The House Fan Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on Broken, Part 5

Number of comments: 14

(post new comment)

From: Jamie
Date: 07/16/2007
This just keeps getting better and better...
From: Laura
Date: 02/25/2006
Very tense chapter. I was very worried for Wilson and on the edge of my seat seeing how far you'd go with it. I'm glad it was only a close call (I say 'only' ::rolls eyes::, but it could have been much worse). Loved House swooping in to save Wilson, and I loved Wilson's thought about him looking like an enraged bear :). That amused me and I liked that there was still that humourous take even in that dire situation.

I loved House being all protective of Wilson too. And then there was the whole Cuddy thing. Again there was that snarky humour even in the bad situations- they just can't help themselves. But there was also her real concern for both men and I'm glad that House told her some of it and that she believed him though knew she was missing information.

The kiss was great; intense in that sort of coming-down-from-the-adrenalin way, but also sweet. And I liked Cuddy's response to it.

Looking forward to more.

Laura.
From: Nemo the Everbeing
Date: 02/20/2006
I think the biggest compliment I can pay you is that I didn't want to read this fic. I didn't want to like this fic. As you can see, I'm on part five, so, against all my desires, I keep reading! The subject is automatically a warning flag for me in most fics (most authors don't know how to handle such heavy stuff, so it's either dismissed far too quickly, or the entire story devolves into melodrama), but as soon as I started reading, I found a level of maturity and intensity about this story that was surprising. The characters were pitch-perfect, which also surprised me, given the subject material. You managed to take House and Wilson to places they have never gone in the show, but you did so in a way that felt more canon and less fanon. My favorite kind of fanfiction writer is one who can take the characters out of their normal circumstances, and still make them recognizably themselves, and you've managed that with aplomb.

At every turn, you've exceeded my expectations of both the story and the genre. Please, please keep writing, because if this is in any way indicative of your quality, then this fandom is lucky to have you.
From: denbigh
Date: 02/19/2006
yay! thanks for this! i can't wait for the next chapter!

yay, loved the house/cuddy-ness at the end...heheh.
From: Nikita
Date: 02/18/2006
good chapter!
From: gena
Date: 02/18/2006
Protective!House is so great! I think that was my fave part. This is such a wonderful fic, covering so many emotions. I love it.
From: Cat
Date: 02/17/2006
Oh at last you've updated. I thank you. House coming to the aid of his Jimmy. That was so sweet, plus House being to get of that anger out about being assulted by that pos###. Is there more? Will there be happiness sex at last. I'm looking forward with a calmer heart.
From: __dtrain
Date: 02/17/2006
omg omg omg omg omg! I love this fic! I totally wasn't expecting to love it when it started out, but I completely do. The writing is really compelling, the characters are done so well and it's not as cliched as it could be. Omg this is so good. *loves* :D
From: Ms
Date: 02/17/2006
Thank you for writing again; I've been eagerly awaiting the next chapter. This is such an interesting story.
From: nina
Date: 02/17/2006
You got me bitting my nail through half part of the stories!! i was shouting 'HOUSE COME ON MOVE YOUR SLOW ASS!!' ....and..then house came..battered him ...thehehe go house!! and woot!! fluff at the end...awww (>.<)
From: Firefruit
Date: 02/17/2006
Yea!!!!!!!! That's such a good chapter, I'm ridiculously hooked on this story. Very much looking forward to the next part :-).
From: MD
Date: 02/17/2006
OH MY GOD!!! You had me on the edge of my seat! Words cannot describe how much i loved that chapter.

Thank god Wilson made it out alive and House beating the crap out of the attacker with his cane was great - i could actually see him doing that in my head!

I loved how you had House hugging Wilson afterwards but calling him a moron at the same time! It's brilliant because you took an uncharacteristic House action (the hugging part) and mixed with a characteristic House action (the name calling part) which together makes for a brilliant scenario! Just one of the many things i love about this story...

Please tell there's going to be more, i can't get enough of this fic :)

~MD~ a.k.a joss59
From: rachbigbro
Date: 02/17/2006
For a second there I was scared, I thought that Wilson was gonna have to do it. But no! There comes SuperHouse with his crazy ass cane and beats him down. I was cheering outloud when I read that, earning a weird look from my sister. Another wonderful chapter! Can't wait for more.
From: Caerulea
Date: 02/16/2006
Whew! I was so worried about Wilson at the end of the last chapter. Thank you for saving him, House! You know, what I particularly like about this story (besides the elegant writing style and sensitive portrayal of the characters) is the way you pushed House's emotions to the wall in a way that no other fanfic (that I have read) ever has. The increasingly intense spiral of his feelings has been fascinating and dramatic. This could have been an over-the-top story with its seriously violent subject matter but you never went that direction. It has been a taut, emotional thriller. I'm happy that another tragedy has been averted but I hope that you won't make the conclusion too lightweight... (I mean, it would be nice for the guys if all the bad stuff just went away but I don't think that would be too realistic. On the other hand, it's your story ;-) Thanks for updating!

(post new comment)

If you have problems using this form, please contact the archivist at keparker@shaw.ca.

Produced by Automated Archive, version 3.1.