Escape The House Fan Fiction Archive Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Escape by TKD Girl I'm happy for you and that's it? She walks away? Maybe Al-Cameron really is over me. Good, it's about time. Stacy is back, I need to be able to focus on dealing with her, not some teenage crush. I'm happy for you? What a load of crap! Well, if I've convinced HIM I'm over him, then at least one of us is convinced. I need to stop this now, do some work, better get to the lab. "Now where would Cameron go to pretend to work, but really just be escaping?" House posed this question to no one in particular and then answered himself, "the lab." Allison Cameron knew House's step-shuffle anywhere. She purposefully memorized it so she could mentally prepare herself to deal with him. This knowledge was great warning for his sarcasm, and the fact that he knew she liked him and could and would use it against her at anytime. Thanks to, or perhaps damned because of, this sixth sense told Cameron that House was coming to see her. Wonderful. He knew I'd be here, he knows I was lying; he was the one who reminded me that everyone lies. He knows that I like him. I gave that away when I asked if he likes me. Now it's time for more damage control. Well, maybe I can catch him off guard; call him on his appearance before he gets here. "Dr. House?" "Why Dr. Cameron, you know my footsteps. Do you pay that much attention to everyone or only the men you are interested in? Never mind, I know the answer to that question." Okay...that did not work. Plan B. Crap! What is Plan B? "God House, awfully high opinion of yourself, don't you think?" It was the only quip Cameron could come up with so quickly. Good save Allison. "Actually no, I know I am only mortal, note the leg. You, on the other hand, seem to forgot it. As per usual" Sarcasm was the only way House knew how to deal with his crippled leg. "Oh no, I know you are nothing but human. Do you think that for a second that if I did believe in a higher power, it would be anything like you? You are a bitter, self-loathing, son-of-a-bitch, and love to make others just as miserable as you are. I can not imagine ANYONE believing in a god like that." By now Cameron believed everything she said with a passion. Hmm...Allison Cameron angry. I like it. I don't think I have ever seen her this fired up over anything before. "Cat got you're tongue Dr. House?" I admitted to her once before that I was physically attracted to her, but this is different. Now I a have a sexy as hell smart-ass immunologist on my hands. I know what will fix that... "I was just thinking how sexy you are when you get angry. Really. Your skin takes on this slight flushed color, on most people it wouldn't be noticeable but since your skin is like porcelain it is obvious. Your eyes flash. It reminds minds me that you aren't only sugar and spice and all that's nice. I like it." "Didn't you once tell me you didn't like me?" "I may have said I didn't like you, I Never said I wasn't attracted to you," sniped House. "I don't think affection and attraction can be completely separate," was Cameron's reply. "True, you can have a fleeting thought of physical lust for someone, but sooner or later that feeling will pass if you are not attracted to them on a deeper level." House knew he was in over his head. He doesn't handle emotions well so he decided it was time to take leave of this conversation before he admitted to something he didn't want to. "Well, Dr. Cameron, as much as I would to continue this fascinating diatribe I am missing the OC as we speak. Got to keep up with Marissa and Ryan." House is scared. I've got him scared. He is stuck trying to deal with emotions and we both know how well he handles those. It's now or never Allison... With that thought of knowing this was her chance, perhaps her only chance, to have Gregory House right where she wants him, feeling vulnerable to his emotions, Allison Cameron quickly closes the space between them and kisses him. Then she bolts, faster than lightening, scared to death when she remembers that he is the only one who doesn't like her. Cameron didn't know where she was running to, only that she was running. But when she finally stopped she was in the conference room, where she and the rest of the Diagnostic Department have spent so many hours. On autopilot she began to brew a pot of coffee without even realizing she was doing it. Eventually House caught up to her and when he smelled the coffee brewing he smirked, "Cameron, You do realize we aren't on the clock." "House, did you ever begin to think I may do things for people other than you, such as for myself?" "Is that your way of saying that fixing my coffee everyday is for you, not me? Highly doubtful." "Right now, at this point, it is purely for me." "Excellent job dodging the question Dr. Cameron, now try answering it" "Maybe making the coffee in the morning is my subtle way of letting you know I care about you, but at this moment it is all about me. It is about my escape from your sardonic self. Look, I am sorry for kissing you, you don't even have enough decency not to mock me. "No, no your not. And neither am I." "Yes, you're right, everyone lies."   Please post a comment on this story. Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.