Deliberate Intention The House Fan Fiction Archive Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Deliberate Intention by bailunrui Foreman, Chase, and Cameron were seated about the conference room killing time between cases and crucial lab observation times. Cameron sat at the computer near the back of the room, replying to House's e-mail messages. Foreman was reading the latest medical journal at the end of the conference table. Chase was seated in the middle of the table, filling out a crossword. "Cam, what's a four-letter word for 'deliberate intention or wish'?" "Will," she answered. Several minutes passed. The keystrokes of the keyboard, the turning of pages, and the random sounds of the hospital provided the ambient sound. "Cam, what's a three-letter word for 'a member of people inhabiting southeast Ghana, southern Togo, and southern Benin'?" "What letter does it start with?" "I don't know, but it has an 'E' at the end," Chase replied, examining the puzzle. "Try 'ewe'." "Thanks. That works." Cameron closed House's e-mail and turned to the desk on her right, ready to begin reading the snail mail stacked in the inbox. House never did his own correspondence and instead shoved it off onto her. She made his signature purposefully girly - just to agitate him. Luckily she enjoyed letter-writing, otherwise she'd ask for a raise. "Five-letter word for brisk. First letter 'm'," Chase said. "Merry," Foreman responded immediately. Chase scratched it in on his paper before putting the newspaper down on the table in front of him. He glanced over to Cameron who had already discarded a quarter of the letters addressed to House. He got up from his seat and walked over to her desk and positioned himself next to her. "What's the abbreviation for Maine?" She looked up from writing a response to something, clearly agitated. "What?" "The abbreviation for Maine, what is it? I can never remember." "Chase, these are really easy clues. Will, ewe, merry, M.E...." She stopped talking. Chase looked at her expectantly. Foreman had set down the journal he was reading. The alternative treatments to salmonella poisoning no longer seemed as riveting. "Say it again," Chase said, softly, looking into her eyes. "You first," she said. "Will you marry me?" Chase reached into his white coat, produced a black velvet box, opened it revealing an engagement ring, and sat it on the desk in front of her. Cameron followed his every movement. "Say it on your knees," she said, tearing up. Of course he'd say it on his knees. He'd say it over the hospital spearker system if she asked. Chase put his right knee down to the ground. "Marry me." Cameron wiped tears from her face, hoping her mascara didn't smudge into raccoon circles around her eyes. She smiled to belie any insecurities she was feeling about her appearance. "Yes!" she exclaimed. She laughed a bit. "Yes, of course." She knelt down to Chase who took her into his arms, embracing her close to him. Cameron pulled away to plant a kiss on his lips. In the background, Foreman gave a whoop. Chase had forgotten that they had an audience. He broke the kiss and cradled Cameron's face, smiling at his future wife.   Please post a comment on this story. Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of Fox Television, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.