Objects in Place (2/3) The House Fan Fiction Archive Home Quicksearch Search Engine Random Story Upload Story   Objects in Place (2/3) by finickyfeline2 Disclaimer: The characters and setting from House, M.D. do not belong to me. Rating: PG AN/Summary: A compilation of character studies done through objects and their placement, basically. I wrote it before "Histories" aired, so some details may be non-canon. This one focuses on the ducklings. ~~~~~~~~~~ Chase, Cameron, and Foreman own lockers, where they store their personal belongings. During the day, visits to the lockers are infrequent and mostly for practical items such as headache medicine, tampons, and a change of clothes when necessary. On the top shelf of Chase's locker are breath mints, sunglasses, and a Princeton Tigers baseball cap. The latter two were used during a two day stint of warding off the attraction of a young female outpatient. Foreman made fun of him to no end for his feeble disguise. He hangs his black leather coat on the back hook. Its inside breast pocket holds an old ID card from his university days. Chase hasn't used the pocket nor the ID for years now. The right side pocket always has change for parking meters and vending machines; it is refilled nightly. His wallet is in the main pocket of his bag, buried under a sweater. An inconvenient place for a wallet, but it keeps him from impulse buys and protects against potential locker-intruders. A few Bic pens and a comb line the outside pocket of the bag, and his keys are in the small front pocket. The key chain is a souvenir from a brief trip to Tallahassee, Florida where he had considered doing his fellowship. In addition to keys, it holds a tiny flashlight that has come in handy recently. (Three weeks ago, the streetlamp outside of his apartment building stopped working. It hasn't been fixed yet.) Cameron's locker is between the lockers of her two colleagues. True to the myth of the over-packing woman, it is the most filled of the three. It holds lipstick, lip balm, a travel-size bottle of Vaseline Intensive Care lotion with aloe, a small bottle of cleaning solution for her glasses, black markers, items of feminine hygiene, 37-cent stamps depicting a yellow-hued sailboat in a mild blue body of water, a colorfully striped winter hat with a fuzzy ball on the top, a matching scarf, a long back coat, a small stuffed cow that moos (she had meant to donate it to the toys drive during the holiday season), and two volumes of Nancy Drew books (She had loved them when she was little and plans to give them away to the upcoming book drive in February). The only item that remains in her bag consistently are her keys and wallet, the latter of which includes little cash, a picture of her family, gift cards, credit cards, membership cards, card of every type imaginable - except for her hospital ID card, which she carries on her person. In the mornings, a mug is hung on the left hook (she usually finishes her tea on the way to work). In the evenings, she runs after work. Her MP3 player is always in her bag when not in use on those runs, and the tracks include Hope by Twista, Dare You to Move by Switchfoot, You by Switchfoot, Run Away by Live, A Sorta Fairytale by Tori Amos, Down So Long by Jewel, Vivaldi's Mandoline Concerto in C major, and Pachelbel's Canon in D (used only when stretching). Foreman's locker is the sparsest of all lockers belonging to fellows at Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. It usually holds only his bag, coat, and a scarf on cold days. The rarely opened bag contains a change of clothes, keys, a schedule book, and his wallet. A few paperbacks line the bottom of his bag. They were meant to entertain him during free hours, but he soon found upon arrival that this job was different from his previous one - the few dull moments are meant to be savored by doing nothing, chatting with colleagues. His car holds everything else: an umbrella, CDs, and a box of Kleenex. They all have cell phones to contact each other and Dr. House.   Please post a comment on this story. Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of Fox Television, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.