The House Fan Fiction Archive

 

Tilt


by michelleann68


One touch, and everything changed in that instant. Out of nowhere really. My entire world shifted in those first few moments. A crappy day, a rousing session of venting, his quieting hand on my arm to reassure. The touch, that single touch, had unnerved me, not that we haven't exchanged handshakes, and touches on arms before. This one was different. This felt alive with possibilities, as the jolt subsided I looked up 'oh goody' he is in as much shock as I am. It is amazing, how much can be communicated through a touch and a look. At this moment, I see the naked desire in his eyes. I am, a little shocked if I am going to be completely honest. Who knew, he spends so much time flirting with the nurses, I doubted he would have ever looked my direction.

I try to convey back my mutual feelings, but I am not sure if I actually get through to him until he looks down and brushes his lips against my forehead. A gentle touch, my first thought was 'What the hell was that?'. Obviously we need to work on our telepathy. He pulls away and I stop him. This time really trying to get the message across that a kiss on the forehead as you would do to a little kid with some boo-boo was not going to cut it. And this time, perhaps to re-enforce the point, I grab his arm. I can feel the tension through the lab coat, did I read him wrong?- guess not, he leans towards me and places both hands on the arms of my chair. His puppy dog eyes have a glint in them now. Perhaps, in that glint is our now mutual understanding.

Leaning forward his tentative lips fuse with my much less tentative ones. The kiss begins as most kisses do, a simple brushing of lips as both parties try to figure out proper head positions. We settle in a slight sideways tilt and are soon we are fitted together like two puzzle pieces. Mouths remain closed but I feel his jaw loosen and slowly his lips part. I decide this is my opportunity to take advantage of the situation and in one swift motion I surge my tongue into his mouth and begin a survey of the new territory I get to explore. Smooth and tasting of cinnamon, certainly no trace of the tuna and onion sandwich he had at lunch. I start to be flattered that maybe he freshened his breathe for me, but on second thought I guess he did it for his 3 o'clock consult, but I refuse to let the stray thought to ruin this near perfect moment. I resume my exploration of Wilson's mouth. Nice dental work and smooth tongue and a warm interior. Yes, this is a mouth. There it is , I can feel it now. His pulse, the steady beat setting a rhythm for my exploration. The pace slowly speeds up matching the rising pulse soon all I hear is the boom boom of his pulse. It fills his mouth, my ears and the entire room. Soon the entire world just disappears and we are one entity. Nothing else exists except this cocoon we have created.

This really cannot continue. I reluctantly decide to be the adult here and suggest a change of venue. I move my hand up to get his attention. This is hard, I want to pull him onto me and run my hands through his silky hair. I don't want this to stop, all right House, focus. I find his tie and gently tug to get his attention. All right I will be honest, I wanted to pull it off, but again, I need to be the adult here. "James," I whisper. It comes out more like a lusty request then an actually attention getting method. He looks at me. Wow , I just want him. "Maybe we should continue this consult some where more private?" to add emphasis I toss my head back and shake it around. He looks up, then back to me and again we are back to that telepathy thingy. He sits up, and I guess he has decided to pick up the adult baton from me. My eyebrow rises in question. I guess we can't go to his place, and I would rather not find some empty supply cabinet. So I pick up his train of thought, " Want to come over for dinner and maybe some sort of entertainment?" A chuckle and a shake of that floppy hair. "Sounds good" He stands, straightens his tie and walks out. And just like that my perception of the whole world has changed.

  Please post a comment on this story.



Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of Fox Television, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.