The House Fan Fiction Archive

 

Sticky


by lilallisun




&&&&&&&&&

House had gotten up (late) for work; and after getting dressed and popping a Vicodin he knew already that it was going to be a terrible day. The weather was perfectly dismal, which on its own did him no harm except that it made his leg seem even worse than usual.

He was ready to snarl at the first person stupid enough to bother him on his way into the hospital... Unfortunately, everyone seemed to have been alerted to his bad mood. For a moment he favored the thought that they all knew him so well that they could anticipate (based on the weather and his attitude from the day before) how he would act that day. It was probably true- to some extent.

When he entered his office he had every intention of avoiding the three C's- cases, clinics, and Cuddys.

He added another "C" to the list when Cameron walked in behind him.

"House, I-"

"No."

"I have a-"

"No."

"Do you even-"

"Nope."

House smirked to himself when Cameron stormed out of the room muttering under her breath. He put his iPod on the desk and was about to sit down when he saw it- a small yellow object stuck to the top of his speakers.

He put two and two together very quickly: sneaking into House's office plus post-it note equaled Wilson. It was so completely Wilson that the man might as well have written his name all over the little yellow piece of paper.

But there were no words at all on this note. Someone had drawn a happy face on it. The black ink shined off of the paper and into House's mind; his eyes were captivated by the simple strokes as he imagined Wilson slipping in before an early meeting. Wilson probably spent a moment scribbling on a note before crumpling it up and sticking it in his pocket, opting to just leave a simpler way of saying, "I'm here; I'm thinking about you."

House rolled his eyes at the obvious affection, but he allowed himself to feel slightly better about his day. It was almost annoyingly sentimental of him, but knowing that Wilson had thought about him this morning was... comforting.

He sat down and tapped his cane on the floor a few times. He looked at his desk for a moment before opening one of the drawers.

Wilson entered his own office later that morning and chuckled quietly when he found a pink sticky note reading "DORK" attached to his nameplate.

"So what do you think?" House asked from behind him. Wilson rolled his eyes and picked up the note.

"I'm not a dork," Wilson told him. He turned around to look at House and promptly sputtered- "And there is no way I'm going to do that."

House had proudly stuck the smiley face note onto his forehead.

  Please post a comment on this story.



Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.