The House Fan Fiction Archive Comments

Comments on Leave This Harbor For The Sea

Number of comments: 6

(post new comment)

From: raiining
Date: 12/02/2007
Oh, so good. God. Is there a sequel? I love the boat references, and the last line was excellent. Plus you completely captured House's feelings here, even with so few words and from Wilson's POV. Well done!
From: Azure
Date: 03/28/2006
I loved this. It was a very believable look at House/Wilson where (unfortunately) they didn't have a happy ending. Well-characterised, and I thought that the sea theme worked well throughout.
From: Clannadlvr
Date: 11/16/2005
Lovely and beautiful prose. This last line is especially poignant.

Wilson stooped to clean up the wreckage of his model boat, and pretended he couldn't taste the saltwater.

Really lovely!
From: Lisa
Date: 11/13/2005
Usually I don't even bother with short fics but seeing as the House fandom is lacking in fics of any size, I'm reading anything I can get my hands on.

That being said, this was brilliant and restored my faith in the one-shot. The metaphor of the boat was beautifully done and both House and Wilson felt IC and realistic. I loved how awkward it was for both of them and that Wilson didn't have some deep revelation about his feelings. He was still confused, he still hadn't processed it completely.

I would love for this to be the start to a much longer fic but even if it stayed as is, I will be just as happy.

From: gradiva
Date: 10/14/2005
fabulous. one of my favourite h/w stories. do keep writing.
From: princessdoe
Date: 06/23/2005
I love your stories. I see Otter, I click. :-) With this one, there was such a beautifully-limned House and Wilson circling each other, and then the (metaphorical) voyage of that dory, and its eventual -- and ecstatic -- shipwreck. Gorgeous. Please, please write more.

(post new comment)

If you have problems using this form, please contact the archivist at keparker@shaw.ca.

Produced by Automated Archive, version 3.1.