different...it's actually really creepy" Wilson said. "I'm fine; don't you have some Cancer Kids to harass?" House said. Wilson just stared at House. "You're smiling...you don't smile" Wilson pointed out to him. They stopped walking and stood in front of House's office, Wilson followed Houses gaze which landed directly on Christine. "Oh God House...don't tell me...no...you wouldn't" Wilson said. "Wouldn't what?" House asked with a smirk. "You can't! It would be Cameron all over again...you can't-" Wilson was cut off by House. "I don't even know why I'm playing into your crazy theory here but if anything was to happen...it wouldn't be Cameron all over again" House stated. "Yes it would! Beautiful young Doctor falls for Hard Ass Mentor...AGAIN!" Wilson said. "She's not looking for a Charity Case" House said. "It doesn't matter! House, no! You can't do it! Find a girl who doesn't work for you to be with" Wilson said. "Oh Wilson, relax...mine and Christine's relationship is purely professional...until she admits her undying love to me" House said. Wilson just glared at House. "You just called her by her first name" Wilson pointed out. "Nothing is going to happen...she's engaged anyway" House mumbled the last part of his sentence. "She's what?" Wilson asked. "She's happily engaged" House said. "Are you sure?" Wilson asked. "Of course I'm sure! His name is Michael and he's a Firefighter...which doesn't give him such a great life expectancy" House said with another smirk. Before Wilson could say anything else to him House entered his office to see his Team sitting down around the table with files in front of them. "By the seriously dull looks on your faces, I'd say you're all reading our new case file" House said as he got himself a cup of coffee. "Derek Woods, a 28 year old firefighter, brought into the ER after passing out on the job, he had a fever of 102 degrees and has had burns over more than 50 of his body" Christine explained. "Wonderful...any ideas?" House asked. "It's an infection" Chase suggests. "That or smoke inhalation caused him to pass out as well spike his fever" Christine said. "Or since he has burns covering more than 50 of his body his temperature is already off and if that's the case than we can do a CT Scan to see what part of his brain is misfiring" Foreman explained. "Get a scan of his brain and check his blood for any infections" House said as everyone scattered off. "The CT Scan came back normal" Foreman said as he entered House's office with Chase and Christine behind him. "All the blood tests came back normal as well...it's not an infection" Christine said. "Great...so that leaves us with...smoke inhalation" House said as he read off his white board. "It doesn't explain his fever spiking the way it is" Chase said. "It's Cardiac related...smoke inhalation deprives the body of oxygen therefore causing him to weaken, there has to be some scaring on his heart" Christine suggested. "Nice...get an Echo and do an Angiogram" House said. Foreman and Chase left the room and as Christine was about to, House stopped her. "Dr. Massina" he said. "Yea?" Christine asked him. "Are you ok?" House asked her. "What do you mean? Of course, I'm fine...why?" Christine asked him. "For someone who is marrying a Firefighter...you don't seem that involved in this case" House said to her. Christine just glared at House. "Trouble in Paradise?" he asked. "Dr. House, I refuse to let my personal life affect any aspects of my work" Christine answered him. "You're not letting anything affect you...you don't even seem to care which is so unlike you" House said. Christine just glared at House again. "I'm fine" she said glaring straight into his bright blue eyes. "No, you're not...why don't you go home for the rest of the day...sit this one out" House said. "What? Are you serious? Now I heard you were crazy but I didn't think you were this screwed up" Christine answered him. "I'm not the one screwed up right now...you are" he said. "How dare you do this to me? You don't even know me! Just let me do my job" Christine yelled at him, practically in tears. "Sorry...but I don't think our patient would want you leaking on him" House said. Christine turned her back from him so that she could compose herself. "Just let me do my job...I want to...please?" Christine said to him. "Fine...but if the Echo and Angiogram are negative...you're going home" House said. "Fine" Christine said as she grabbed her case file and left House's office. "The Echo and Angiogram were negative...it's not cardiac related" Christine said entering House's office. "I'll see you tomorrow" House said to her. Christine just glared at him and stormed out of his office. Moments later, Chase and Foreman appeared. "We re-ran the labs and they're all clean" Chase said. "Get a piece of his brain" House said. "What? We already did the CT Scan and it came back normal...it's not Neurological" Foreman said. "If it's a tumor the CT Scan wouldn't have picked up on it before but now it will...his body was still overheated...do a brain biopsy and if that doesn't work than do a LP" House said as he grabbed his cane and left his office. "It's not Cardiac related" House said as he entered