The House Fan Fiction Archive

 

You Could Meet Him On the Bus: Pretty Woman


by Taima Hiroshima


She was perfectly put together the next week. House had never seen her looking so nice. She was wearing a knee length black skirt with stockings, high-heeled shoes, and a white blouse. Her hair had a few strategically placed curls.

Holy Hell! She was even wearing lipstick. She blushed when she noticed the bus driver was looking at her.

Once again, she sat down behind House. He looked at her carefully.

"You don't have to say anything House," she said in a way that was almost snippy. "I know how I look. And yes, it is for a reason."

"Where my doughnut? You're not carrying a doughnut box!" House growled. Tiffany giggled before rolling her eyes. She reached into her backpack and pulled out a large Ziploc baggie.

"See? I wouldn't forget your doughnut House. It's even chocolate, just like you like." She made her voice mocking and pacifying. House snatched the sweet treat from her and munched thoughtfully.

"Here," he handed her a Styrofoam container. She shook her head as she took it.

"How come you never give me coffee, House? How come it's always hot cocoa?"

"You're too young for coffee." House said around his breakfast. Tiffany took a swig from her cup.

"Mmm, chocolate raspberry hot cocoa." She licked her lips approvingly. House nodded. He would have smiled. They were quite for a few minutes as each enjoyed their breakfasts.

"So," House's voice was muffled with doughnut. "Why exactly are you all dressed up this morning, Tiffany?"

"Well," she blushed again and cleared her throat. "There's this boy at school..."

"You won't impress him like that. You have to show a little more leg. And maybe some cleavage too. Guys just go nuts over some good cleavage." He added, thinking of Cuddy. This only caused the girl to turn a brighter shade of red.

"House!" the girl looked scandalized. "That is NOT why I'm dressed up. Besides," Tiffany mumbled. "I would have worn my short shorts if I wanted that kind of attention."

"Ah, so you're going the intellectual route." He was impressed. From what he saw from Laguna Beach, most of the girls dressed slutty when they wanted attention. "What club are you going to try and join?"

"Well yesterday he said there was an opening in debate club, so I guess I'm going to try out. He said if I don't get it I could be the record keeper for the debates. Mostly I just have to press a button on a tape recorder for that."

"Mmm," House sipped his coffee. Tiffany looked thoughtful.

"Do you have a girl you're after?" House almost choked on his coffee. "What about a guy then? My gaydar goes off around you."

"GAYdar?" he repeated.

"It's an internal mechanism that allows me to tell when someone's gay. And the level of their gayness."

"Gayness,"

"Yeah," she licked more of the frosting off her doughnut. House bit down on his lip.

"Yeah, Tiffany. There is a guy I'm going after."

"Does he like you?"

"I don't know. I hope so." They stopped at the hospital. Without another word, House stepped off.


  Please post a comment on this story.



Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.