The House Fan Fiction Archive

 

House Drabbles


by Topaz Eyes


Full House (for ignipes) Prompt: House, poker, whiskey.

After everyone else folded, House and Cuddy eyed each other over the poker chips.

"I'll raise you fifty, plus ten clinic hours," House announced. "You win, I work the extra shifts. I win, I get three weeks off."

"You're full of it," Cuddy said skeptically. House smirked. "But this will be sweet. Ten clinic hours. Call."

House raised his whiskey shot glass in a toast. "Here's mud in your eye," he said smugly, downing it. Then he revealed his cards. "Well, what do you know? Flush, aces high."

Cuddy uncovered hers with a flourish. "Full house, House. Start on Monday."

~~~~~


Caught in the Act (for inocciduous) Prompt: House/Wilson and an awkward moment involving Wilson living with House.

Wilson startled at the key turning in the lock, but could not hide the evidence before the front door opened and House sauntered into the living room.

"WILSON! Man starving here, what's for din--"

Then House fell silent, dumbstruck at the sight:

Wilson's bare feet propped on the coffee table.

With foam toe separators between his toes.

And an emery board between his fingers.

"It's not what it looks like, House!" Wilson pleaded, blushing bright pink. "I'm just filing--"

"Thought so!" House exclaimed gleefully, eyeing Wilson's trapped expression with a Cheshire cat's smirk. "You DO paint your toenails! I WIN."

~~~~~


Speculation (for medicinal_mirth) Prompt: House, Wilson and a tattoo.

"So who do you think has a tattoo?"

Wilson looked up from the papers on his desk. "And the relevance of this is--?"

"Just answer the damn question."

"Foreman--"

"Too obvious. And Chase is too preppy. I bet Cameron has a tiny butterfly on her ankle."

"That's more Cuddy's style." Wilson smiled slyly. "You know, sometimes, House, it's whom you least suspect."

House gaped at him. "Oh come on, Jimmy, you're too chicken. I've seen you naked. Your skin's unmarked as a baby's bottom--"

"You haven't seen me naked recently." With that Wilson rose and sauntered out, leaving House speechless.

~~~~~


Another Failed Puzzle (for secondsilk) Prompt: House/Wilson. Pre-show. Maybe something about the files in the bottom of House's drawer.

Wilson knew there were other files besides Esther's in the bottom drawer of House's desk.

They were the notes of House's failures; though House couldn't save those patients, he saved their files, kept them close by. They knew all puzzles had solutions eventually, even if House could not solve them in time.

So perhaps Wilson should not have been surprised when, a few weeks after House returned to work after his infarction, he burrowed into House's bottom drawer to fetch a file of a former patient--

To find the neat typed letters on the uppermost manila envelope reading "Gregory House."

~~~~~


What Dreams Reveal (for timbershiver) Prompt: House, Wilson, sleepwalking. (spoilers for "No Reason")

Wilson began sleepwalking the night after moving back into House's apartment.

House, still recovering from his wounds, didn't ask why; Wilson never remembered it the next day.

The third time, after Wilson banged into the piano, House slid out of bed, limping to Wilson's side as the discordant notes faded into silence. "Wilson," House ordered, looking into unfocused eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Please God," Wilson mumbled, over and over. "I can't lose House."

House guided Wilson to his own bed.

On waking next morning, Wilson was greeted by House's soft voice. "You sleep here from now on."

Wilson didn't sleepwalk again.

  Please post a comment on this story.



Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.