Dr. Wilson's office. "So you think its Cancer, why else would you be here?" Wilson answered him. "What do you have against Dr. Massina?" House asked him. "I have nothing against her, she's beautiful, caring, intelligent and crazy to want to work with you" Wilson said. "I sent her home" House said. "Why?" Wilson asked. "Because...she was having some problems" House said. "What kind of problems?" Wilson asked. "Personal problems" House said. "What?" Wilson asked. "She wasn't wearing her engagement ring!" House exclaimed. "Ok...and that means?" Wilson asked. "Wow...and you would think that I was the one who was once married" House said. "It means that obviously there's some problems going on and instead of being here and working on a case that reminds her of her soon to be hubby...she should be home" House said. "Right...she should be home where her soon to be hubby probably is...God House, you really are an idiot when it comes to relationships" Wilson said. "If anything I helped her...which proves that I'm not interested in her" House said. "Wait...let me get this straight here...you sent her home to be with her fiance who she's arguing with instead of having her stay here to get her mind off of everything?" Wilson said. "Yea...that and to prove that I'm not interested in her" House said. "You're unbelievable House...and dumb as hell" Wilson said. "What? How am I dumb if anything I-" House was cut off by Wilson. "I can guarantee you that she didn't go home...you sent a vulnerable woman away from what she finds comfort in...God knows where or who she is with right now" Wilson said. House stared at Wilson for a few seconds as he let everything he had just said sink in. "I'll see you tomorrow" House said as he rushed out of Wilson's office. House walked down the street, peering into store windows hoping to find Christine. All he wanted to know is if she was safe and then he could go back to work. House entered the normal bar he'd go to expecting not to find her there but he was pleasantly surprised when he did. "I think it's a tumor" House said as he took a seat down next to Christine. "What are you doing here?" she asked him. "I shouldn't have sent you home" House said. Christine just looked at him as she downed the rest of her drink. "What do you have there?" House asked her. "Gin on the rocks" she said. House just stared at her in disbelief. "What? You don't believe me?" she asked him. "You don't seem like the Gin kind of girl" House answered her. "You don't know me" she said to him. "I know and I'm sorry for thinking that I did" House said. "It's ok...I thought I knew you too" Christine said. House just looked at her as he ordered a glass of Bourbon on the rocks and another Gin for Christine. "So what happened? Was it the Classic Wedding Song argument?" House asked as he downed his drink in one big gulp. "I wish" Christine said nearly finishing her drink. "You drink like a girl" House said as another drink was placed down in front of him. "How did you know?" Christine asked him. "Well...you weren't wearing your ring...and although I've never been married before I do know that not wearing your cherished ring anymore means there is a problem" House explained. "So you lied when you said I was acting disinterested in the case?" Christine asked him. "Another round" House said as the bartender placed another round of drinks down in front of them. "Technically it wasn't a lie...it was more of a cover up" House said taking a sip of his new drink. Christine just looked at him and downed her last two glasses. "You're improving" House said as he ordered another round. "I caught him with another woman" Christine blurted out. "I'm sorry" House said sincerely. "It was over the weekend...I came home from work and saw that he was home which he shouldn't have been and...I walked in on him in our bedroom having sex with some nasty bleach blonde tramp" Christine said as she downed another drink. "I'm sorry...he's an idiot" House said finishing off another drink. "Thanks" Christine replied with a smile. House smiled back as him and Christine raised their glasses in a toast. "What comes around, goes around" House said. Christine smiled at him as they clanged glasses and then downed their drinks. A few minutes later, both of them knew that they were drunk. Christine couldn't stop laughing at House and how he was making fun of everyone who worked at the Hospital. "You're hysterical" Christine said staring right into House's dreamlike eyes. "Thank you, I try" House said staring right back. Both of them were silent as they continued to gaze at each other. Feeling amazing, House placed his hand on Christine's thigh and she didn't move or say anything. She just continued looking into his eyes and smiling. House leaned himself closer to her and smiled when he saw her shut her eyes and gently pucker her lips. "Let's get out of here" he whispered in her ear causing her to open her eyes and grin widely. Within minutes both of them were back at House's apartment. The minute he opened his door Christine carefully pushed him inside. Once the door was shut, House threw his cane down and wrapped his arms around Christine's small waist. Christine reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him down towards her. Their lips met in a passionate kiss leaving both of them breathless once they pulled away. Christine wasted no time as she threw House's blazer down on the floor and unbuttoned his shirt. Once he was completely shirtless, he ripped off her jacket and blouse as well. He took a few seconds to stare at her in her bra, he was mesmerized. "You like?" she asked in a sexy voice. "I love" he answered back. House quickly undid her bra and watched in awe as it fell off of her, revealing her amazingly huge breasts. House knew he wasn't going to be able to take much more so he grabbed Christine and they continued to make out and grope each other until they fell down onto his bed. A loud and obnoxious ring tone filled the room as House's eyes slowly opened. He groaned as the sound continued. His head was pounding and he was freezing. It didn't take him long to realize that he was naked and that's why he was cold and his headache was due to the mass amount of alcohol he had previously consumed earlier in the night. He went to sit up and felt something restricting his bed sheets. He looked next to him and there was Christine, sleeping on her stomach and looking even more beautiful than ever before. Memories of before flashed through House's mind as he layed there, unable to move. A part of him felt amazing and then another part of him felt guilty. He was nervous to see how she was going to react once she woke up and realized what had happened. He contemplated leaving her there but sleep overcame him and as soon as he shut his eyes, his cell phone rang again this time waking up Christine. "Someone better be dying" House said as he turned on his bedside light and answered his phone. Christine propped her head up and looked around the unfamiliar room. It didn't take her long to register what had happened at all. "I'll be there in a few" House said as he shut his phone, he was actually afraid to look next to him. "Was that Chase?" Christine asked him. "Yea...our patient just went into Cardiac Arrest" House answered without looking at her. Christine just sighed deeply as she buried her face in the pillow. "We've checked everywhere but his spinal cord...if he has a tumor on his spinal cord that would explain the lack of blood to the brain" House said. Christine just looked at House and rolled her eyes. "Spinal Meningioma" Christine said. "Yep, it-" House was cut off by Christine. "Are you kidding me?" she asked. "What? You don't think it makes sense?" House asked her. "No! Well yeah for the case but...I mean how could you sit here and talk about work and pretend that nothing happened?" Christine yelled at him. "First of all, I already have a headache and second of all I'm not pretending...we got drunk and we had sex...it's not science you know?" House said. Christine just glared at him. "Greg" she said stopping him from getting up. "You've never called me Greg before" House said to her. "We never had sex before" Christine said with a playful smile across her lips. "You still can't call me Greg...what will Chase and Foreman think?" House said to her. "If you think that I care about what they think...I wouldn't still be here right now" Christine said as she climbed her way back on top of House. "So you're not mad?" House asked her. "If I was do you think I'd do this?" Christine answered him as she straddled his waist. House smiled and met her lips with a passionate and now sober kiss. Chase and Foreman sat in House's office for what seemed like ever. "Where the hell are they?" Chase said out loud. "Well we all know how long House likes to make us wait...as far as Christine...she has a fiance and that's why she didn't answer her phone" Foreman explained. Chase just looked at Foreman and then to the door as Christine came trotting inside. "Sorry guys, I'm a heavy sleeper" Christine said as she sat down in her seat. Seconds later, House came in, looking happy and singing away. "Are you feeling ok?" Chase asked him. "Of course! Why wouldn't I? It's not every night that you guys wake me up at 3 AM" House said as he poured himself some coffee and without thinking poured a cup for Christine too. House quickly noticed what he did when he saw her look at him oddly. "Anyone else?" he offered. "No thanks" Chase and Foreman said in unison. "Spinal Meningioma" House said taking a seat on the table. "It explains the obstructed blood flow to his brain and also explains the spiked fevers and loss of conciseness" Christine said. Chase and Foreman just looked at each other and then back at Christine and House. "Did you guys already talk about this?" Foreman asked them. "No!" Christine and House said in unison. "It just explains all of his symptoms...I say we do a LP just to make sure there is a tumor there" Christine said getting up from her chair. "Perfect, do the LP and if it's positive than we have our diagnosis" House said. Chase and Foreman just looked at each other again and got up. "If there isn't a tumor there, we could paralyze him" Chase said. "So what? Being a Cripple isn't so bad...look at me, I'm perfectly fine" House said. Chase and Foreman left the room and as Christine was about to, House