The House Fan Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on Grief

Number of comments: 13

(post new comment)

From: Domaris Sky
Date: 01/24/2009
One of the stupidest things I've done in my life was listening to J.S.Bach's "Air" while reading "Grief". House got on his bike and the music stopped, gosh, this made me cry. It f***ing hurt so much. My 9 months old daughter got terribly scared, because I cried so hard. Great work. I would love to know what House wrote to Cuddy in his letter.
From: Bridget
Date: 08/20/2007
Whoa, I have tears. I have never cried in a story before. I would love to see a story about the year spent in the cafeteria. So...real, moving, beautiful.
From: Robin
Date: 05/23/2007
My god Gena,

It seems so real that it would happen on the show that way. The check for 1 year was the breaking point. But leaving his cane and helmet was the moment of dread.
From: Erica
Date: 07/23/2006
Ohhhh my. Wow. That was amazing. I'm kind of just sitting here.. in tears and snot. Not sure what to do with myself.. That was Fantastic. ::sobs::
From: Mep
Date: 07/12/2006
Great story, loved it.

And Avel means mourner? really? that was my families last name before we can to America...interesting..
From: Deadra
Date: 05/15/2006
I've read a lot of deathfics in a lot of different fandoms, but this is easily the best I've come across.

The idea that House never even thinks twice about what he's going to do was already very good, but then came the letter and the Reuben sandwich - and I couldn't even stop reading to get some tissues.

I agree with the others, though. This needs a "deathfic"-warning.
From: Alexya
Date: 04/10/2006
As two other reviewers have mentioned, or something like that, this story deserves a warning. Something along the lines of: "WARNING! Potential health hazard! Author is not liable for any deaths by a sea of tears or an immovable mass of Kleenexes!"

But it truly was too wonderful of a read. I just feel like curling up in a ball and crying. Leaves a sense of fulfillment, yet longing, deep inside somewhere. God, the more I think about it, the more I feel like a hopeless romantic, what with the leaving exact change for lunch for a year. (sob) And House actually waiting the year. (sob) Gorgeous; absolutely gorgeous.

Next time I'll know that when you say "grief," you mean "grief." (mumbleunlikesomanyauthorswhonevercarrythroughwiththeemotionalpartandnoi'mnotcomplainingmumble)

-A-
From: Alex
Date: 02/24/2006
These pills don't even let me cry, but I almost did when I read this. It was the ruebens that did it. And the ribbon. And how avel means limping twerp.
From: __dtrain
Date: 01/06/2006
I'm impressed, really well written.

BUT HOL YGOD PUT A WARNING ON IT!!

*bawls*
From: cat chatoree
Date: 01/05/2006
Sweet Jesus.

I'm sorry, I'm going to need a minute to form a coherent thought. This was lovely. I have no doubt it will haunt me for the rest of the day.
From: Ravenaiya
Date: 01/04/2006
Gorgeous & very sad - but in that good way that's hard to explain. Loved the language - the line about "the low buzz of disbelief" especially. Wilson's line from the letter: "everything I've ever done in my life meant nothing when compared to loving you" was heartbreaking and wonderful. Thanks fo sharing this!
From: Anne
Date: 12/30/2005
This is a really really beautiful story. I am currently in tears and cannot help but hope the two are reunited. very beautiful and bitter sweet. Please continue writing more beautiful stories.
From: Mari
Date: 12/30/2005
This was nice! My only problem was that even with a title like this, the story would still need a warning...

(post new comment)

If you have problems using this form, please contact the archivist at keparker@shaw.ca.

Produced by Automated Archive, version 3.1.