The Muffin The House Fan Fiction Archive Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   The Muffin by Little Miss GG "It could be..." "It's not Lupus." House snapped before Wilson could finish the thought. The ducklings sat around the table pouring over files regarding their patients lengthy medical history and ignoring the entrance of House and Wilson. House limped over to the white board and scribbled up another symptom. Wilson seated himself and pulled a muffin from his coat pocket as he grabbed a file for himself. House immediately limped over, reaching out to swipe the muffin but Wilson was too quick. Moving the cake away from House's grasp with a triumphant smile he turned back to his file. House smacked him in the leg with his cane. "Ow!" "Sorry, I thought we were having a competition - who can be more childish." Wilson gave him a long suffering look but didn't make any attempt to move the muffin to within House's reach. "What's wrong with you two?" Chase asked irritably, flicking through several pages of the file before him. "Yeah, lovers tiff?" Foreman added distractedly as he pulled another file from the pile in the centre of the table. He stopped abruptly when Wilson very nearly choked on his coffee. When Wilson had recovered his composure he found all three of House's minions starring at him. He felt the blush creeping up his neck. Averting his eyes from their gazes he shrugged apologetically, "Sorry. Went down the wrong hole." Which was when House started laughing. It had been so long since such a thing had been heard that all the ducklings turned from the now deeply crimson Wilson and starred at their boss like he had just sprouted wings and a halo. "Sorry. Just not the first time I've heard that today."   Please post a comment on this story. Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.