stopped her using his cane to block the door. He turned off his lights and pressed a gentle kiss on Christine's lips. "Make sure they don't screw up the LP" he said to her. She smiled at him and walked off. House watched until she was completely out of sight. He sighed deeply and reached into his pocket for his bottle of Vicodin's, he opened it and swallowed his normal dosage. "You were right...there's a tumor on the membrane covering his spinal cord" Foreman said barging into House's office with Chase and Christine. "Well duh...that's what I said, remember?" House said to him. "Schedule him for surgery tomorrow morning...once we remove the tumor he'll be back to running in and out of burning buildings in no time" House said grabbing his cane and leaving his office. Once outside of the hospital, House waited for Christine. He was going to ask her to come back to his place with him but that quickly became forgotten as he watched her walking next to and laughing along with Chase. House could feel the rage boiling up inside and it scared him. He started to think causing him to get very frustrated. `What would a beautiful young woman like her want with an old, crippled bastard like me? She's better off with Chase' he thought to himself. He finished off his bottle of Vicodin and walked back home and this time he was alone. The next day House arrived early at work causing both Cuddy and Wilson to question him. After he was done avoiding them, he made his way into his office, only to be shocked when he saw who was already inside and waiting for him. "I missed you" Christine said as she closed the blinds and locked the door. House just stood there in shock, part of him thought he was hallucinating. "You're early" House said to her. "I know...I knew you would be too" Christine said to him. "Did anyone see you come in?" House asked her. "Nope, I came in through the back" Christine said. House just looked at her and then he had a flashback to the night before of her with Chase and whatever ounce of happiness he was feeling, quickly vanished. "I have work to do" he said making his way around her. "Are you serious?" Christine asked him. "Well, in case you didn't know...I am a Doctor" House replied back to her. Christine just stared at him; obviously something was wrong with him. "Are you in pain? Do you want me to get you some more Vicodin?" she asked him. "No...I'll get my refill later" he answered her. "What's wrong with you?" she asked him. "Nothing! I'm fine, ok?" House snapped at her. "No you're not...you've never snapped at me before" Christine said to him. "Well get used to it" House replied. "Are you acting like this because of what happened last night?" Christine asked him. House didn't answer her. "I thought you were ok with everything" she said. "What do you want from me?" House snapped at her again. "I want you to tell me what's wrong with you" Christine snapped back at him. "There's nothing wrong" House said lowering his voice. "Yes there is! You-" Christine was cut off by House. "I saw you with Chase last night" House finally said. "He was walking with me...nothing happened" Christine said. "Well it didn't look like it" House replied. "Greg...nothing happened with Chase...he offered me a ride home and I didn't take it...I walked...hoping to run into you" Christine said. House just looked at her. A big part of him believed her but then there was that little part that didn't. "I don't want to be with Chase...I want to be with you" Christine said walking closer to him. "Why? Look at me, I'm old, crippled and mean...Chase is young, not crippled and nice...he could give you more than I ever could" House said to her. Christine just looked at House; she knew he was going to say something like that to her. "Greg, its ok...I'm not looking for a relationship...I just want someone to be there for me...I want someone to hold me and make me feel wanted...and I want you to be that man...not Chase" Christine explained to him. House's eyes widened in shock, he couldn't believe what he was hearing. "You seem surprised?" Christine said to him. "I didn't think this is how it was going to go" House said. Christine smiled and walked right up to House. "Things aren't always what they seem and you of all people should know that by now" Christine said as she wrapped her arms around House's neck. "So you really want me?" House asked her just to make sure. "Shut up and kiss me" Christine answered him as their lips met in a passionate kiss. "So how did it go last night?" Foreman asked Chase as they walked from the parking lot towards the hospital. "What do you mean?" Chase asked him. "Don't lie to me, I saw you walking with Christine" Foreman said. "Oh, that...it was nice" Chase said. "Nice? What's that supposed to mean? You do remember that she has a fiance, right?" Foreman asked him. "Of course I do" Chase answered him. "So...what happened?" Foreman asked him again. "Nothing really...I offered her a ride home and she said no thanks, she wanted to walk" Chase said. Foreman just looked at Chase. "She's not stupid" Foreman said. "Obviously she's not, I don't think she'd be working here if she was" Chase said. "That's not what I meant" Foreman said as