The House Fan Fiction Archive

 

What If


by Evildo3r


Title: What If. Author: Evildo3r Rating: G Just a short drabble written shortly after 5x06's "Joy". Disclaimer: I don't own House or any other characters. Summary: Just a thought. Short written about possible House/Cuddy and Wilson/Cuddy.

The door burst open. No knock, no warning. Just a man and his cane, with a purpose. Wilson finished what he was writing before answering his friend's glare with a hint of false surprise. "Have you spoken to Cuddy recently?"

"What do you think you're doing?" House demanded, his voice a little louder than he expected. He shut the door quickly before he could draw more attention to himself.

"Well I...I don't know. I've always had feelings for her, House. But I've only just realized what this could mean. You're not taking this personal, are you? What you said-"

"What I said last night was private." House's words were dripping in sarcasm. "And no, nothing personal. Confessing your undying love for her was completely original on your part.

Wilson sighed, leaning back in his chair, "So, you're upset."

"Only because I kissed her-"

"Let me explain,-" Wilson cut in, sitting upright in his chair.

"-and then my best friend asked her out the next day." House continued.

Wilson stood up. "Do you honestly think something is going to happen?"

House stopped, looking directly at Wilson now, "It's happened before"

"Before, when you were still in school. It's over now."

"It's still there" House shot back.

"She's your boss now, you work together."

"This is different."

"It's impossible, House." Wilson finished.

"Well, I didn't bet on you being the competition." House stepped closer, so that he was face to face with Wilson. "I'm not too worried, you've got a record of screw ups. What, three ex-wives, and one dead girlfriend?"

"Don't bring her into this!"

"You did."

Both men were silent. House walked to the door, resting his hand on the handle.

"Not this." He pleaded, before finally leaving.

  Please post a comment on this story.



Legal Disclaimer: The authors published here make no claims on the ownership of Dr. Gregory House and the other fictional residents of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital. Like the television show House (and quite possibly Dr. Wilson's pocket protector), they are the property of NBC/Universal, David Shore and undoubtedly other individuals of whom I am only peripherally aware. The fan fiction authors published here receive no monetary benefit from their work and intend no copyright infringement nor slight to the actual owners. We love the characters and we love the show, otherwise we wouldn't be here.