What We Hide The House Fan Fiction Archive Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   What We Hide by Taima Hiroshima "Cameron! Oh, thank God." Wilson breathed a sigh of relief as he peeked into the conference room and saw the young doctor sitting at the table, going through what must be House's snail mail. "What's up?" she asked with a smile. "I was just wondering if I could leave Leenie with you for a few minutes." He stepped in, carrying the car seat. Without waiting for an answer, he stepped it and set the seat on the table. He then hefted up the diaper bag and began rummaging around in it. Why was it that parents did this to young, single people? They were always slightly pushy and demanding, and would never take no for an answer. In truth, baby sitting was probably the last thing that Cameron wanted to do, particularly for her boss's daughter. "Well, I'm really busy." She frowned, making herself sound stern. It didn't work, Wilson waved off the complaint. "She's quiet. It'll only be for a few minutes." He produced a bottle from the bag and told her there was formula already mixed in the fridge. He then handed her a stuffed bear and a plastic key ring to quiet her. "I should be back in like, ten minutes." Cameron had enough baby sitting experience to know that `like ten minutes' meant about half an hour. She sighed and shuffled her papers. She sat back in her seat and crossed her arms over her chest. The baby's big brown eyes were watching her every move. She gurgled at Cameron and opened her mouth. She flapped her arms helplessly before her thumb managed to find its way into her mouth. "Don't bother getting cute." Cameron told the child. "I really don't like you." The baby paused as though letting this sink in and let out a whimper. Cameron sighed and looked up the ceiling. She didn't have to explain herself. Shouldn't have to explain herself. After all, how much could the baby understand? And didn't she have the perfect right not to like anyone she wanted to? But... The baby was looking completely adorable in a fuzzy pink onesie with her thumb in her mouth. She whimpered again, and Cameron swore those eyes met her in an imploring way. With a defeated sigh, Cameron stood up and picked up the baby. She fit perfectly in her arms. Without knowing why, Cameron began to sway back and forth a little with the baby. Leenie calmed down and seemed to settle. "Just like House. Have to be the center of attention," she snorted. She began to walk around the room, bouncing the baby a little as she did so. "You know, it's not really you I don't like. It's just... You know, before you came along, I really thought I might have a chance with your Daddy. I mean, so what if he was gay just for that point in time? People have been known to not always be gay." She looked down at the baby in her arms. She swore, just swore she saw her nod. Vindicated, Cameron continued. `I'm sure you know already what a difficult man he is. I waited for such a long time, you know? And then, he got with James. And then they had you. I knew then that everything was ruined. Once you have a baby with someone, once you're gay with someone and STILL go to lengths to have a baby with someone, you're more or less committed to them on some level or another." Cameron sat down. Leenie's eyes were drifted shut. Cameron ran the back of her hand down the baby's satin cheek and smiled. The baby seemed to nestle even further into her. The baby was soon asleep, and Cameron sat quietly with her. It wasn't really so bad. The baby wasn't really to blame, was she? Cameron actually like the warm weight in her arms. Before she knew what was happening, Wilson came back into the room. "Sorry it took me so long!" he said, running his fingers through his hair. His voice instantly dropped as he noticed his sleeping daughter. "She wasn't any trouble, was she?" "No," Cameron shook her head as she reluctantly put the baby back in the seat. "She wasn't any trouble at all."   Please post a comment on this story. Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.