they both entered the hospital. After grabbing some coffee from the in hospital caf, Chase and Foreman walked into House's office extremely surprised to see House sitting there, watching his Soap Opera and Christine sitting down at the table on her lap top. "Are we in the right office?" Chase asked Foreman. "Dumb and Dumber...Welcome! Have a seat, want a smoke? Or a drink perhaps?" House asked them. Chase and Foreman just looked at each other as they both sat down. "What are you doing here? Normally we have to wait about an hour for you to come in" Chase said to House. "I had some work to do" House said not taking his eyes away from the TV. "Ok, now I'm really freaked out...who are you and where is House?" Foreman said. "Oh Foreman, relax...its still me...I'm still a cripple, see?" House said waving his cane at him. "What are you on?" Chase asked him. "Besides a few Vicodin's for the massive pain in my right leg...nothing" House said as he remembered he needed to get a refill. "Speaking of pain...I'll be right back" House said as he got up and left his office. "How long have you been here?" Chase asked Christine who seemed really into whatever she was looking at on her laptop. "I got here 5 minutes before you guys did and when I came in he was already here and watching his Soap Opera" Christine said. "In pain here!" House shouted impatiently at the Hospital Pharmacist. "Here" he said as he slammed a new bottle of Vicodin down on the counter in front of House. "What happy place did they find you at?" House asked as he downed his pills. "There you are! House, what is going on with you today?" Wilson asked him. "Besides the fact that I'm in more pain than usual...nothing" House said with a mischievous grin. "Wait a minute...what was that grin for? Something is going on with you" Wilson said as he followed House down the hallway. "Don't you have patients to harass?" House asked. "It's Massina, isn't it? She's gotten to you" Wilson said stopping House right in his tracks. "Christine isn't getting to me" House said. "Yes she is! You can't stop smiling and you're pretty much skipping around this Hospital like a school girl with a serious crush" Wilson pointed out to him. "I wish I could skip" House said hitting his cane on the floor. "Isn't she engaged? House, you can't do this it's-" Wilson was cut off by House. "They broke up" House said. "They what? Are you serious?" Wilson asked. "Yep, she caught him cheating on her...and you say Soap Operas aren't real" House said. "House...you cannot do-" Wilson was cut off again. "We're having sex, ok? Happy now?" House blurted out. Wilson just stood there in shock as House hobbled back to his office. A couple of hours later, House and Christine were in a pretty heavy make out session in his office. The blinds were drawn closed and the doors were locked. There were no cases to be diagnosed so Chase and Foreman were working in the Clinic and Christine was suppose to be doing Lab Work in the Lab but someone just had to intervene. "Staying at my place tonight?" House asked her. "Yea...if you want me to...again" Christine answered him with a smile. House grinned as he tenderly kissed her lips. "Have you heard from your ex yet?" House asked her. "Uh...no...the last time I saw him was that night...I don't know if he came back to the apartment or not considering how I haven't been sleeping there anymore" Christine said to him. "Have you decided about what you're going to do...with your stuff that is" House asked her. "Well...I'm going to move in with my friend...she lives in the Clearview Apartments right down the street from you" Christine said. "You might as well move in with me then" House said causing Christine to sit up from his lap. "I didn't mean to say-" House was cut off by Christine. "It's ok...I mean we've been spending a lot of time together...its normal" Christine said as she repositioned herself underneath his arm. House barged into Wilson's office as he was going through some files. "What is it House? I don't have any condoms here" Wilson answered him. "I don't need condoms...I have enough" House said. Wilson just looked at him and shook his head as he pushed the files aside to concentrate on his friends sudden presence. "Ok...obviously you're ready to talk and I'm ready to listen so go" Wilson said. "Christine and I are having sex...we've been for the past couple of nights" House said. "How did this happen?" Wilson asked him. "I found her in a bar drowning her sorrows in Gin" House said. "You took advantage of her while she was drunk??" Wilson asked in disbelief. "No...we were both drunk...and stoned" House said bulging his eyes out at Wilson. "Right...so how is it now? Is it weird or-" Wilson was cut off by House. "Lets just say I'm almost out of condoms and the couch in my office needs to be replaced" House said with a smirk. "You're having sex with your employee in your office?? How? Aren't you afraid of someone walking in and seeing you?" Wilson asked. "It's more exciting...not that its not when we're at my place...I'm sure my neighbors aren't exactly thrilled but here is definitely more risky" House said. "So...you're just having sex...that's it?" Wilson asked. "Yep...we agreed on it" House answered him. "And the fact that she just broke up with her fiance doesn't bother you at all?" Wilson asked him. "Nope...the fact that she broke up with him makes it all the more better for me, don't you think?" House said. "That's not what I meant...she's using you, House" Wilson said. House just looked at Wilson and then tried to stand up without using his cane. "She's not using me...she wants me...not Chase, Foreman or you...she wants me" House said as he leaned against Wilson's desk. "And do you want her?" Wilson asked him. House just looked at him and then down at his cane on the floor. "She could have her pick of any other man in this hospital and she chose me...she didn't see a Charity Case...she saw me" House said sounding as if he had realized this for the first time. Wilson just looked at House and smiled. "Be careful, House...just be careful" Wilson said as he watched House grab his cane and leave his office. House entered his office to see Christine gathering her things. "I really have to do this lab work...if I put it off any longer Cuddy won't be happy" Christine said as she put her lab coat back on. "So what? When is Cuddy ever happy?" House said wrapping his arms around Christine's waist and pulling her closer to him. "House, I have to go...we'll continue this tonight" Christine said as she got out of his grasp. As she turned on her heel to leave the office, House stopped her by putting his cane against his door. "Are you ok?" he asked her. "I'm fine...and you?" she asked. "I'm fine too...but you seem distracted...what's going on with you?" House asked her. "Nothing...I feel great...I'm happy and I really need to get this work done so that is what's distracting me" Christine answered him. "Alight...I'll see you at my place...8 o'clock...don't be late" House said to her. "Am I ever late?" Christine asked him. "From what I heard your Boss says no" House said placing a chaste kiss on her lips. He watched her walk down the hallway and sighed as he shut his door. He hobbled back over to his desk and sat down. He turned on his iPod and put his earphones on. As the music consumed him he grabbed a couple of files which were buried under non necessary items scattered across his desk. He sighed as he opened the first one, was he actually about to do paperwork? House hobbled through the main floor of the hospital. He was heading home at exactly 6 o'clock meaning he had spent an hour catching up on paperwork which still surprised him. As he neared the front door, he caught view of Cuddy coming towards him. He rolled his eyes as he started to move faster but it was no use, she was already blocking his exit. "House! Where are you going? You owe me 6 hours of Clinic Duty from last week" Cuddy reminded him. "Right and that's why today I sent Chase and Foreman to do them for me" House said to her. "House, you can't do that...you owe me those hours...and if you don't make them up this week I will double your hours for next week" Cuddy said. "Was that a threat? You should know I don't work well under pressure" House said. "You work amazingly well under pressure" Cuddy said. "Right...now if you don't mind I have to get home...I have a cute little hooker waiting for me...although I can always tell her to meet me here" House said as he reached for his cell phone. "Go House...but tomorrow you're making up those hours" Cuddy said as she walked off. House watched her walk away and couldn't help but laugh at himself. The next day House woke up to see Christine still asleep and tucked safely underneath his arm. "Good morning" he said as he removed a piece of hair away from her face. "Morning" she said with a cute yawn. "What are you doing up already?" she asked him. "I just woke up" House answered her. Christine smiled as she sat up and stretched allowing House a full view of her naked body. "You know...we can always call in sick...I'm sure Chase and Foreman could handle everything" House said as he grabbed Christine and placed her on his sheet covered lap. "Although that sounds amazing...we can't do that...plus wouldn't it look a little weird if you and I both called out sick?" Christine asked him. "So what? Who cares what they think?" House said. "Uh House...we have to care...no one can find out about this...we made a deal" Christine reminded him. "I know...but it wouldn't be the worst thing if someone did find out...accidentally" House said hesitantly. Christine just looked at House, she knew something wasn't right. "Who did you tell?" she asked him trying to sound calm about it. "Wilson...he wouldn't leave me alone about it...he just kept prying and asking and I caved" House said. Christine looked at House and laughed at the sad puppy dog face he was giving her. "You tell Wilson everything so I'm not surprised...as long as it stays between the...3 of us...we'll be fine" Christine said as she gave House a peck on the lips and got out of his bed. "So are we still calling in?" House asked as he watched Christine grab her clothes from her bag. She looked over at him and laughed as she left his room and headed towards the bathroom.   Please post a comment on this story. Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.